Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spoing

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Our goal with nerfs is to nerf power while retaining fun. This has been of growing importance this year, which is why I think a lot of our nerfs have kept characters more fun afterwards.
Why focus on an emotional response when you can just try to make an interesting game and make fun flow forth from that.

Stoober

08-03-2012

I can definitely see that she's too strong. I recently had a game where we almost won a 4v5 with a Zyra on our team. She wasn't fed. We just simply told her to start roaming from her lane since our jungle mumu had to stay up top to cover for our afk Fiora. We stayed even during laning and she had such a huge presence in teamfights. Our AOE comp definitely helped our cause, but we ended up throwing due to trying to grab Baron.

She's strong and has a ton of utility. Bringing down her strength won't take away from the latter.

I hope to see the damage timing on her ult changed though. That aspect seems kind of wonky. It makes total sense with her tootltip, but there isn't much room for counterplay.

Aesirs Edge

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phara°h View Post
I mean MORE reduced single target... Once she hit level 6, even level 4, she can 100 - 0 you easily due to her plant damage. Her plants early game on a single target are too strong. Late game, they are fine.

(on a side note, when people complain about her ult damage, the massive chunk you take in your HP bar includes at least four plant autos)
Fizz. can 100% to 0 with R Q W combo

Morgana lvl 6 - R - Q - W - Ignite

sorry... alot of champions can do this, its about playing smart to avoid it.

tohki

08-03-2012

morello, this is offtopic but... is there a full picture of where zileas' annie icon is from? if there is, can I get it? didn't get a reply from zileas himself =(

Warkeiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

I feel the issue with Zyra is the very short delay on her Deadly Bloom and the ability to instantly place 2 seeds at once. I think a 1-second cooldown on Rampant Growth would keep her playstyle while balancing her.

Also, 20% CDR on Rampant Growth is a bit excessive. Even Ryze only gets 10% off his Q. I feel like 12-15% would be much more reasonable.

Then again I'm not pro, but this is just my 2 cents.

P.S If you look at this Morello, then I have your attention. Where is Rocketeer Tristana? Is she being given the Pulsefire treatment? Is she being reworked as a skin for The Resistance, to fight against the Battlecast skins? I want info, man!

SuperPengo

08-03-2012

What if your favorite color AND
favorite snack

@Morello

Skwid1g

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warkeiser View Post
I feel the issue with Zyra is the very short delay on her Deadly Bloom and the ability to instantly place 2 seeds at once. I think a 1-second cooldown on Rampant Growth would keep her playstyle while balancing her.

Also, 20% CDR on Rampant Growth is a bit excessive. Even Ryze only gets 10% off his Q. I feel like 12-15% would be much more reasonable.
That would make her feel clunky as hell though.

Having R do 50% damage at the start and 50% at the end with some other minor nerfs would be a better course to take imo.

Eaglewolf

08-03-2012

Quote:
We've nerfed almost every champ, most of them multiple times. Somehow, people still use champions in League of Legends!
The only thing I want is like what are you trying to achieve on champions? What is a good base you want champions at. It just seem like the game changes are all over the place.

Amythist

08-03-2012

Quote:
We've nerfed almost every champ, most of them multiple times. Somehow, people still use champions in League of Legends!
don't forget that the champ that has never been nerfed or buffed (trundle) is also rarely played

Warkeiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwid1g View Post
That would make her feel clunky as hell though.
It's better than smartcast W twice, burn all spells, instantly win.