video card drivers out of date?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rad1987

09-10-2010

i have a Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT. Do i need to upgrade it? If so how? I did a check for updates and nothing was needed on my mac book pro.

xaogypsie

09-10-2010

No. Apple pushes video drivers through with Software Update. As long as that is updated, then you are set.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-10-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yes this will be somewhat confusing to Mac users and we are considering removing it entirely.

milkytoast

09-10-2010

most likely it is because the Wine version of Cedega is confusing the client to displaying the message.

Rad1987

09-10-2010

Thanks, Just making sure.

xaogypsie

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkytoast View Post
most likely it is because the Wine version of Cedega is confusing the client to displaying the message.
Oh, is it saying that the video drivers are out of date (I don't have my magic invite yet)? I can see how that would be confusing/distressing for people not familiar with Macs.

milkytoast

09-10-2010

Wine(and/or cedega) is faking a windows enviroment around the LoL client so it can run in Mac OS. When the LoL client asks for information about the Windows graphics drivers it most likely tells it something that flags the drivers as strange and or out of date. The message has more to do with the program used to inturprit the windows program then Apple's graphic drivers.

Dayn

09-11-2010

getting the same message and I am all up to date.