I think the Tribunal is pretty biased toward's the people who are reporting....

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 41
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RIP Curse Voice

08-03-2012

Edit: Sorry for the sloppy layout of this post =/

Edit 2: IF YOU LIKE/DISLIKE THIS POST PLEASE THUMBS UP/DOWN ACCORDINGLY!!!

It just occurred to me that people in the Tribunal have no way to defend themselves when they are reported.

In the Tribunal you get to read the reasons why each player decided to report someone. Things like "he spammed profanity in chat", "afk farmed bot lane all day", "never said a word all game". Things like this. And then you are presented with the chat log and game score of the person who's case you are reviewing.

The problem with this though is that the people who are reporting are able to voice their complaints about someone, but the person being reported gets no opportunity to explain his/her behaviour.

This is a pretty important issue for me, because I'm pretty sure I am 1 more ban away from being perma'd. Now, I know what you're thinking, "well if you're about to be perma'd, you probably deserve it." And if I was behaving now the same way I was in the past, I'd say you are right. I was, and still am a ****. But I am trying my absolute HARDEST to keep any negativity I have out of my gameplay. Because it not only ruins my games, but it ruins the game for 9 other people as well. Some of you who are taking the time to read this may know me and already have a negative opinion of me, but I hope that doesn't affect your opinion of the point I am trying to make here.

Now, if you care to read, here is an explanation of WHY I am making this post, due to a recent Normal game I just played.

---------------------------THE REASON WHY I AM MAKING THIS THREAD------------------------------

I just played a Normal blind pick. I instalock'd J4, someone else instalock'd Kennen, and we already had an AP Mid. I noticed we also had a Leona support, so I decided to play it out and just go bottom with her, since Leona+Jarvan is a pretty strong bot lane. However, when the game loaded both Kennen and Leona said they would be reporting me for "trolling", AKA picking j4 and not the usual ADC. Not only did they say they were reporting me, but they berated and insulted me as well. Did their words hurt? No. But it's pretty frustrating being in a game that just loaded and already had 2 people ready to report you for no reason other than their own unhappiness.

During our bot lane, both Leona and I ended up dieing. She decides to roam, leaving me 1v2 bot lane. I obviously can't do anything against that, so I decide to roam/jungle in order to keep myself in the game. Long story short, I didn't do well. Did I rage? Nope. Did I curse? Nah. Did I say ONE negative thing all game long? Again, the answer is no.

And yet by the end of the game, all 4 members of my team said they were reporting me, some on the enemy side too. And all I can do is stand by and pray that the people voting in the Tribunal actually take the time to read the cases carefully before passing judgement, because my next ban could be my last, and I don't want that to happen because people get upset over nothing in a normal game.

--------------------------------PERSONAL INFO OVER, ON WITH THE THREAD------------------------

Many of you (including those at RIOT) will read this and say, "well, if you did nothing wrong, then you will likely be pardoned and have nothing to worry about." I am sorry, but that doesn't do ANYTHING to ease my conscience, and I'd hope it doesn't ease anyone elses. How would you like it if people could levy accusations against you, and all you had to rely on to protect yourself was your good name and faith in the Tribunal system?

Some of you may be content knowing that as long as you did not intentionally troll or feed, then you have nothing to fear from the tribunal. Well for you that's fine, but for people like me who have been banned MANY times in the past and are trying their absolute hardest to reform their behaviour so that YOU THE COMMUNITY, can have better games.....to be honest, I DO lie awake at night sometimes, wondering if I'll be able to log onto my account in the morning or if it'll be permabanned.

I'm 2100 ELO, and I do not want to lose this account that I am working so hard to keep and maintain over a mob of players reporting me in a game for unfair reasons.

-----------------------------------------MY IDEA FOR THE TRIBUNAL--------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm getting at, but I'll say it anyway:

Is there ANY WAY some feature could be added to the Tribunal which allows players who believe they are being reported to fill out a form or something, explaining what happened in that game and why they believe they are being reported? Some people, myself included, simply don't say -ANYTHING- in games anymore. Why? Because you get reported for everything. People who rage will report you for saying GG for christ's sake. So what am I supposed to do, talk in chat so people who are reviewing the tribunal case can hear my side of the story? It just doesn't seem fair.

TL;DR - Let players who believe they are being reported argue their side of the story by filling out a form, similar to the Report form, at the end of the game. Thank you.

Dordo3

08-03-2012

I support this fully. It would be great if you were given some sort of notification at the end of the game (not showing who reported you) saying that you were reported for x reason. You should then have some sort of message box where you can reply and reason to the tribunal

RIP Curse Voice

08-03-2012

bump. KEEP HOPE ALIVE >.<

Lemurmoudy

08-03-2012

agreed. I was just in a game with a duo que on my team that was **** talking the other team mercilessly and pissed me off.

at the end of the game i go "and yeah ill report these kids", then in the lobby they go "REPORTING YOU FOR CALLING US KIDZ"...will people read that far in on the tribunal to sort out I didnt do anything? Nope.

WillJStar

08-03-2012

i read everything all the time, why do people always assume people dont read? do you not read? is that why?

RIP Curse Voice

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJStar View Post
i read everything all the time, why do people always assume people dont read? do you not read? is that why?
Sometimes people will decide to punish because, even though someone isn't saying anything in chat, they believe they are trolling while purposefully keeping silent in order to avoid punishment from the tribunal. That's why sometimes even reading the entire chat log doesn't provide enough detail.

IrrationalNoob

08-03-2012

I agree.

Although I would like to add that I almost always pardon people when their own team says I am reporting you within the first 2 minutes of the game.

Queen Greenwood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Honestly, although I approve 100% with what you say, It would be impossible to do it. Way too much work to put in soemthing that actually serves the purpsoe of doing nothing.

Whenever a dumb kid try to report me for whatever reason there is. aka carrying him. I defend myself in chat to show tribunal he is the one in fault and not me. If he says I "troll" them, I state my cs, my kill/death ratio compared to him and my implication in the game compared to him, or something like that. This way, tribunal has an idea of how stupid he is for reporting someone that doesnt deserves it.

GemiKinght

08-03-2012

This is a game, not a police force.
They already put a lot of work into the new tribunal card system due to our requests.

Nathillius

08-03-2012

this is a good idea. i try to be as silent as possible out of fear lol

1234511 ... 41