Niat Lornhart - The Guiding Soul

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeaCrusader

08-03-2012

{Niat Lornhart} - {The Guiding Soul}

{Overview}

-Race: Human
-Origin: Ionia
-Alliance: Good
-Class: Jungle or Support
-Subclass: Hybrid build
-Weapon: Soul-charged fists
-Attack Type: Melee
-Energy Source: Mana

{Abilities} Core.

Quote:
Passive (Courage): Courage: Niat's HP regeneration is increased by 10% for 4 seconds when he is in combat, refreshing each time Niat or a nearby ally takes damage. Courage is increased by an additional 3% for each ally in 700 range.

Q (Vitality): Niat rushes forwards in a line for a spirit-charged punch, dealing physical damage to any target hit, and stunning them for 0.5 seconds. This ability can be cast again within this time to create a burst of soul energy which deals magic damage and knocks the target back a short distance.

-Type: Skillshot dash. Stops at first enemy champion hit.
-Amount: (first activation) 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 (+0.6 per AD)
(second activation) 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 (+0.5 per AP)
-Crowd Control: (first activation) 0.5 second Stun
(second activation) 400 distance knockback
-Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
-Cooldown: 8 seconds
-Target Type: Enemy champions

Attachment 502480

W (Fervour): Niat puts his trust in an allied champion for 4 seconds, granting them AD and Life Steal equivalent to Niat's Courage. If used again before Fervour expires, Niat can jump to the allied champion from up to 1000 range. The Life Steal bonus is halved if Niat casts Fervour on himself.

-Type: Targeted buff + jump.
-Buff Type: Flat AD and Life Steal.
-Buff Value: 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 AD and Lifesteal equal to Niat's passive.
-Duration: 4 seconds
-Range: 500
-Cost: 40
-Cooldown: 12 seconds
Target Type: Allied champions or self

E (Spirit): Niat tosses a ball of Soul Energy, dealing damage to anything it passes through. If triggered again, or if Spirit collides with terrain, the ball with explode, dealing magic damage. If the explosion occurs when an enemy champion is facing away from the blast, they will be knocked away from it.

-Type: Skillshot projectile. Explodes on walls or champions.
-Amount: 85 / 135 / 185 / 235 / 285 (+0.55 per AP)
-Crowd Control: 100 distance Knockback
-Range: 700. 250 diameter explosion.
-Cost: 80
-Cooldown: 14/12/11/10/9 seconds
Target type: Enemy champions or walls. Damages minions it passes through.

R (Last Straw): Niat lets out a burst of soul energy, knocking up all enemy champions and dealing magic damage. Similarly, all allied champions caught in the blast - including Niat himself - *will gain Fervour.

-Type: Point-blank Aoe
-Amount: 150/250/350 (+0.7 per AP)
-Buff: 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 AD and Lifesteal equal to Niat's passive.
-Crowd Control: 0.75 second knockup.
-Range: 425 diameter.
-Cost: 120
-Cooldown: 140/120/100 seconds
-Target Type: Champions

{Base Stats}

Quote:
I'm not great with numbers, and I'm of the mind that they are often things that require playtesting to get right so I'm mostly stealing stats from other champs here.

-Base Health: 480 (+85/level)
-Base Mana: 225 (+40/level)
-Base Attack Damage: 52 (+3.4/level)
-Base Attack Speed: 0.65 (+2.7%/level)
-Attack Range: 125
-Base Armor: 15 (+3.5/level)
-Magic Resistance: 30
-Movement Speed: 315
{Appearance}

Attachment 502477

Attachment 502478

Attachment 502479

(Secondary Skins)

{Lore}

Quote:
The Noxian Invasion of Ionia still has repercussions to this very day. Varus stalks the Fields of Justice, praying to find himself against a representative of those who stole everything for him. Jericho Swain still finds himself having to silence naysayers (permanently, some say) about his all too convenient absence from the final conflict which won intervention from the League of Legends in Ionia's favour. Yet, not all stories told are unfortunate tales of loss and despair. Sometimes there are tales of hope to lift people's spirits. A tale a young man returning home with a gem for his loved one, only to find the forces of desolation approaching; of that same young man, standing defiantly at the gates, still clutching that very gem - and of the man vanishing in the chaos, only for the same gift he entrusted his soul into, to find itself on his lover's doorstep the next morning.

