Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lurnaezel

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedricChampion View Post
trust me, they toned her down in pbe. Lowered ratio of e and reduced damage from additional plants by 25%. seems like it wasnt enough though
She was actually stronger in the pbe!?

Pharaøh

08-03-2012

Hey, Since Morello is in this thread, what do you think about these zyra changes:

Change her ult to cast half the damage upfront and half of the damage afterwards.

AND

Change her plants to deal reduced damage early OR reduced single target damage (if two or more attack the same person)

I've played her pretty much solely since release, and I think this would make her balanced, since she has lots of cc and her burst is (just a little) too strong in lane due to her plants and her frontloaded ultimate, I think that these changes would tone her down. I feel like her lategame damage is balanced, but her early dueling is just too strong. Anyway, I hope these nerfs aren't too harsh because she is a great champ!

DaedricChampion

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurnaezel View Post
She was actually stronger in the pbe!?
yeah, but before that point she didnt get passive cdr, which doesnt seem to be the reason why people say shes op.

Valoran Hesufo

08-03-2012

I would like to know why her plants' damage scale with her Level. It doesn't make sense. There is already little incentive to get more than 1 point in her W skill, making it a one-point wonder.

I think this is the main problem with Zyra. At level 3 she already has three damaging spells AND a root. And don't get me started on when she gets her ult...

Her plants' damage NEED to scale with the rank of her W. This way, the player will have to make a choice - Q is already her bread-and-butter skill, but if this change is made then one will consider either maxing W (for the added utility of CDR and plant damage) or E (for the higher damage and longer snare duration).

IS1494f3069beb3f0cd3794

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aexalven View Post
"League of Bad Players".

If Heimer would be more played he would be considered OP too. If you cant move around the battlefield to counter her then die. You have tons of time to escape from her ulti and you DO NOT have to stand in her plants. Shocking.
Youre retarded. You realise youre calling Scarra, Reginald, Ocelote etc. bad?

Sergar

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Zyra is really, really, really strong.
Hey Morello, independent of her power as an AP mid, I have a question:

What would you think about giving Zyra some bonus AD ratios on her plants? I could see her as a very fun AD carry if only she had any scaling for that role whatsoever.

S0T0

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We've nerfed almost every champ, most of them multiple times. Somehow, people still use champions in League of Legends!
Heimerdinger pls

We both know you should totally give him 4 turrets until you remake him into viable picks once again.

Kyrie EIeison

08-03-2012

Morello? What part of Zyra are you planning on touching? (I didnt mean it that way.)

Her Range?

Her Damage?

Her Seeds?

EpicDivinity

08-03-2012

All that needs changing is plant damage (I am thinking lower bases, but higher scaling to compensate) and some tweaks on her ult (notably radius and damage). Perhaps even changing it to do 70% of what it does now initially, then 50% on knockup or something like that, so it takes a little more skill and gives you more of a feel good feeling.

Kyrie EIeison

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharah View Post
Hey, Since Morello is in this thread, what do you think about this zyra changes:

Change her ult to cast half the damage upfront and half of the damage afterwards.

AND

Change her plants to deal reduced damage early OR reduced single target damage (if two or more attack the same person)

I've played her only (almost) since release, and I think this would make her balanced, since she has lots of cc, her burst is too strong in lane and this would tone it down. I feel like her lategame damage is balanced, but her early dueling is just too strong. Anyway, I hope these nerfs aren't too harsh because she is a great champ!
It already does reduced damage to single targets from multiple plants.