Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zyra bans...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meru448

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Quote:
Surmick:
Urgot would like to have a word with you...

and twitch

Aemys

08-03-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:
Then why would you even think of leveling W if not for the CDR

Honestly, her W is merely a catalyst for her combo. She shouldn't need an incentive to level it before Q or E.

Krimson62

08-03-2012

Quote:
Aemys:
Honestly, her W is merely a catalyst for her combo. She shouldn't need an incentive to level it before Q or E.

as a caster you should have incentive to level each of your spells. also support zyra levels it before her Q
If not for the CDR leveling her W literally does nothing

TYoung11

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Love the fact she is a utility champ, we need more like her.

seresibyl

08-03-2012

Quote:
Loup Noir:
1.) Her E (the snare) is actually shorter range than Morgana's AND Lux's snares. So I see no problem with range. Especially when you add in the fact that the duration of Zyra's is much shorter.

2.) What other Ults are you comparing it to?? Because Ziggs also has a very similar Ult that does WAY more base damage and is similar in size... hmmm,

3.)Comparing her to Lux again: Her autoattack has the exact same base damage and less scaling per level. :/

Lastly, I think she is an extremely fun champion to play and I guarantee many people agree with me. This just sounds like a poorly formed rant.... Zyra is unique and fun, admittedly a little overpowered, but not for the reasons you have listed.

Graphically, I am talking about E.

Ziggs is an exception to other ults. His is larger and global but not instant. Neither is gangplanks. Compare it to Tibbers, for example.

Her auto attack animation is better than Lux's.

Quote:
Ok, I'm not trying to be rude, but do you honestly feel like tweeking everything you just mentioned is going to balance her? "Oh we can nerf her e's range, her plants' damage, her ultimate's damage/range and her ability to last hit," you honestly think that nerfing each of those components wouldn't cause her to drop out of viability?

I understand that laning against new champs can be incredibly aggravating, but destroying every aspect of their kit isn't a reasonable fix to anything. In fact, asking for certain elements like Zyra's plant mechanics to be nerfed, or claiming that they're annoying or make her "not fun to play..." just discourages the devs from venturing into the creation of more mechanics. That means we'd lose out on new styles of play such as Zyra, Draven, Jayce etc, and have to deal with things like Mundo's Burning Agony, Shyvana's Burnout, and Sejuani's Northern Winds on more and more champions.

Also, please don't speak for everyone as far as how fun a champ can be, personally I find the management of her plants much more fulfilling than when I play mid as Morg and spam tormented soil for twenty minutes to farm.

I have no problem with the creation of new mechanics. Her mechanics are not interesting mechanics though. Sorry. They're not. It's not that I don't like laning against her. That's whatever. It's that trading with her is not a fun experience to play as.

I was giving a list of things that I dislike about her as a champion. I was not suggesting that they all be nerfed simultaneously -- just what about each is not game-friendly.

Loup Noir

08-03-2012

Quote:
seresibyl:
Graphically, I am talking about E.

Ziggs is an exception to other ults. His is larger and global but not instant. Neither is gangplanks. Compare it to Tibbers, for example.

Tibbers does a base damage of 450 + 0.7 per AP. THAT is just the cast. Zyra's Ult upon casting does only 400 + 0.7 per AP. Add in the fact that Tibbers sticks around and attacks you plus does continual Magic Damage of 35 + 0.2 per AP.... What about Tibbers seemed like less damage to you??? (Also note that a good Annie will also apply a stun upon cast)

bérnkastel

08-03-2012

Quote:
Morello:
I don't know why that's surprising! I've never said otherwise

I think most people are shocked you said this because there's a lot of zyra lovers that were just saying she's strong but not op. And to claim she was op would be a death sentence on forums.

And now the pros all use her and you come out and say she needs a nerf :P

Sengara

08-03-2012

My only issues are that I feel Zyra is strong while you let her be. Shes pretty easy to explode without the threat of burst damage. I would hope that a nerf to her damage would come with a buff to her sustained damage. Right now I feel like shes VERY strong while allowed to poke at you, but if 2 champions want you dead, your probably going to die without much say or counter-play. I think this is a fine line with casters.

Global and personal escapes are better on squishies then a single target escape like hers (except where you have multiple like Morgana, Janna, Orriana and so on).

I guess I'm just worried a little about the whole "Shes fun because shes overpowered" aspect of this argument. Without her ability to burst kill at range, I feel she will struggle with bruisers and tanks that can just stand there and kill her while AOEing her plants down.

Brisktea

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Quote:
Glarolar:
I feel like i shouldn't even buy newly released champions anymore. I buy talon on release, Nerfed. I buy Fizz on release, Nerfed. I buy Ahri on release, Nerfed, I buy Graves on release, Nerfed (after QQ on forums, and a ton of it). Next i buy darius, Nerfed. Now i buy Zyra, nerfed cause of QQ on forums. Either i'm extremely good at picking if the champ is going to be OP or not, or i'm extremely unlucky. The only champion i bought on release day that wasn't OP was Varus, but people sure made it seem like he was going to be OP.

... you. you just need to get better at this game.

Aemys

08-03-2012

Quote:
Sengara:
I feel she will struggle with bruisers and tanks that can just stand there and kill her while AOEing her plants down.

Got that right. Anyone with gap closers/sticking ability just poops all over her in a teamfight. Diana will have her fun with Zyra players. Maokai also roflstomps on her plants.