Niat Lornheart was a prominent candidate for Summoner before his disappearance, but stories continued to be told of him. Presumed dead, yet no body ever found. His love continued her search, refusing to believe that he could be gone. After all, he had delivered her birthday present, as he had promised her - that very gem seeming to entrust her with the promise that one day, he would return. The more she looked, the more stories she would hear - of a young man clutching a lantern, appearing when things seemed their most grim. To guide those lost within the Howling Marsh to safety. To emerge from the sandstorms of the Shurima Desert and quench the thirsts of those parched. Each time, vanishing as quickly as he arrived. The stories told of Niat Lornheart, the boy who could sense a troubled spirit and appear to offer a glimpse of hope and sanctuary.

They were not stories.

The appearance of a cheerful young former Summoner appearing at the Institute of War may have been a source of great relief and joy to one Ionian girl - but others suspect it is an omen of a great calamity yet to come, that one Guiding Soul cannot overcome alone.

"A body can be trained. A mind can be sharpened. Yet the spirit remains unfathomable."
- Old Ionian Proverb.

{Dialogue}

Quote:
-Champion Selection: "Has someone lost their way?"
-Movement Quotes: "Ah, to be the guided"
-Attacking Quotes:
-Q Use
-W Use
-E Use
-R Use:
-Taunts:
-Jokes:
-Recall:
-Special:

{Particle Effects}
Quote:
Like.. soul.. effects? I'm not sure.. suggestions?

{Gameplay}
Quote:
So he;s designed to be a jungler first and foremost, but as I made him he also started turning out to be a great support. Both these roles fit with his lore (he's a traveller so jungler makes sense, and he's very much about guiding and helping people so so does support).
He'd probably be a pretty good toplane, but most of his abilities (at least the passive ones) are really based around fighting with an ally.
His ult is obviously a teamfight based one, the idea being it can turn the tides pretty quickly.
So yeah that's Niat.

By all means check out my second champion: Vermillion - The Supersonic Prodigy
Or my contribution to the BotC contest: Cinder - The Rising Flame
Or Blaise - The Zealous Exterminator

Or a skin idea I had: Wyvern Anivia

If you're interested there's some extra concepts and some work in progress' of him on my blog, as well as some doodles and sketches of other champions I've got in mind.
www.TeaCrusading.blogspot.com

Ghast Buff

08-04-2012

I am most certainly unbiased in my support for this.

Myrnodyn

08-07-2012

Hey, this is pretty cool. Deserves a necro in my opinion.

C'mon guys! that's some pretty cool art and a nice concept for a support, maybe even a jungler.

+1 from me.

Ziggurat223

08-07-2012

Pretty cool work!

TeaCrusader

08-08-2012

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate any attempts to make this thread not die =D

Niat has now been added to the huge list Wulffe made of the fan-made champs, which is a boss project.

And cos I want this to be more than just a bump here's what I think Niat's dance might have to be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEDGf56lKo

If you cant/didn't want to click on the link it\s a dance to 'Soul Man' by the Blues Brothers.

TeaCrusader

08-29-2012

I don't like Double-posting but I've got a new (and I think better champ concept up.

Vermillion - The Supersonic Prodigy

Block

08-29-2012

Well, he certainly has a lot of damage potential =o

He seems overcomplicated, I think he's trying to do too much. Sharpen up the text and his moves a bit, and I think he'll be pretty darn sweet.

Keep up the good work! If you have a chance, please check out my concept and give any advice or comment you might have. Thanks =)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2521948

kanacho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

I want to slap you. I'm Jealous.

This is by far some of the best artwork I have seen on this forum, and you making it yourself... I'm a big fan already. You've got a lot of talent, so keep it up!

TeaCrusader

08-30-2012

Well thanks for the kind words, I really do appreciate it =)

I'm not sure I'm seeing hi being overcomplicated but I guess it's difficult when you're the one that designed him.
Personally I feel that Niat's main issue is that he's kinda not got a core concept (He was based on an already kinda convoluted character I already had) but I think his kit came out pretty well.

Dunno if I mentioned it but I see him as a support/jungle hybrid.

Wulffe

09-05-2012

This soul has truly guided me....in selecting him for this one of this week's Featured Champs! Of course, he was picked out awhile ago during the old Index Thread but saved him for the bigger, better Index Thread v2! Here's to having some viewers guided to him for a change! Congrats and good luck!

Also. Cinder's fired. <.< >.>