Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Master Shaco

08-03-2012

Morello, I don't think that Zyra's OP damage wise, However I think that the Plants AI and the stun that's there after the knockup on her ult is. I think her numbers are fine, but those things were too good.

Mugenman88

08-03-2012

Morello, are you going to split Zyra's ultimate damage in half like everyone is asking for?

Eladeus

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
All those characters are still very viable. What's the problem?
Teemo.

Darjir

08-03-2012

Granted I'm not an expert... but why is Zyra considered overly strong but champs like Karthas are considered balanced?

Taria05

08-03-2012

honestly I haven't felt zyra as being that over powered. Even when you unleash her full combo (snare, into whip plant, into q, into thorn spitter) it'll still only take out half of the targets health at most, whereas most heavily combo champions like lb will mean your death if you get caught in the whole thing. Honestly her E isn't that hard to dodge, especially at long ranges; I have played as Zyra and against her. Sure I will get caught by it eventually, but by then she's weakened by my own poke, and when she goes in for kills I have more often killed her than be killed by her.

As long as the reward for succesfully unleashing her combo still remains something signifigant, I'll still enjoy her. It's just a shame that champions who require more skill to play and to play against get so much more controversy than champions who can just repeatedly do a much simpler move over and over again to acheive the same results. I love Ahri to death, but **** is she easy to play. Throw q and hit as many things as possible and you're generally in a good spot with her. Waste too much mana on Zyra's E and you'll be mana hungry and vunerable to counteraction.

timtwins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Since you are here, hiemerdinger? I heard there were big changes coming soon (tm)

Asdioh

08-03-2012

Wow, he outright said he was OP. Does this mean less downvotes for "Zyra seems too strong" threads, and less of the threads themselves?? Stay tuned.

TheHatPerson

08-03-2012

dont upvote morello for saying zyra is op, hes tricking you, he designed her, accepted to release her at her current state of OPness

BigBenClockTower

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darjir View Post
Granted I'm not an expert... but why is Zyra considered overly strong but champs like Karthas are considered balanced?
Karthus' sole damage comes from his R, once every 160 seconds, and his Q, which is extremely easy to avoid. His W is a deteriorating debuff that Karthus can rarely take advantage of unless his team is near, or his opponent is stupid, and his E requires him to be in Auto-Attack range, which for him, is absolutely horrid.

Sure, he has excellent damage output, but he's held back by many things.

Zyra can output Karthus level damage with shorter cooldowns, greater range, and better CC. So yeah.

Kawano

08-03-2012

gap closers , fiora , xin zhao , tryndamere , these are things that defeat her well