Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zyra bans...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z32

08-03-2012

Quote:
Morello:
We heard some of that too - pros are really proving otherwise.

Geeves and co are gonna come talk details pretty soon. I'm convinced she's too stronk.

If you're up for suggestions I'd like to see the damage of her ultimate split between the 2 hits. Rather than dealing all of its damage upon activation, it should deal some on activation, and the rest alongside the knockup. Reward Zyra players for comboing her snare and slow plants to keep somebody locked down long enough for that second ult proc, rather than just having them flop it down whenever they feel like it.

Lurnaezel

08-03-2012

Morello, Zyra is pretty much your champion, why the heck was she made so powerful? Why hasn't there been any attempt at toning her down, yet, after their remakes, Eve was buffed a bit and Xin was nerfed a bit as well, in the same patch, while Zyra was untouched?

StalkinU2

08-03-2012

Zyra is not OP, infact, I'd still buff her!!

Id make one ability scale more and I'd make her ult knock up faster.
But not to forget them plants, I'd make those last longer to!

Seriously, what's the problem.
Her scaling is low, her plants die fast, her health is low, all her skills are skill shots.
But okay, yes she is overpowered when you do not dodge any attack she makes.
O wait in that case every champ is overpowered.

Hmmm if zyra is OP...
Should we nerf annie?
Higher base damage better scaling, oooo and way more cc.
Almost forgot that shield and tibbers.

Ok I know, everything that has anything that even resembles a pet has to be removed from the game.
Why?

I don't know ask yourself and use the same logic you apply why whining about zyra

DaedricChampion

08-03-2012

Quote:
Lurnaezel:
Morello, Zyra is pretty much your champion, why the heck was she made so powerful? Why hasn't there been any attempt at toning her down, yet Eve was buffed a bit and Xin was nerfed a bit as well, in the same patch, while Zyra was untouched?

trust me, they toned her down in pbe. Lowered ratio of e and reduced damage from additional plants by 25%. seems like it wasnt enough though

Finaltidus

08-03-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Zyra is really, really, really strong.

plz nerf

DreamLeviathan

08-03-2012

Quote:
Lurnaezel:
Morello, Zyra is pretty much your champion, why the heck was she made so powerful? Why hasn't there been any attempt at toning her down, yet Eve was buffed a bit and Xin was nerfed a bit as well, in the same patch, while Zyra was untouched?

Because she was initially adjusted based on PBE feedback which seems to have perhaps been off. Evelynn and Xin both actually made it to live before Zyra did, since the balance changes went out before the actual champion release, and there was more time to collect data and feedback on them before it was time to release the next patch of balance adjustments.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012

Quote:
PPPPPPPPPPPP270:
So Morello's ultimate creation has to be beaten by the nerfbat?

Nothing is safe, least of all things I like.

Lunar Lightning

08-03-2012

zyras gonna be useless just like every champ that gets nerfed. how long before shes the next rammus, i heard that hes lonely now that eve got buffed

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012

Quote:
DreamLeviathan:
Because she was initially adjusted based on PBE feedback which seems to have perhaps been off. Evelynn and Xin both actually made it to live before Zyra did, since the balance changes went out before the actual champion release, and there was more time to collect data and feedback on them before it was time to release the next patch of balance adjustments.

^

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012

Quote:
RACERDUDE1320xx:
zyras gonna be useless just like every champ that gets nerfed. how long before shes the next rammus, i heard that hes lonely now that eve got buffed

We've nerfed almost every champ, most of them multiple times. Somehow, people still use champions in League of Legends!