Quickest way to 30?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x LYTTE x

08-04-2012

Kinda new, picked up the game really quickly though. Typically I either run a Warwick/Nunu jungle, Karthus mid, or leila solo top. Really wanting to jungle...but it's honestly so stupidly pointless in normal it's laughable. Most don't know what a leash is, how to properly set up a gank. Hell, most I've seen can barely do the simply early game lane farm. So, honestly, what's my best option for rushing 30? Keep jungling and keep improving regardless of if the team knows wtf I'm bringing to the table, or simply roll a carry and try to secure wins solo.

If it helps, the best game I've had to date would be a 13/5?/10 in a 2v5 (running jungle nunu) with zil where 3 of our members quit in the first 3 mins. (we surrendered @20 ofc)

Minzart

08-04-2012

The quickest way would be to just PLAY. After every game, add the good players, and whenever they're on, ask them to join your pre-made team. Also, if you have friends on LoL, I suggest playing games with them while talking over Skype, to give a huge coordination advantage.

I'm only Level 20, so maybe it's not right for me to say, but I think that your get better at LoL by connecting with the community. In games, give helpful advice, to make others play better (be nice, or you may be rage-reported). Admit your own mistakes and try to avoid conflicts. Not only will you have peace at mind, but you will also be playing better, and with better people.

Minzart

08-04-2012

I should add that LoL is a team game, so regardless of how good you are, you have to be able to cooperate with your team. As you can probably see, from your example game as Kayle. Although you had a very good score, having 3 AFK still made you lose. ALways remember: Teamwork is OP.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

In my experience the vast majority of people know what a leash is, and if they don't, you can be like "hey, can you hang out in this bush until 1:55 and hit the blue golem when it spawns and then leave? It's called a "leash" and it REALLY helps my jungle, so i can gank more. Thanks."

holyoatmeal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Well Viktor is the best right now.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

People don't get better once you hit 30, they get worse.

Maugrymm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

I'd have to agree with Minzart on this one. Grab yourself a group of reliable friends and players you meet along the way, communicate, strategize, and as long as you can continue working as a team you'll breeze your way through games on your climb to 30. Also, and I never see anyone mention this due to the fact that it requires you to spend your own hard-earned cash, but I've found that XP Boosts can REALLY help cut the grind time. That's my 2 cents.

trackmaster

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
People don't get better once you hit 30, they get worse.
Have you played with sub 30's lately. It's really fun because I can run around as mundo and kill them all since most don't even buy a single ward.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackmaster View Post
Have you played with sub 30's lately. It's really fun because I can run around as mundo and kill them all since most don't even buy a single ward.
I was sub 30 until yesterday, and to celebrate hitting 30 today I played a bunch of ARAM BOOBIES AND DRUGS 30+++ ONLY, and basically, yeah, my ~10-20 duo queue friends are better than some of these 1300 elo chumps.

Also consider that literally everyone single person under 1200 elo is level 30. :P

laxjoh

08-04-2012

I recommend playing Dominion - Crystal Scar. The games are shorter and you'll accumulate a good amount of experience/IP in a shorter amount of time. At least I think it is faster than SR seeing as how SR can go from 20 to 40 minutes on average. It'll still take a lot of time. Good luck with the lvling.