Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahrimal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

If you're a terrible, inexperienced League player... facing Zyra (especially mid)... you will cry OP. If you're an experienced league player, using a champion you're decent/good with... you will do just fine. Most of the complaints about Zyra's power level come from the lower rungs of the ladder. However, one thing Zyra can do TOO well (i.e. OP)... is the sheer amount of burst she can output on a huge area during a team fight. I don't think a game goes by that I, or another solid Zyra player, don't get at least 1 triple kill. This capability vaults her deep into the AP Carry role. Tone down the total damage potential for that AoE burst, and she'll be just fine.

My suggestion would be: Tone down her ult's AP ratio to .6 or even .5, and see if that brings her into balance, as compared to other AoE AP Carries.

XElement

08-03-2012

Morello keeps quoting the dumb replies...
Hmm...please don't quote me... >.>

Teemo Support GG

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Is still a niche counter-pick toplane.

I know "calling out one example from Morello" makes you look like the cool kid, but it's probably better if we just have reasonable discussions :P
I have a solution to this whole zyra OP situation.

You buff Leona so that she can jungle viably.
No more Zyra QQ's.
Quote:
If you're a terrible, inexperienced League player... facing Zyra (especially mid)... you will cry OP. If you're an experienced league player, using a champion you're decent/good with... you will do just fine. Most of the complaints about Zyra's power level come from the lower rungs of the ladder. However, one thing Zyra can do TOO well (i.e. OP)... is the sheer amount of burst she can output on a huge area during a team fight. I don't think a game goes by that I, or another solid Zyra player, don't get at least 1 triple kill. This capability vaults her deep into the AP Carry role. Tone down the total damage potential for that AoE burst, and she'll be just fine.

My suggestion would be: Tone down her ult's AP ratio to .6 or even .5, and see if that brings her into balance, as compared to other AoE AP Carries.
Terrible players tend to be matched with terrible players, of which do very poorly with a champion who rewards great placing of abilities=/

KultoDeSkaro

08-03-2012

Quote:
Is still a niche counter-pick toplane.

I know "calling out one example from Morello" makes you look like the cool kid, but it's probably better if we just have reasonable discussions :P
Rammus
Talon
Trundle
Sejuani
Master Yi
Tryndamere
Poppy
LeBlanc
Garen

That's a lot more than one dude

Donyrage

08-03-2012

like we haven't seen champions be nearly useless after their nerfs?
Why would you even play ahri...she feels so weak.
OH WAIT, its because everything else is nerfed too.

Coppermouth

08-03-2012

Zyra will still be VERY playable after her nerf.

Don't worry my babies.

Aemys

08-03-2012

I wrote a longer post on the page before, but I think I can sum it up easier here:

1. Her AP ratios/base damages are fine in comparison to other like-abilities (as many have pointed out). Her passive may be a bit strong though.

2. Her inherent 20% CDR is what makes her broken. With blue buff and W at rank 5 she gets full CDR and the ability to spam her abilities as if she's a Cassiopeia. Imagine Anivia with that kind of spammability. It's a no-no.

3. She's a combo-burst mage, not a sustained DPS mage.

Take away the CDR, Morello. Without it, Zyra players have to make a choice, because right now it's a no-brainer to just build full damage and wait 'til level 18 for the CDR. Either you can:

-Build CDR, therefore sacrificing some damage but maximizing utility/spammability
-Build full damage, therefore having to manage higher cooldowns and the use of your abilities wisely in teamfights

DevilOfSadness

08-03-2012

Morello, so many noobs.. will matchmaking ever find true balance?

SpidermanHecarim

08-03-2012

Quote:
Our goal with nerfs is to nerf power while retaining fun. This has been of growing importance this year, which is why I think a lot of our recent nerfs have kept characters more fun afterwards.
Urgot would like to have a word with you...

Krimson62

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemys View Post
I wrote a longer post on the page before, but I think I can sum it up easier here:

1. Her AP ratios/base damages are fine in comparison to other like-abilities (as many have pointed out). Her passive may be a bit strong though.

2. Her inherent 20% CDR is what makes her broken. With blue buff and W at rank 5 she gets full CDR and the ability to spam her abilities as if she's a Cassiopeia. Imagine Anivia with that kind of spammability. It's a no-no.

3. She's a combo-burst mage, not a sustained DPS mage.

Take away the CDR, Morello. Without it, Zyra players have to make a choice, because right now it's a no-brainer to just build full damage and wait 'til level 18 for the CDR. Either you can:

-Build CDR, therefore sacrificing some damage but maximizing utility/spammability
-Build full damage, therefore having to manage higher cooldowns and the use of your abilities wisely in teamfights

Then why would you even think of leveling W if not for the CDR