Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Renek

12-06-2012

bump... WITH RAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEE BECAUSE NO ONE ASK QUESTIONS TO ME!!

Trynd The King

12-06-2012

SAAAAAAAAAmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee HHHHHHHHHHeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRReeeeeeeeeeee

Ask Mad Chemist

12-06-2012

No more FoN.

Ask Renek

12-06-2012

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT YOUR LAST QUESTlON WAS 13 HOUR AGO... MINE WAS 3 WEEKS!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE

AND IM JAILED, SO I CANT ASK THINGS....

Trynd The King

12-06-2012

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHh YYYYYYYYYEeeaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH........ sucks for you then ill ask after work.

Ask Volibear

12-16-2012

There. Found it. Alright. In this post, I'm going to explain exactly why I'm against the TryndxSej relationship and feeling so rage-y off camera about it. I'm using this thread because, well, that's where it goes. It doesn't belong in the Snowdown thread, where it's already taking up more space than it should and may derail the party. And, as mentioned before, I'm feeling rage-y, so I'll "RAGE HERE!" But I'll try to be polite and civil.

Really, it boils down to two, maybe three, things, so I'll cover each of them and explain what I mean before hitting the next one. Ready? Here goes.

1) The ramifications, even of a simple fling, which I really hope the RPers were aware of before they started this thing. Tryndamere is a king and the chieftain of a group of barbarians, not to mention a League champion. As quiet and secret as he may be trying to be, word will get out. For reference, look at the private lives of the real world celebrities. Paparazzi follow them everywhere, and they barely get a moment to themselves. League Champions are certainly celebrities of Runeterra, with reporters hanging on their every word and deed. When word gets out, it will go to three places: Ashe, the people of Freljord, and Freljord's allies.

Ashe will be infuriated. Her husband, whether it's a political marriage or not, has publicly kissed and flirted and "hooked up" with her greatest rival. This does absolutely nothing for the Frost Queen except make her look weak (she can't even control her barbarian of a husband) and make her even more angry at the woman who is probably, from her viewpoint, trying to steal her husband and the barbarians that he commands away from her. Wars have been fought for less (See Troy). In essence, Trynd and Sej just committed an act of war, bringing the entire city-state of Freljord to the brink of civil war, if not throwing them in. And all of Freljord will have to pay the price.

The people of Freljord? They're going to be utterly perplexed. The king of three quarters of the factions in the city-state (Barbarians, Lissandra's group, and Ashe's group) is romantically involved with the leader of the other quarter, a sworn enemy of his wife. Where does that leave them? Do they side with their king or with their queen in the following war. Their king was selfish in following his heart rather than his obligations (something Tryndamere would know he could never do, especially somewhere like Freljord where love is a luxury that can be ill afforded, especially when compared to survival), but...he's their king. The barbarians would follow him to the death, and the people grew to love him as their king. However, he's gone against their queen, whom they have sworn allegiance to. That's going to divide the people even further. Lines will be drawn, war will rage. And it's not just going to include the humans.

It's going to include their allies, primarily the yeti and the Ursine, both of whom are allied with Ashe. Nunu and Willump, the representatives both of the yeti and Freljord in the League, will have to deal with this. Volibear, who joined the League to represent a united Freljord finds himself looking at a not-so-united Freljord and the civil war that was predicted to kill all of his people and will now be even more bloody due to how much more divided the people will be. Even Gragas, who has a treaty with the Frost Queen for his usage of the ice floe, is affected by the conflict. It stretches way beyond just Sej and Trynd. Which brings me to reason 2.

2) Decisions to have relationships affect more than just the two people in the relationship. It even affects multiple RPers. As mentioned, this one affects Sej, Trynd, Ashe, Nunu, Volibear, and doubtless many others. For example, Volibear would have to field questions about whom he would side with regarding Trynd or Ashe and have to choose sides in the resulting civil war. But no one asked his RPer what he thought of being thrown into this. I know that there's no steady RPer for him right now, so there was no real way to contact him, but what about Nunu's RPer? He hasn't been asked about it, either, and he was even at the party.

Not talking to others before you set out on things that shatter canon, just because you think they'd be fun, seems nothing less than extremely selfish. What you say and do has consequences and affects people far beyond you. No man is an island, after all.

Now, before you point out that Sej already called this off while I was typing this, I know. But rather than delete it and deal with the next one when it pops up, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it will eventually, I decided to still post this one and get people thinking. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

I'll leave you with one final thought, in any event. Those who hold Champions and RP as them hold them in trust. The Champions themselves obviously can't speak up for or defend themselves, so it is up to their RPers to do so for them, and remain faithful and true to their characters and ideals. That means staying true to the canon, too, no matter how much we might dislike it or think it's restrictive. If we don't, how are we any different from a bunch of original characters with massive head injuries, who think, for some strange reason, that they are Champions in the League of Legends?

Thanks for reading, if you did, and have a nice day.

Ask Tyrant Swain

12-16-2012

I stated my thought about that relationship. A drunk Trynd being abused by Sejuani is as far as it can go.

Ask Renek

12-16-2012

I think Sej can have reasons to do that, but Tryndamere should not accept

also

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ask Tyrant Swain

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Renekton View Post
I think Sej can have reasons to do that, but Tryndamere should not accept

also

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Being abused does not require the abused to accept it from the abuser.

Sykper

12-16-2012

Hmm.

I get this feeling, I could be wrong.

But...it's possible that...Renekton might be a little mad about something...

Just a gut feeling.