Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Manamune: Poppy's Salvation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riffraffselbow

09-11-2010

Quote:
biomorph:

As an alternative ... how about a Meki + Pickaxe? Same regen, more damage and cheaper. And ... Upgradable

Sorry, no.

Manamune will always provide more damage than Meki+Pickaxe, assuming you have a mana bar at all. +350 mana = flat +7 damage with the passive; even if you had 0 mana before, the +350 would give you +7.

Carados

09-11-2010

The problem is that you are going AD.

Hozartis

09-11-2010

Quote:
Carados:
The problem is that you are going AD.

Poppy can go hybrid.

I've tested it about 4 or 5 times and only find it useful on Tank Poppy, but not so much AP Poppy or even AD (AD doesn't rely on Devastating Blow her damage output).

With AP is better off getting Sheen and Deathfire Grasp ASAP.
1. Getting Sheen, Sorc Boots, Manamune, then Deathfire Grasp slows you down from DFG.
2. Getting Sheen, Sorc. Boots, Deathfire Grasp, then Manamune. Won't do you good because against High Elo players, they purchase MR once you have too much fun with DFG, and that forces you to buy Void Staff if you wish to remain competitive.
3. Going for Manamune first weakens your early game (it costs quite a bit for Poppy), but helps you farm minions faster later. Again, however, it slows you down from DFG.

HotsauceShoTYME

09-11-2010

You are forgetting that chalice is needed on ashe for volley spam and keeping mana for arrow. This means you dont need chalice and can get mana, regen and damage in one item. This also makes banshees more attractive since she really needs survival

Kritara

09-11-2010

It's not about just the regen, it's also the mana pool you can continously burn through.

Think of it this way, take 2 cars with the exact gas mileage, ignoring weight and all that physics ****. Which car will get you further the one with a 10 gallon tank or the one with 15 gallon tank.

kthnxbai

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Quote:
HotsauceShoTYME:
You are forgetting that chalice is needed on ashe for volley spam and keeping mana for arrow. This means you dont need chalice and can get mana, regen and damage in one item. This also makes banshees more attractive since she really needs survival

who gets chalice on ashe? either get a few magic regen runes or buy some mana pots in mid game. saves a lot of money so you can get a bf sword

biomorph

09-12-2010

Quote:
Riffraffselbow:
Sorry, no.

Manamune will always provide more damage than Meki+Pickaxe, assuming you have a mana bar at all. +350 mana = flat +7 damage with the passive; even if you had 0 mana before, the +350 would give you +7.

True that, I was hasty and overlooked the base +20 damage.

salakin15

09-12-2010

Quote:
biomorph:
Just to make one thing clear: I did not say it is bad.
But ... any champion with mana problems only needs a Meki pendant or just MR/5 per level seals and hs worries are over AND it's cheap.
You do not need this particular item to fix your mana and it does not give that much attack damage.
So the benefit you speak of I find is disputable.
As an alternative ... how about a Meki + Pickaxe? Same regen, more damage and cheaper. And ... Upgradable

yes this is true but manamune can provide people like poppy with more spamming for her spells and also in the long run it ends up being better than a bf sword plenty of mana and regen and only takes up one slot

biomorph

09-12-2010

Quote:
salakin15:
yes this is true but manamune can provide people like poppy with more spamming for her spells and also in the long run it ends up being better than a bf sword plenty of mana and regen and only takes up one slot

That is why I get a Meki Pendant -> Codex -> DFG which what you want on Poppy in any case. What I am trying to say is that with a Meki Pendant you have enough mana regen to stay in lane. Granted it helps you should not have to rely on Devastating Blow to get you some last hits anyways. And compared to say Ezreal then Poppy really isn't that mana hungry.
Now disregarding Poppy and speaking generally: By the time the damage is par with a BF Sword and beyond I would assume that odds are you might have farmed up a Infinity Edge anyways?