[Guide] A Comprehensive Guide to Being, and Controlling with Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elucelom

08-07-2011

Good Guide! HF and my first post lol

Been playing Ram for awhile and was getting pretty good. Then I read this and really took off.

I was playing a wardens mail, frozen heart build and it was good but thornmail build is much better albeit a bit slower at first. The reason a slowing build is dumb is because our rolling ball slows anyway. We just want dps from our defense. I usually buy rejuv penant first then get mercury treads and upgrade penant to philosopher stone. And guess what you don't even have to sell the stone, you upgrade it to Revellry and get an active speed spell wow (you can do this later after sunfire lol).

After this Thornmail and thats when things get fun. It is a bit slow getting there sometimes and have though about going to treads first but penant helps the first few lvls.

Now you really just want to buy a iron vest asap. Here I keep tricking myself into buying a null-thread mantle, but then its too tempting to just go for guardian angel. We want to get 1 Sunfire First.

So now you have
Mercury Threads
Shiyaya Revellry (SP?) lol
Thornmail
Sunfire Cloak

Now it gets tough. The OP goes Guardian Angel next I believe? I've been doing the same but if its a close game this isn't enough sometimes and I will try to jump right to a 2nd sunfire. However maybe hexdrinker would be good? Sometimes angel doesn't do enough, but it is probably the right choice. Then a 2nd sunfire to round it out. Seams about right, EH?

mfmage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elucelom View Post
Good Guide! HF and my first post lol

Been playing Ram for awhile and was getting pretty good. Then I read this and really took off.

I was playing a wardens mail, frozen heart build and it was good but thornmail build is much better albeit a bit slower at first. The reason a slowing build is dumb is because our rolling ball slows anyway. We just want dps from our defense. I usually buy rejuv penant first then get mercury treads and upgrade penant to philosopher stone. And guess what you don't even have to sell the stone, you upgrade it to Revellry and get an active speed spell wow (you can do this later after sunfire lol).

After this Thornmail and thats when things get fun. It is a bit slow getting there sometimes and have though about going to treads first but penant helps the first few lvls.

Now you really just want to buy a iron vest asap. Here I keep tricking myself into buying a null-thread mantle, but then its too tempting to just go for guardian angel. We want to get 1 Sunfire First.

So now you have
Mercury Threads
Shiyaya Revellry (SP?) lol
Thornmail
Sunfire Cloak

Now it gets tough. The OP goes Guardian Angel next I believe? I've been doing the same but if its a close game this isn't enough sometimes and I will try to jump right to a 2nd sunfire. However maybe hexdrinker would be good? Sometimes angel doesn't do enough, but it is probably the right choice. Then a 2nd sunfire to round it out. Seams about right, EH?
No no double no. Why would you build another sunfire? They no longer stack damage. The op was before that change but your post is from today...there are better items for sure since the damage no longer stacks on sunfires.

Elucelom

08-07-2011

haha well I didn't read through the rest of the posters and I'm not a "seasoned vet" So that leaves me with another slot open anyhow. Thanks for you info care to suggest anything else?

Kasamari

08-11-2011

i would like to thank all of you, as a new player and playing with the free to plays, ram was on of the ones who stood out and i almost have enough to get him, this guide has been very helpfull for me