Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Using an OS X VM Report (tl;dr: doesn't work...yet)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zooey

Recruiter

09-10-2010

Not a bug, obviously, but just a quick note on the condition of the LoL Mac beta in a virtual machine running OS X Server - basically, the necessary hardware acceleration is wreaking havoc on getting it to run. The install of AIR and LoL itself went smoothly, but opening the app resulted in an error stating that hardware acceleration is disabled due to "safe mode or driver errors". The thing is, I know that Intel VT and Virtual Box 3.0+ support OpenGL, so now I'm busily tweaking settings to see if I can get LoL to RECOGNIZE that virtualized hardware acceleration is present.

I have no idea if this has any value to you, but I figure more knowledge about any given obscure setup can't hurt.

My rig:
OS X Server 10.6.4, virtualized in VirtualBox 3.2.6
i7-920 / ASUS P6T mobo
nVidia GTS 240
6GB RAM

Otherwise, I'm going to continue testing on my MacBook Pro - thanks a lot for giving us this opportunity to try out the Mac client!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udyr

Recruiter

09-11-2010

We don't support virtualized OSX although I'm interested to see what else you find!