Nocturne or Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B Bunny1

08-11-2011

Looking for a character to dominate with. I bought Anivia last week and while I enjoy playing her, all of the assists leave something to be desired for me.

Would appreciate it if anyone could point out strengths and weaknesses of both champions.

BTripp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Quote:
Looking for a character to dominate with.
The most surefire way to do this is to get good at the game itself and stop worrying about what champ you're playing. What is it with so many people who want help finding a specific champ to "dominate" with.

THIS JUST IN: ANY CHAMP CAN DO (at the very least moderately) WELL IF YOU ARE A GOOD PLAYER. EVERY CHAMP WILL SUCK IF YOU SUCK.

Here's an idea! How about you try them both, figure out which one you enjoy playing more and have fun whilst playing and improving your game as opposed to champion hopping until you find one you think will faceroll the most.

Too many people put way too much stock in Kills vs. Assists. Guess what? For every assist you have it means someone died, for every kill you have it also means someone died. In the end they both mean that your team killed someone on the other team. I don't understand why people think assists are so terrible and kills are so amazing. I would be more stoked to go 5/2/21 than 17/2/5 because it means my team got more kills and it was more likely that I would win.

TLDR: stop looking to faceroll and play a champ you like playing, get good, and THEN proceed to roll face. Skill>Champion selection 99% of the time.

B Bunny1

08-11-2011

Thanks for absolutely no help. Move along please.

iLikeSushi

08-11-2011

Nocturne

Pros
-Can jungle well
-Can build tanky but still does lots of damage thanks to passive and Q
-Built in spell shield
-Ulti has great utility and allows for long ranged ganks. A lot of people run away when noct uses his ulti even if they're not the target or anywhere near him
-Has fear
-Passive gives him some built in life steal, an AOE auto attack, and extra damage

Cons
-Melee
-His steriods (Q and W) are situational. Q requires you to stay on the path of it and W requires you to block a spell so neither are that reliable
-The fear takes 2 seconds to kick in

Vayne

Pros
-Ranged
-Deals %HP true damage
-Really good chaser thanks to Q, ulti, and passive
-Has a stun/pushing spell
-Can stealth
-3 reliable damage steriods (Q, W, ulti)

Cons
-Can't jungle
-Generally squishy
-Condemn can work against you if you fail to hit the enemy into a wall
-No AOE abilities

Kerhentt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Nocturne is a Natural Ganker, and most of all, an Assassin. He affects the way your opponents play even if he isn't in their lane. In teamfights, he gets in after all CC has been blown, he kill someone, and then he gets out. YOU'RE NOT A FIGHTER WITH NOCTURNE. Most champions will overrun you if you try to 1vs1 them for a long time (Xin Zhao, Jax, Tryndamere). Try to always be ganking and targeting squishies rather than fighters and tanks. You're also squishy and very dangerous, so they WILL focus you. You're more like a Chaser, and imo, the best one at it.

Vayne is more like a fighter. She will deal high damage to the enemies late game, and will be dangerous early game. She's an agressive champion, always seeking to fight. In 1vs1, she can be completely difficult to deal with, although if you just get close to her, everything will be easier. With Vayne, you're the most squishy champion in the game. THE MOST. You can also chase people down, not as good as Nocturne, but she can do well.

TL;DR

Nocturne: Ganker, Assassin, Chaser, Melee, Kinda Squishy
Vayne: Fighter, Carry, Ranged, Stealth, SQUISHY.

(btw, one of my mains is nocturne. PM me if you want anything ^^)

SeCKS Egai

08-11-2011

Point was made that you shouldn't rely on the champ alone to net you your kills. Also, your initial post does give the impression you seem to assume the champ is the biggest factor.

I don't have Noc yet, but did enjoy him during free play. I do plan on adding him to the collection as he's very effective. He can jungle well, and ambush solidly with his ult, not to mention cause general confusion. He also has duskbringer so he at least isn't completely melee.

I picked up Vayne the first time I tried her out in free play and haven't had any regrets, even after her nerf. She's extremely squishy, and relatively easy to kill, but she also deals true damage making her effective against any target as long as she's able to maintain fire. But, she's also a carry and very dependent on items.

Both tend to be focused in team fights, tho Vayne a bit more. But ultimately, its a matter of preference if you prefer ranged or melee.

ArchitectOfFates

08-11-2011

To be considered skilled in a ranked point-of-view, a player needs to have the abilty to fulfill many different roles. All of the pros that play this game in competitions all have various utility in the champs they play. They can successfully play a jungler, a support, a tank, a mage, and a carry. A good idea that would make you a more skilled player would be to become for familiar with a large host of different champs. If you are only good with one champ and you try to play ranked...good things will not come. that champ could be banned or the enemies could know the champ's weaknesses. Learn to play different roles and champions, and the best way to do this is to play the ones you have the most fun with. It's not all about K/D/A and not always about winning. I'd rather have a game where i was 2/5/34 than 25/0/7 because that just means the game was too much of an unfair, one-sided victory. I enjoy games where I have enemies that are good opponents and require me to bring out and utilize my diverse abilities. Have fun with the game, practice those that you have the most fun with and most of all, do ,what you can to play for your team. It is a team game. after all.