Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

9hours

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Our goal with nerfs is to nerf power while retaining fun. This has been of growing importance this year, which is why I think a lot of our recent nerfs have kept characters more fun afterwards.
Then I highly suggest you nerf Zyra's damage, and not her range. You guys ****ed up bad on Urgot because all his ranges got hit.

Wage

08-03-2012

Frankly Morello I appreciate the work you guys put into this game. A lot of people give you guys **** but there is a lot you have to deal with, And as much as I love Zyra she is too strong and a nerf will be good for her. So thank you. (Going to be hated by every one for being a fanboy.)

Chill77

08-03-2012

So if Zyra's getting nerfed, does that mean Karthus, Ahri, Morgana, Ryze, Anivia, Kennen and Cassiopia are getting nerfed too? Doesn't make sense to nerf one character who's among but not past the top APs.

Banana Justice

08-03-2012

Zyra early game too strong. The burst. Said Fizz.

Senario

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill77 View Post
So if Zyra's getting nerfed, does that mean Karthus, Ahri, Morgana, Ryze, Anivia, Kennen and Cassiopia are getting nerfed too? Doesn't make sense to nerf one character who's among but not past the top APs.
The top players in the game disagree with you that Zyra is weaker than said picks.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Morello, if you read this, I feel it is Zyra's Grasping Roots is the problem.

Being a linear-outward-shooting AoE snare, Zyra is near impossible to gank in lane. Any attempt to approach her is blocked by that E.

On top of that, her E hits about as hard as her Q ability.
On top of being an AoE disable, this damage makes it feel ridiculously powerful. I've seen Zyras max E first, and use it to farm minion waves!

In short, I feel Zyra should be encouraged to use Grasping Roots only as a disable and not be a major source of damage.

Grasping Root's base damage should be reduced significantly to weaken her early game safety.

If necessary, increase her Q's AP ratio to compensate.

Valkaire

08-03-2012

A lot of the players on PBE are new players that didn't want to level to 30, people that wanted the free IP/RP so they don't have to grind for anything and people with between low and average ELO.... I honestly don't think general feedback should be taken with too much weight there =x

Lolwutscott

08-03-2012

Quote:
All those characters are still very viable. What's the problem?
When was the last time Talon was used in a tournament match and won?

Clockworksummonr

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolwutscott View Post
When was the last time Trundle was used in a tournament match and won?
Fixed

Majin Bl3u

08-03-2012

Quote:
Because design-by-committee is a horrendous way to make a game.
I wish everyone understood this idea. Everybody wants to change the game to the way they like it. I personally prefer games crafted by the creators, designers, and artists who actually make the game. I've said it before: You wouldn't tell Leondardo da Vinci how to paint the mona lisa.

Of course community feedback, input, suggestions, etc are all great! But this community has too demanding of a voice.