Live Diana Developer AMA on Reddit Friday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeyLPG

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm very excited to be answering your questions! I very much would love to share the development process in am more in-depth fashion!
I can't wait to see what questions you and the team avoid.

NugCrusher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

I'd rather just see her released already. If she's really that anticipated, she should be released. This live AMA stuff should've been done a week ago. At the least very latest..

bairr

Senior Recruiter

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranMádaraki View Post
>Reddit
problem

Orshabal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller View Post
The last AMA from Riot was soo pathetic

AMA ABOUT DEVELOPMENT, Doesn't answer anything about development
true

GaryMFing0ak

08-02-2012

Imma tune in just to make sure it's not a trainwreck like the Tryndamere AMA.

Perkynoobs

08-03-2012

I've noticed Riot is getting a LOT of flak for simply posting this statement. If this is ever read, I just want to say to those who think no one else cares, there are those who do. I am a Redditor and I know when the Narwhal Bacons and I am interested in this AMA.

I've never seen Riot do and AMA but if they're reading,
IAMA= I am a...
AMA= Ask me ANYTHING
AMAA= Ask me ALMOST anything

Its better to use the double A so people don't complain about you not answering any questions. Just a heads up

Other than that, i'm lookin forward to this IAMA

NugCrusher

08-03-2012

Performing an AMA is dece; I'll give them that. Unfortunately, she should be released if she frankly, "highly anticipated." Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome idea; if it was a week ago or maybe before she became playable on the beta. That's just my logic.

Mortox

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkynoobs View Post
I've noticed Riot is getting a LOT of flak for simply posting this statement. If this is ever read, I just want to say to those who think no one else cares, there are those who do. I am a Redditor and I know when the Narwhal Bacons and I am interested in this AMA.

I've never seen Riot do and AMA but if they're reading,
IAMA= I am a...
AMA= Ask me ANYTHING
AMAA= Ask me ALMOST anything

Its better to use the double A so people don't complain about you not answering any questions. Just a heads up

Other than that, i'm lookin forward to this IAMA
The problem isn't the terminology, it's more about the fact that all of these corporations (not only Riot, many others) hide behind the guise of an "AMA" (or whatever acronym you want to give it) when all it really is is a thinly veiled press-release and/or advertisement.

How this works is that someone in charge of marketing writes up a list of questions and answers, and then as they receive the flood of questions on the AMA-day, they cherry pick the ones that match up with the ones that have been scripted in advance and answer only those ones.

I don't want to hear about how great Riot is, and why I should stay loyal to their brand because of all the new exciting things that are coming for 2013, and how deep the lore is, and how much they care about story development, and blah blah blah. You see what I'm getting at? It's a ploy to push their brand onto us, and we're sitting there with open arms. Advertising has never been so easy, and it's all thanks to Reddit.

We should be putting them in the hot seat, getting the answers to awkward or difficult questions, but that will never happen because it goes against their agenda.

Take this however you like.

uDied

08-03-2012

which character is this..... fiora = irelia just curios .. the champs you keep releasing are the same... been gone for nearly 8 months and the new champs are similar to others...

hachi08

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortox View Post
The problem isn't the terminology, it's more about the fact that all of these corporations (not only Riot, many others) hide behind the guise of an "AMA" (or whatever acronym you want to give it) when all it really is is a thinly veiled press-release and/or advertisement.

How this works is that someone in charge of marketing writes up a list of questions and answers, and then as they receive the flood of questions on the AMA-day, they cherry pick the ones that match up with the ones that have been scripted in advance and answer only those ones.

I don't want to hear about how great Riot is, and why I should stay loyal to their brand because of all the new exciting things that are coming for 2013, and how deep the lore is, and how much they care about story development, and blah blah blah. You see what I'm getting at? It's a ploy to push their brand onto us, and we're sitting there with open arms. Advertising has never been so easy, and it's all thanks to Reddit.

We should be putting them in the hot seat, getting the answers to awkward or difficult questions, but that will never happen because it goes against their agenda.

Take this however you like.
Thank you. While I'm actually looking forward to this AMA and any possible release of Diana lore that may come from it, I think this is a pretty fair critique of the way the system works. You're the only person in this entire thread so far who has given a valid criticism about it.

Live web chats with authors, etc. pretty much function the same way (I mean the ones backed by large publishing companies). A live panel might be the only real way for fans to get answers, but of course those are always subject to moderation.