Why does armor and mr seem useless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whiteheal

08-02-2012

Hey I just came back after a break and all of my tanks seem useless, if I build ap i get killed in 3 secs if I build armor mr and hp i get killed in 4 secs even vs a full ad team with over 300 armor i died in 2 secs to just there carry now he wasn't fed he had 100 cs vs my 90 cs and 2 kills and i had 295 armor so did they just buff mages and ad out the ass so tanks are useless in tt?

Mango027

08-02-2012

A well equiped AD carry is still going to go through quickly in any 1v1 situation, if they are heavy on AAs i would suggest thornmail (a rare suggestion) otherwise, a better choice would be Frozen Heart. You need to force a 2v1 or better situation, focus this squishy and then work on the other bruisers. Most APs have a strong burst, thats almost always been a fact, but they too are super squishy so if you can suprise them, get a stun/snare/knock up you and a friend can take them down faster than they can think.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Because they all had armor pen and corkis passive and e and he had a cleaver lol

whiteheal

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
Because they all had armor pen and corkis passive and e and he had a cleaver lol
riven had no armor pen in items and about 5 months ago i would have lasted 15 secs with the same build

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

brutalizer

whiteheal

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
brutalizer
ok she had +15 Armor Penetration from it but before you had them items you still droped me in under 2-3 secs with a thornmail

Luego

08-03-2012

You didn't even mention who you were playing. Helpful post.

Clubbems

08-03-2012

How did you get 300 armor with only 90 cs?

Also, learn to itemize not only one stat, but multiples. IE. with 100 armor and 2000 health you're better off than 150 armor and 1500 health.
That math might not be correct, but the jist is the same.

Fanaticmogg

08-03-2012

Just to confirm, you ARE playing on Twisted Treeline, correct?

whiteheal

08-03-2012

Yep and for that match I was talking about cokri riven and malphite I built thornmail and randuins omen and ninja tabi but its not just that match I went vs xin try and riven before with ram all about the same build my ram with thorn and warmogs going for randuins omen and dieing in 2 secs with his shield up in a teamfight it just seems like I should build more apish and at that point i could just go on my mages or ad carrys and do more dmg while dieing at the same rate