Manamune: Poppy's Salvation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riffraffselbow

09-11-2010

Is it just me, or does Manamune provide a ton of value to Poppy? her small mana pool benefits from the mana to freely spam, she has spammy spells so it stacks up fast, etc, etc.

Thoughts?

Lorifel

09-11-2010

Got the same thought, my friend is still testing it.

wanderingsniper

09-11-2010

Manamune is pretty much the god weapon at the moment providing usefulness to any physical damage champ that requires mana. I've seen it amazing on MF Ezreals, poppys, yis and the sorts. If you use mana and are a physical champ it should be almost in every core build. Hell it works on ashe in soo many good ways.

Carados

09-11-2010

So, where do you fit it, after your DFG and your Sheen?

Shinslammer

09-11-2010

It should come early in your build to give it time to snowball, but not as your first damage item, because a lot of items offer better early game damage.

As a general rule for the characters I use it on, I get a damage item(ex sheen/brutalizer), then boots1, then manamune, then finish boots.

adriuz

09-11-2010

whats a manamune?

larkhill

09-11-2010

id have to agree with getting it after sheen/brutalizer and boots1.

though id still start off with a tear first, then get boots 1, then get ur sheen/brutalizer and then manamune.

biomorph

09-11-2010

Just some quick math on the 2% passive (mana pool * 0.02 = damage gained):
2000 * 0.02 = 40
2500 * 0.02 = 50
3000 * 0.02 = 60

Generally: you get 1 attack damage per 50 mana.

At first this seems awesome but I tested it on Miss Fortune and I was not intrigued by it after seeing the effect or lack thereof and then doing the math. Not unless you pack Manamune and something like a Banshee do you get the somewhat the equivalent of a BF Sword.

In my opinion this is not worth it and especially as Manamune does not give you mana more than a Meki pendant does AND the damage is only worth while if you stack items that increase your mana pool further. A BF Sword and a Meki pendant will be better spent also since BF Sword can be upgraded to say IE which is the king physical DPS item and does not care how large your mana pool is. A physical champion should not be limited to the size of his mana pool for effectiveness.

As for Poppy I will echo that DFG, Sheen (later Lich Bane) and Boots is pretty much all you need to get a effective Poppy.

My thoughts? Leave it alone. I looks better than it actually is.

Amaterasuomikami

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
Just some quick math on the 2% passive (mana pool * 0.02 = damage gained):
2000 * 0.02 = 40
2500 * 0.02 = 50
3000 * 0.02 = 60

Generally: you get 1 attack damage per 50 mana.

At first this seems awesome but I tested it on Miss Fortune and I was not intrigued by it after seeing the effect or lack thereof and then doing the math. Not unless you pack Manamune and something like a Banshee do you get the somewhat the equivalent of a BF Sword.

In my opinion this is not worth it and especially as Manamune does not give you mana more than a Meki pendant does AND the damage is only worth while if you stack items that increase your mana pool further. A BF Sword and a Meki pendant will be better spent also since BF Sword can be upgraded to say IE which is the king physical DPS item and does not care how large your mana pool is. A physical champion should not be limited to the size of his mana pool for effectiveness.

As for Poppy I will echo that DFG, Sheen (later Lich Bane) and Boots is pretty much all you need to get a effective Poppy.

My thoughts? Leave it alone. I looks better than it actually is.
It starts out at +20 attack power, remember that. Just because it dosent give as much as a BF sword does not make it bad. Any physical character that might have had even small mana problems can benefit from this.

biomorph

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
It starts out at +20 attack power, remember that. Just because it dosent give as much as a BF sword does not make it bad. Any physical character that might have had even small mana problems can benefit from this.
Just to make one thing clear: I did not say it is bad.
But ... any champion with mana problems only needs a Meki pendant or just MR/5 per level seals and hs worries are over AND it's cheap.
You do not need this particular item to fix your mana and it does not give that much attack damage.
So the benefit you speak of I find is disputable.
As an alternative ... how about a Meki + Pickaxe? Same regen, more damage and cheaper. And ... Upgradable