Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gosuprime

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We've nerfed almost every champ, most of them multiple times. Somehow, people still use champions in League of Legends!
some more than others

Vlad

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACERDUDE1320xx View Post
vlad too
I've been nerfed so many times!! I'm just waiting til riot decides to remove spellvamp and make me AD. I'd almost rather get a couple vamp scepters as it is

Head Crack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

She is just Very strong everywhere. Most champs have a point when they are strong. For some champs its late game, or early game. For others it can be mid lane or top. With Zyra however she is stronk everywhere. Early game, late game, jungle hell she can even top lane. She has an easy time zoning champs. Her plants are annoying as hell, and she can kick you butt while you hug a turret.

I don't think her whole kit need to be nerf but open up a weakness somewhere to give us a fighting chance.

Carzanso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarolar View Post
I feel like i shouldn't even buy newly released champions anymore. I buy talon on release, Nerfed. I buy Fizz on release, Nerfed. I buy Ahri on release, Nerfed, I buy Graves on release, Nerfed (after QQ on forums, and a ton of it). Next i buy darius, Nerfed. Now i buy Zyra, nerfed cause of QQ on forums. Either i'm extremely good at picking if the champ is going to be OP or not, or i'm extremely unlucky. The only champion i bought on release day that wasn't OP was Varus, but people sure made it seem like he was going to be OP.
So your saying graves,fizz,ahri and talon didnt need those nerfs.
If thats honestly what your saying you have no idea about balance.

WhySoCry

08-03-2012

As an avid zyra player in the 1800s. I think it's how her kits has little counterplay and has so much versatility to respond to anything. It doesn't help that her casting animation are pretty low and close to non existant(that ultimate ala amumu).

As for the damage, she has excellent base damage but I think her scaling falls off.

Delayed damage on the ult just like the knockback would do wonders. Also, her snare is sort of Morgana but aoe and going through creeps.. seems a bit too good as well.

ShoopuS

08-03-2012

She has a 60% winrate average now. Combine that with the fact that she's somewhat hard to master..

I don't even want to know about her statistics when people actually master her.

Zero Suit Senpai

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarolar View Post
I feel like i shouldn't even buy newly released champions anymore. I buy talon on release, Nerfed. I buy Fizz on release, Nerfed. I buy Ahri on release, Nerfed, I buy Graves on release, Nerfed (after QQ on forums, and a ton of it). Next i buy darius, Nerfed. Now i buy Zyra, nerfed cause of QQ on forums. Either i'm extremely good at picking if the champ is going to be OP or not, or i'm extremely unlucky. The only champion i bought on release day that wasn't OP was Varus, but people sure made it seem like he was going to be OP.
Fizz: Still decent.
Ahri: Still a top tier mage.
Graves: Still a top tier AD carry.
Darius: Was never viable in high-level play in the first place. Still a huge pubstomper.
Zyra: To be determined.

What are you complaining about, again?

Lynch

08-03-2012

I saw plenty of "Zyra is way OP" in the PBE even before they gave her 20% CDR on W. They were just drowned out by the people who couldn't play her saying she was weak. Zyra's scenario mirrors Orianna's in that lower skilled players will confuse their own inability to play her as a sign that she is weak.

TigStripe

08-03-2012

Hey, Morello, since you're here...

What WERE you referring to when you said Zyra would bring something the MOBA genre hasn't seen yet?

I'm really curious, especially since every suggestion I've seen has been shot down.

Elewd

08-03-2012

Im more curious about what makes her over the top, is the passive cooldown reduction too much? is her damage output just way too high?
it was pretty obvious she was gonna be strong just because of a true damage passive