Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So using custom skins and custom splash arts is against the EULA now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

08-06-2012

lol @ "I would strongly advice you."

AP Student

08-06-2012

dat p ****

Jordan Mohan

08-06-2012

I know that message from support should be good enough, but I want to see a red post on this....in this thread.....

Jgame

08-06-2012

Bump.

Archaias

08-06-2012

Has anyone actually checked the EULA to confirm this?

Jordan Mohan

08-06-2012

Okay so I went through the EULA and found this line I think the support Rioter was talking about, "Modify or cause to be modified any files that are part of the Software in any way not expressly authorized by Riot Games", but as far as I know, it WAS expessed by Riot that we can use them at our own risk of the client crashing....

GodofMountainDew

08-06-2012

So many reds gave instructions on how to alter files. I'm currently using the customized recommended items trick, custom skins, and animations. If my account ever got notified because of doing this I would straight up quit.

Syn Faal

08-06-2012

Riot pls

Yoruichi

08-06-2012

Quote:
deepbluereason:
I'd be quite surprised if it hasn't always been (after all, you're going in and modifying game files). It's just that they don't really care and, really, there's no way to catch you if all you're doing is making superficial cosmetic changes.

Be prepared to be surprised! Back pre-season 1 and during season 1, modding was not only common, but Riot approved/supported.

When they updated the pvp.net client and messed up everybodies mods, a red came to the forum, showed the modders how to access the files needed to continue modding. The red then proceeded to say how much Riot actually likes modders, since the stupid game is just a WC3 mod in the first place that they made.

If they did a 180 on this... I'd be very surprised.

Aliceandria

08-06-2012

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is apparently calling the shots on weather modding is ok by Riot.