Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So using custom skins and custom splash arts is against the EULA now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seth Lightheart

08-05-2012

Bump for knowledge.

Seth Lightheart

08-05-2012

I love how people are saying its against the terms >.> Even when: skins have 0 effect on the game, riot in the past has complimented people on their skins, riot has turned custom skins into in game skins, AND they admitted that their old software which detects "bad mods" is messing up!

Devi Serene

Recruiter

08-05-2012

Sad

Seth Lightheart

08-05-2012

Seriously.... This is BS and I wish more people cared about it. Some of Riot's skins are horribly outdated and it makes it MUCH easier on the eyes not to look at some old school Eve or Ash before her touch-up.

PhoenixRitter

08-05-2012

Quote:
Seth Lightheart:
Seriously.... This is BS and I wish more people cared about it. Some of Riot's skins are horribly outdated and it makes it MUCH easier on the eyes not to look at some old school Eve or Ash before her touch-up.

I definitely care. I like most of the custom skins better than most of Riot's official skins - plus they can be more fun without copyright infringement. I never played Rammus until I found the Sonic skin for him on Leaguecraft. I hated Riot's change to basically try to kill custom skins.

Seth Lightheart

08-05-2012

Quote:
PhoenixRitter:
I definitely care. I like most of the custom skins better than most of Riot's official skins - plus they can be more fun without copyright infringement. I never played Rammus until I found the Sonic skin for him on Leaguecraft. I hated Riot's change to basically try to kill custom skins.

Same here! I remember trying to many more champs because of the custom skins!

Also.... I think its more like their equipment is old and they don't really care enough about custom skins to change it. Which is why people need to speak up >.>

Atroquinine

08-05-2012

And then they replace good Freljord Ashe art that people paid for with an eyesore

and then ban you if you try to change it

wheeeeee

Untouchable

08-05-2012

"strongly advice against"

TheCowness

08-05-2012

...So, if the following were true (but I admit nothing), I could, hypothetically, be banned if I were to change the recommended items on any, or perhaps nearly all, of the champions I play? I thought I learned how that was done from a red post here on the forums...

EDIT: I don't agree with OP's wording (What does this have to do with greed?), but a red response to this would be nice. I know the EULA includes that statement so that they don't have to mess with people who messed up their games by modding, but some of us know what we're doing. A year ago, Nintendo wouldn't fix the laser in my Wii (I have an old Wii that won't read dual-layer discs like Brawl and Other M) just because I had Homebrew Channel stuff on it (I'd actually uninstalled the channel just in case, but they found it anyway...). Nintendo knows very well the Homebrew Channel isn't the probem with my Wii, but I did break their warranty contract by putting it on there, and since companies have so many customers to deal with, most of them won't help anyone they don't legally have to help.

Is Riot gonna do the same thing? If I contact customer support and they find out I did something harmless such as edit the ini files to change my champs' recommended items that, while harmless, breaks the EULA, will they refuse to help me and/or suspend my account?

Seth Lightheart

08-05-2012

Quote:
Untouchable:
"strongly advice against"

I'm fine with strongly advising against. However if I get banned for making the minions look like heartless wtf? Riot needs to improve their ani-hacking software. This seriously hurts my gaming experience.