Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So using custom skins and custom splash arts is against the EULA now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McBankington

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:
wall of text

Sure, that's cool and all, but are you aware that riot has posted in threads based on custom skins, and supported custom skins before? Some custom skins have even been turned into real skins. Why the sudden change of heart?

CataclysmCrash

08-06-2012

Nazi Teemo would of been the only Teemo skin I liked.

Just because it fits the theme of everyone hating him.

Fascist *******.

Lomar

Associate Producer

08-06-2012

Quote:
McBankington:
Sure, that's cool and all, but are you aware that riot has posted in threads based on custom skins, and supported custom skins before? Some custom skins have even been turned into real skins. Why the sudden change of heart?

Maybe I didn't communicate this clearly in my giant wall of text :P

There is no "change of heart" that I'm aware of. The view now is the same view from two years ago. The amount of people being banned for this is the same as it was two years ago (which is to say virtually nil). If there was a meeting to change things - would be odd that I missed it given I'm responsible for the policy

Keltenn

08-06-2012

Quote:
McBankington:

You obviously have no idea what he wrote.

HyuugaLord

08-06-2012

I support you.

Lomar

Associate Producer

08-06-2012

Quote:
Manadorf:
Are people really this stupid?

Did anyone even look at the name of the OP

Emailsupport is one of the most blatant trolls on this forum and your trusting thats hes providing valid information

/facepalm

On the other hand, what this thread exposed was that there were people with wrong ideas/assumptions on this issue. Otherwise, it would never get cleared up.

So thanks Emailsupport for giving us the opportunity... whether or not that's what you were going for. :P

Artemis N7

08-06-2012

Quote:
McBankington:

Maybe you should go back and actually read his wall of text

Asif25

08-06-2012

thanks for clearing this up Lomar

p.s brolaf awesome

A Swarm of Koala

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:
On the other hand, what this thread exposed was that there were people with wrong ideas/assumptions on this issue. Otherwise, it would never get cleared up.

So thanks Emailsupport for giving us the opportunity... whether or not that's what you were going for. :P

Thanks bro.

Arance

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lomar:
TLDR: No-modification clauses are standard in software EULA/ToS documents. LoL has always had one. Custom-modding is always at your own risk, but we generally don't ban for anything unless it's clearly harmful to LoL or our players. The vast majority of custom splashes/skins will NOT fall into this bucket.

I'm not aware of any, but if you believe you ARE a legitimate case of being banned solely for modification of skins/splash art, send in a support ticket with specifics and reference me in the ticket. I can promise one of two things: a) it will be corrected; or b) you'll get a good explanation why it won't be.

If you ever have to show up in court on behalf of Riot, and you are standing in front of the judge NOT dressed as your avatar, I will be severaly disappointed.

(On a serious note, good explanation. I'm getting sick of the consipracy theorists convinced that Riot is doing everything they legally can to screw people over "just because.&quot