Riot - Major Skillshot Bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aruaet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLLLLLLIN View Post
Lux ult has always had an extremely buggy hotbox, never saw it on ashes or sona tho
Ashe's has been buggy for even longer than the rest

Postal Miku

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLLLLLLIN View Post
Lux ult has always had an extremely buggy hotbox, never saw it on ashes or sona tho
Sona's tends to not hit the closer the enemy champion is to you, makes getting away from gapclosers almost impossible

Avalinda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

While obviously this is a serious issue that needs fixing, I'm a little curious why people would makes comments like "They're too busy making skins." You do realize that no one in the art department has the ability to fix this, right? It's not even really an issue of priorities, because it's not like they could just reassign artists to the coding department. Plus, you guys really have no idea how complicated making a game like this is. It's not like there's a mythical line of code somewhere that says "Should skill shots always work? 1 for yes, 0 for no." And before you start yelling that it's their job to make it work; I know it is. All I'm saying is give them some patience, because I'm 100% sure they're working on it. I worked on some simple games at Georgia Tech using a Gameboy emulator, and debugging this kind of error was difficult with about a thousand lines of code and some simple shapes. I can't even imagine doing it for a game as big as LoL

Granistas

08-03-2012

I had an issue last night where I lost a kill because my mystic shot went right through the enemy carry. But as far as I can tell the ult hasn't had any issues.

Postal Miku

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalinda View Post
While obviously this is a serious issue that needs fixing, I'm a little curious why people would makes comments like "They're too busy making skins." You do realize that no one in the art department has the ability to fix this, right? It's not even really an issue of priorities, because it's not like they could just reassign artists to the coding department. Plus, you guys really have no idea how complicated making a game like this is. It's not like there's a mythical line of code somewhere that says "Should skill shots always work? 1 for yes, 0 for no." And before you start yelling that it's their job to make it work; I know it is. All I'm saying is give them some patience, because I'm 100% sure they're working on it. I worked on some simple games at Georgia Tech using a Gameboy emulator, and debugging this kind of error was difficult with about a thousand lines of code and some simple shapes. I can't even imagine doing it for a game as big as LoL
they have put it off for over a month now, cosidering how much Riot don't seem to care on the matter

it's quite worrying

Aruaet

08-03-2012

Quote:
This thread isn't to get it immediately fixed, I know we can't hope for that. What the artists/reds CAN DO. Is poke their faces in here and be like "HEY we know this is a bug, we are working on it and will have it fixed as soon as we can. We realize it's ruining the game for a lot of you, we're sorry." And don't tell me that is something they can't do or don't have time for, they keep posting in the stupidest threads, so I know they have time for this.

Lord Baconeta

08-03-2012

Bump

Aruaet

08-03-2012

Quote:
ALSO, anyone who has ANY experience with coding will back me up on this. If you have a root problem that is messing with the game from a patch. YOU DONT PATCH AGAIN UNTIL YOU FIX THAT PROBLEM. It's like having something rotting on your floor, and then piling a bunch of dirty stuff on top of it. You are just making it harder and harder to solve the problem

Piloted to Gold

08-03-2012

I have noticed my Ezreal Q going through people, but my friends just told me I was bad. Heh. -_-

What about the PFE bug where you don't get gold for a minion you killed?

Nayorks

08-03-2012

On their own video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoIW-P2ypQs

See the top comment.