Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zyra bans...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kirafa

08-03-2012

Veigar screws her up.
Boots screw her up even more.

NJewk

08-03-2012

Zyra has amazing base damage, it's way too high. She's like Leblanc tier burst but AoE and sustain damage on top of that. Her early game damage is insane whether or not you go Q or E first.

Places of interest to change the damage is to move damage from E to Q and ult, because the E is simply too good.

Equinoxian

08-03-2012

I almost always play Zyra now. I play ap/mid champs, and I love her abilities. If she was really OP, she would dominate every game, but that's not the case. I've shut other Zyra's down with Ahri, Akali, and Lux. Shes not hard to counter, but a difficult champ to master. If she gets nerfed to the ground, its going to suck.

Apollinarius

08-03-2012

I have to say I disagree that she's too strong. I've only faced 3 Zyras until now. One of them I beat handily in mid as Brand (before his most recent buff), one was on a team that stomped us (not because of her, but the fed Riven) and one did ok in lane but proved to be useless late game.

Maybe she has a really high skill cap, but I really don't see where the OP-ness is. If you know to dodge her Q and E, all you have to worry about is her seed damage and her R. Her R will hurt but you can dodge the knockup fairly easily. Her burst is nonexistent and her sustained damage requires you to play really poorly to suffer from it. One strong AOE melts the plants, and once you kill her two plants, she is out of the fight.

Oh yes, and her plants give gold. Tasty, tasty gold. She's like Heimer - the more she tries to beat you the more she feeds you. Imagine how much easier Yorick would be to beat in lane if each of his ghouls was worth 10g.

Pharaøh

08-03-2012

Was brainstorming possible changes again (because zyra is an awesome champion <3) and why not make her w damage level with her w rank? It seems like a fair change, that way her burst is lowered early and her late game stays the same!

Apollinarius

08-03-2012

Quote:
kirafa:
Veigar screws her up.
Boots screw her up even more.

^ This. The little known boots start hard counters her. She's even easier to beat in lane than Cass because Cass has a speed buff/debuff on her spells and her mana costs are so low. Zyra's costs are silly for such hard to hit skillshots.

n00boxular

08-03-2012

Quote:
Aesirs Edge:
You make interesting points, But my point still stands, akali once level 6 can 1v1 almost anyone.. with no risk as she can kill usually in 2 ults and use an ult to escape.

Ahh yes, but Akali needs to snowball early game to do well.

Chill77

08-03-2012

Quote:
Senario:
The top players in the game disagree with you that Zyra is weaker than said picks.

What I've heard pros say: "There's no reason to play Orianna". "She's really, really strong". I have still not heard pros state "Zyra is the strongest mage in the game right now, and needs nerfs to put her back among the other top APs".

Chillihot

08-03-2012

guess we will have trust Riot on her incoming nerfs. Not overly nerf her i hope

Scontro

08-03-2012

The damage in her plants is what makes people rage!