How can I get out of Elo hell?!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shardicus

08-04-2012

If I'm not mistaken, "ELO Hell" exists because we have high-ELO players creating "Smurf" accounts and ruining the experience for lower-ranked players by creating horrendously-unbalanced matches.

Leftw1thoutaword

08-04-2012

no i think "elo hell" is people trolling going afk and feeding or just being bad at league of legends playing ranked just to screw over people who play ranked seriously

Treza

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardicus View Post
If I'm not mistaken, "ELO Hell" exists because we have high-ELO players creating "Smurf" accounts and ruining the experience for lower-ranked players by creating horrendously-unbalanced matches.
you are mistaken.. why would anyone do this? and why would a smurf account be level 30?
"elo hell" exists because at 1250 its basically a coin flip whether or not you win or lose, because many players new to ranked will play the games and whoever just happened to not get the newby wins the game. potentially good players who had the newby now drop.. but the chances of once again having the newby on your team once you get lower and lower go up and up. until you get really low, because by then most people have a bunch of ranked experience just because of the fact they get so many games in to get that low. you can work your way back to the 1250 but then once again its a coin flip because you could have the newby on your team. its very possibly to never get past 1250 just through pure bad luck which is pretty frustrating when you know youre above the average player in skill

although most people who have low elo are people who just think theyre entitled to having high elo based on nothing, and arent actually that good and in some ways deserve to stay low