Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zyra bans...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asazen

08-03-2012

Your not going to nerf her gameplay style right?? Like the 30% slow on her seeds that turn into plants after it is hit by her e?? Im pretty sure people just hate the amount of damage her plants do overall. I hope you dont nerf that utility she has, its a nice way to avoid ganks and other problems.

Aesirs Edge

08-03-2012

@morello

I haven't come across a zyra that has played well, or gone positive in terms of KDA, as we usually have a good mid laner and when i top malphite its easy to kill her with an organised strike, we can shut out zyra in about the first 20 minutes of the game nearly every game, maybe getting 5/6 kills on her as she doesn't have that much of an escape if you can dodge her root..

Not certain she is OP, yet to come across a zyra that isn't fed, doing ridiculous damage

just my two cents.

buttermilkpcakes

08-03-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Nothing is safe, least of all things I like.

As someone who mains Anivia, this terrifies me. Don't let them touch her, Morello

Pharaøh

08-03-2012

Quote:
SeasonalDistress:
It already does reduced damage to single targets from multiple plants.

I mean MORE reduced single target... Once she hit level 6, even level 4, she can 100 - 0 you easily due to her plant damage. Her plants early game on a single target are too strong. Late game, they are fine.

(on a side note, when people complain about her ult damage, the massive chunk you take in your HP bar includes at least four plant autos)

WhySoCry

08-03-2012

Quote:
Steelra:
Why don't we have the community VOTE (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27609836#post27609836) on champions to nerf?

Because darius for exemple, is considered op by everyone under a certain rating while among equally highly skilled players who play the champions to their very best strenght, consider him trash-tier.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012

Quote:
Asazen:
Your not going to nerf her gameplay style right?? Like the 30% slow on her seeds that turn into plants after it is hit by her e?? Im pretty sure people just hate the amount of damage her plants do overall. I hope you dont nerf that utility she has, its a nice way to avoid ganks and other problems.

Our goal with nerfs is to nerf power while retaining fun. This has been of growing importance this year, which is why I think a lot of our recent nerfs have kept characters more fun afterwards.

Hidosai

08-03-2012

I'm really hoping Zyra doesn't turn out to be like Ahri and get constant nerfs patch after patch. Is Ahri still viable? Of course. However, seeing a champion you REALLY like receiving nerf after nerf is really discouraging.

Verbanderbog

08-03-2012

Also if you need proof that Zyra is OP you need look no further than this: http://www.lolking.net/champions/zyra#statistics

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012

Quote:
Steelra:
Why don't we have the community VOTE (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27609836#post27609836) on champions to nerf?

Because design-by-committee is a horrendous way to make a game.

AtlaStar

08-03-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Deployables that transform into unique minions depending on what spell you used to transform them.

I'm certain that's never been done in a MOBA.

Not gonna lie I was expecting a little more from her kit based on what you said, mainly more than 2 interactions overall...was hoping something along the lines of her seeds being her ult, the her q,w,e skills determining the plant type it turned into, and after her plants are up and about, her q,w,e then giving a short term buff based on the skill used but making it where her plants can only be under one ...well growth effect, at a time...so while you still somewhat hit what I thought you intended to do, I was hoping for an even higher skill ceiling and more interactions...but I understand that probably would have made for a balancing nightmare on your end lol