Urgot my favorite champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

goblinaiz

08-03-2012

When i was a noob just start play LOL.(after miss fortune patch)
I still remember the first champion i brought was "Warwick" i really like that "Red Riding Hood" skin
One day when i was bot lane busy for creeps,mid lane starting a team fight,the situation was bad for us,suddenly a scary beast showed up and changed the situation.
That big scary guy shot missile stinger from his hand and deadly laser beam from the other hand;meanwhile, he threw grenade from far distance.
That wass the first time i saw urgot.

I was shocked by his scary appearance and skill combination: missile stinger with track effect,toxic grenade with parabola,green deadly laser beam,sci-fi energy shield.
Stink ugly flesh meat combin with robot steel,and his big fat ass! why there is such a cool guy in this game? i thought there were full of teemo and amumu!
Until now urgot was still my favorite champion and the one of my most used champion.
It's rare to seem people play urgot. Maybe it's because of his scary appearance and diffcult skills.

As my recall,every patch about urgot did not make an improve,or fix the bug that always exist:

1.The animation of autoattack, it delays too much(even it was fixed once,but it's still too slow) you can even interrupt that move and reverse that laser beam back to cannon.

2.The armor penetration of "E" , can't stack with talent and "Last Whisper"(but Xerath does)so urgot won't be able anti-tank.

3.Can't active life steal effect with "Q" but "Hextech Revolver" does!(AP urgot? it did not work) but MF life steal with "double up"
All the ADC champion benefit by life steal effect but urgot.

So urgot can never be like other ADC staying behind teammates spammimg his damage,
Because urgot's short range(425),can't focus damage with "Q"(only 3 shot even land with "E"), can't stack armor pen combin critical to anti-tank.
It seems urgot was put into a strange position, so we have press "R" straight into enemy team and die with their ad carry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my opinion about last patch (nerf again)

Q:
"Q"is always the main source of urgot's damage, new formula means nothing different for urgot!
Urgot just need some basic damage item(like manamune),it enough to beat enemy's ADC or APC,
The rest of gold need to be invested on armor and burst(sheen),so you can reach their carry and shut them down in time.
But the range of "Q" is the most important part for lane phase and team fight.(and part of play style)
Did any skill decrease 300 range at one time? 300!?
Most of the ADC player knows urgot have the shortest attck range,so they will poke over this range,"Q" is the only way to counter them back,
But there is always full of minions blocking the side,so we have to landing "E" first,once successfully landing "E"
And we have to move like in the circus, dodge all their skill and point them to cast tracking "Q"
But now short version "Q" with their SUP's assist,it is way too easy to escape effective range.
So after enemy ADC deals alot damage to us by poke and skill,we may only hit them Q one time.

E:
CD of E increased 4 secend in one time with range decreased!?(no one would level up E first when plays as jungle urgot)
So we miss a "E" and and we have to wait 15secend...and ADC like cait or kog, they can just dealt tons at onece time easy~
But urgot need landing a "E" with 15sec CD and move like juggling so we can hit them a "Q"
These huge nerf both of QE wiped out urgot's best poke ability at team fight and lane phase

W:
All the skills of urgot got nerf why we kept this one? so it got nerf to 280 point...

R:

Armor and magic resistance decreased again and again(nerf cuz he looks scary)
Armor and magic resistance duration decreased to 3 secend(nerf cuz he stink)
And this time cast range reduced to 550 from 700!? this pathetic!(nerf cuz he is green)
Before cast Urgot's ult it need consider a lot of factors,IT TAKE RISK.(make sure superiority,worry for teleport and jungler)
Even though it deal 0 damage,we have kill opponent by our self.(but not like grave just burst everything and leave with double kill..)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Statikk:We intend Urgot to be a tanky mid-range anti-carry."
But urgot is good at long range poke,snipe,and close range suppress,assault.
To be a mid-range anti-carry with 425 attack range? to anti carry with his 15s CD "E" and castrate "Q"?

Statikk:
Overall we did intend to nerf Urgot and at the same time address playing against frustrations as much as possible.
What was not intended was to completely change his playstyle and remove his unique team role / purpose.
but they do change urgot's playstyle,and totally ruin it.
so all the thing they do is nerf urgot more. convenience!

That was a forgotten character, people yelling he never got a skin,so they made a junky crude tin robot urgot,and it lose all the feature urgot have.
Every patch about urgot is nerf.
EVRYTHING about urgot is nerf.
Urgot got nerf for 2 year since the release.

support!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=urgot

I made a picture for these nerf It from a taiwan movie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior...w:_Seediq_Bale

HaTaLaguna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

my sentiments exactly.

Naubkiller

08-03-2012

urgot doesnt sell skins anymore... no need for improvements

ALLIIAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

bump for Justice

ALLIIAN

08-03-2012

i will bump this **** up

Wild Panic

08-03-2012

You might want to make your post more concise, as a lot of people won't being reading your post due to the abundance of all that flowery sentiment.

You can make a small section in the end, but put the important stuff first - and make it more organized.
That said, I agree that urgot's auto attack timing is among the worst in the game.

ALLIIAN

08-03-2012

bump

goblinaiz

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Panic View Post
You might want to make your post more concise, as a lot of people won't being reading your post due to the abundance of all that flowery sentiment.

You can make a small section in the end, but put the important stuff first - and make it more organized.
That said, I agree that urgot's auto attack timing is among the worst in the game.
there are so many posts trying to make a simple point, which tried to be rational,but they just ignored.

it has been two fukin years.

no, I'm not making an easy suggest to them.

I just express my anger.

(but thanks still~ i try to make my post to be easy to read)

Tonixs

08-03-2012

I feel like i was too late to the Urgot party. I started playing him just before he got nerfed into the ground and really thought he was tons of fun in bot lane.

I really wish they would revert his range nerfs since he honestly was a nice break from the afk farming traditional ad carries.

ALLIIAN

08-03-2012

bump