How does one adc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroQuest96

08-03-2012

Basicly adc is my worst role and I would appreciate it if you guys (and girls) could give me a few tips on good runes and masteries. I've figured out the builds but my ad carry still needs alot of work. Any pointers?

Pother

08-03-2012

Without seeing what you are bad at, someone can't provide the best feedback. Playing ADC really isn't that much different than any other during the laning phase. Map awareness, lane positioning, csing, trading, avoiding free hits, working with your support. Past the basic mechanics, you simply just have to gain experience. Once you get past the laning phase, your biggest fault will most likely be positioning. No one seems to understand this concept at lower skill levels, and I think it is mostly because no one brings it to their attention.

AP Carries most often win fights around towers, AD Carries most often win fights in the lane. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your role, and how to position yourself appropriately to keep yourself safe, as well as engage when necessary. Watch high ELO ADC players, and focus on improving something about yourself every game.

Pininfarina

08-03-2012

I think pother is right, most new players start off fights out of position and usually die. Depending on your champ of choice you should wait in the back of team fights more away from the fear of say that malph ult. Then once the fight starts you usually want to kill either the opposing adc or apc but shouldn't get yourself killed trying to do that. Try and pew pew down the scariest target within your range.

Microsucks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

You have to be really good at farming you literally shouldnt be missing a single minion - that being your goal, and to be taken very seriously

Duhizy

08-03-2012

starting learning adc about 6 months ago and id call it my best role. Everything that i learned in terms of the basics that got me started doing well and lead into me creating my own experiences was watching high elo streamers like chaox,doublelift,aphromoo,cop. The key to learning from them is to always be asking yourself questions like why they do something at what time ex: are they farming? why are they farming at this specific time?are they hitting a certain target in a fight? why this target?did they hit the enemy in the laning phase? why did they decide to attack at that moment? Figuring out why they do what they do is the first step that i took when i learned.