Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black screen after Champion Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omega Dominae

08-03-2012

Quote:
BrokenTier:
Managed to find a solution...

1. Navigate to your League of Legends folder
2. Go to RADS -> Solutions -> Lol_game_client_sln -> releases
3. Make a copy of your 0.0.0.172 folder, place this copy somewhere in your desktop / accessible location
4. Delete the 0.0.0.172 folder from the "releases" directory in the LoL folder (where you copied the folder from)
5. Run League of Legends
6. A message should pop up on your client, talking about how you're missing some files.
7. Close League of Legends
8. Re-open League of Legends
9. The client will now Patch
10. Play League

It's amazing to see how much effort Riot puts into fixing bugs and helping their community...
oh wait...

I reinstalled LoL about 15 minutes ago... I don't have a "RADS" folder... Searched for it and everything... 2 leaves now, one before reinstalling and one after... this better not go against me... as it is not my fault.

BrokenTier

08-03-2012

Quote:
Omega Dominae:
Didn't work... still giving me a blank screen... thanks

try the solution just posted

Omega Dominae

08-03-2012

Well... not sure what else to do... but thanks Riot for looking out for us and offering a blanket fix that helped no one. Much appreciated. Already got 2 leaves that are not my fault, but yours and if they stick... I will just quit. For these reasons: 1. Known issue that is only addressed after people complain about it rather then being at the forefront and explaining before it happens. 2. After many hours of people complaining, the only fix that is offered is "oh disable your protection to see if that's the problem" (ummm... sorry, but I'm not really into letting down a shield so I can be taken advantage of)... poor tech support... honestly worst I've seen.

Omega Dominae

08-03-2012

Quote:
BrokenTier:
try the solution just posted

I did... if you read what I posted you'll see I don't have a "RADS" folder at all as I've not played a game after re-installing, thanks.

BrokenTier

08-03-2012

thread hadn't updated with your post when I posted it, my bad.

Omega Dominae

08-03-2012

S'ok BrokenTier not your fault... its' Riots

Dragön

08-03-2012

I'm having the problem too, currently trying the solution posted by Brokentier.

Edit:
3. Make a copy of your 0.0.0.172 folder, place this copy somewhere in your desktop / accessible location
4. Delete the 0.0.0.172 folder from the "releases" directory in the LoL folder (where you copied the folder from)
5. Run League of Legends
6. A message should pop up on your client, talking about how you're missing some files.
10. Play League

That works.

BrokenTier

08-03-2012

bump so more people can see a potentially working solution.

Duelist

08-03-2012

Quote:
BrokenTier:
Managed to find a solution...

5. Run League of Legends
10. Play League

It's amazing to see how much effort Riot puts into fixing bugs and helping their community...
oh wait...

TY, it worked! We won the match too!!! I entered at when everyone was at level 12 too! c:

Geomegus

08-03-2012

same problem all this for a battlecast cho skin not even Diana....
Bumpx3