Inside Design: Scorn of the Moon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hentitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Let me unlock her now!!!

Hefasto

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentitan View Post
Let me unlock her now!!!
nope you need to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday for her but hey EU players will have to wait one day longer >.<

Kruith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefasto View Post
nope you need to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday for her but hey EU players will have to wait one day longer >.<
Why Tuesday,Wednesday? Wouldn't they try to release her as soon as possible since its already overdue.

godofwarzues

08-04-2012

i do have one comment to add or to ask but what attacks are going to afflict moon damage for the ult to instant teleport

DizzyUA

08-04-2012

Need more op champions!

Lyrdian

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Bancroft View Post
"lol how cool would it be to make another female champion that wears practical armor that does not feature a push up bra?"
Pretty shallow if you ask me. It is the practical arts, game art included, that can have the biggest impact on the twisted perception of what a body is. Why would you NOT want to break the mold?
She looks like she'll be fun but every female champion beyond this point deserves to be fully clothed and padded. Sejuani was a stretch but I can deal with that back story.
I'm about to be so over LoL if the next female champ is another Zyra.

BYE! Please let the door hit you on your way out!

Its called *** appeal. it is in every advertisement and game that has a female person/character in/on it and it is very common in the US. i realize the female gamers out there might have issues with Riot taking advantage of it, but they are a business just like any other, here to make money AND supply us with a satisfactory product.

Satisfactory might be a stretch some days, but its always been fairly tolerable until they do something great that makes up for it :P
I will say though, you guys have yet to release a true pet champion. heimer and his 'turrets', malz's voidlings, zyra's plants and Yorick's ghouls don't really suffice for a pet champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05410n View Post
Jesus release her already....Most people don't even read the lore, they just wanna PLAY the game...
Yet everysingle person i personally know (IRL) has read the lore of every champion. While yes i find it annoying that they can continue releasing stuff about her without releasing her im sure there were some nifty bugs they had to iron out. Do we really want her to be disabled for 3 days AFTER we buy her?

And anyways its not like those RP/IP are going anywhere, they don't expire:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimfangzero View Post
i think they do put some effort into the lore still (clearly by the long conversation that we just read) but i just think that people don't appreciate that they don't just make amazing champs in a amazing game, but also put a story behind each champ and giving them a reason to be in the game and not just going "new champ, done" it adds new aspects into this game which is why i believe LoL is much better then any other online game that i have ever played.
This ^. Only one game i have played has had better evolving lore and even that is hard to say. EQ has had 18 expansions and unlike LoL im lost as far as lore goes>.> League lore has been fun to follow, even if it is small stuff that doesnt affect the game in anyway (the 'breaking news' popups we get on the homelobby)

Avery Restless

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Bancroft View Post
"lol how cool would it be to make another female champion that wears practical armor that does not feature a push up bra?"
Pretty shallow if you ask me. It is the practical arts, game art included, that can have the biggest impact on the twisted perception of what a body is. Why would you NOT want to break the mold?
She looks like she'll be fun but every female champion beyond this point deserves to be fully clothed and padded. Sejuani was a stretch but I can deal with that back story.
I'm about to be so over LoL if the next female champ is another Zyra.
The female form is dirty and evil and needs to be covered up. Can't let anyone see those dirtypillows.

Eph289

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because we don't release champions every week, nor do we want to. We want to release champions regularly, but let Zyra breathe a bit first!
She's a plant.

She doesn't need to breathe.

Your move.

Ferwindar

08-04-2012

Really looking foward to playing her. Good design, interesting gameplay. Nice job, Riot.

She reminds me a lot of Maiev, from WC3.

Anne Bancroft

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplier View Post
I'd say that as far as the art goes, a certain matter of "suspension of disbelief" is appropriate. That is, some things may seem very unrealistic as compared to our world (or even to the fantasy world in question), but being as such serves a purpose, and that purpose makes it okay for the lack of realism. In this case, that purpose is not necessarily that *** sells, but that appearance matters.

If you wanted to be strict on realistic appearance, that champions shouldn't go into battle half naked, then every champion should follow some sort of progressive armoring, similar to pulsefire ezrael, in which they start off weak-looking but get stronger as the game goes on. Additionally, each time someone purchases an item, that item should be visible on the character. If someone buys a Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge, and Phantom Dancer, then they should have 4 swords magically glued to their model, regardless of how their normal appearance looks. And when an ability or basic attack hits a target, there should be splatters of blood appropriate to the damage dealt.

Hopefully you can read the dripping sarcasm in the paragraph above. The point is that some things aren't going to feel realistic, but as long as there is a purpose to that (be it for lore, gameplay, programming difficulty, or artwork), then there isn't a problem.
exactly, some of it seems purposeless though. Aw well. All my concerns here are petty and silly to be honest. The fine art aspects of this game are without real practical purpose. I can only hope for the minor adjustments I want. Hope and pray. And junk.
Also instead of blood I'm interested in glitter and honey.