HON vs LOL

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0zzy

11-10-2009

ok guys i have played both games extensively and here is what i find

LOL: can't denie in any way shape or form. Makes it newbie friendly. Don't Lose gold if u die. Again newbie friendsly. Graphics are decent. Reconnection system is good. Match making working great. you can earn lvl's and gain ruins and skills.. Makes no sense cause your giving high end player an advantage. Heros are orginal BUT a lot of the skills are dota based. Overall i'd say this is newbie friendly competitively its a joke cause gold is too easy to farm and items are inexpensive. Towers needs balanced no one should be able to just sit at a tower have 5 "heroes" rush you and the tower kills everything.
LOL = Dota for newbies did i mention creeps stop following you when you run into bushs.. wtf is that.

HON: psr? what a joke, stupidiest thing i have ever seen. Hon has good graphics. Good Reconnect. Servers for the most part are good. Easy to find games at any time. Hon is just a upgraded version of DOTA which is the point. It requires skill. You can denie which gives your oppenent less xp gain from the creep. When u die you actually lose gold. The items are still a little cheap. There is no way to get a advantage in game aka. lvl's with runes and skill points. Towers are ajustable on the mode of game em games tower are junk. non em games tower hit harder more ho and regen hp.
HON = Dota for more experienced players

Both games are dota same concept just HON kept the orginal heros which i think is smart cause it appeals TO ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED DOTA. LOL is DOTA based i mean if u look at the heros/skills they just took the heroes/skills changed it around, the icons are randomly put together and dota skills on different heros.

Opinion: LOL way to easy. Games are more designed on Hero compisition of the team rather then how good you can play. HON is good all around except this stupid psr **** its garbage.

Rev

Adjudicator

11-10-2009

Having never played HoN, I'm left with the question: What's PSR?

tiDdelz

11-10-2009

its your personal rating. kinda like elo except it doesnt work well at all.

Lawlerkats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

Why do people constantly feel like they need to compare the two and tell everybody about it?

HappyNihil

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Having never played HoN, I'm left with the question: What's PSR?
Variant of Elo, but with very few tweaks. Works worse than what LoL has, but you can see it in normal ("practice") games so that you can get somewhat balanced teams even in that mode.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

11-10-2009

Overall i'd say this is newbie friendly competitively its a joke cause gold is too easy to farm and items are inexpensive <---this statement literally makes no sense.
The fact that gold is easy to get / items are cheap has literally no correlation to skill. Let's say items in dota suddenly cost 1/2 as much. Would the game suddenly be easier to play? No. The game would be imbalanced as hell, yes, but it wouldn't suddenly be easier -_-

Voidgolem

11-10-2009

There's one problem with this comparison:

If I wanted to play a direct clone of DotA, I'd just, y'know, play DotA.

Vorador

The Council

11-10-2009

LoL has Zileas, so LoL wins.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-10-2009

PSR is basically visible ELO, except you choose your game rooms and it shows you how much your ELO would +/- for winning and losing.

OP: I personally have something against the word 'Easy' when using it to describe competitive play. No competitive game is 'easy'. If you want to say something isn't competitive, there are better ways to say it: such as 'The skill ceiling is low', or 'The individual skill cap is low' or 'Reactions/Timing/Judgement are not nearly as important in LoL as they are in DotA' which are all statements that make sense - whether they are true is arguable, but saying something is 'easy' doesn't SAY anything.

Finally, there are already MANY threads for this, they've just fallen past the first page. Use the search function:

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/sea...earchid=273130

Decae

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
ok guys i have played both games extensively and here is what i find

LOL: can't denie in any way shape or form. Makes it newbie friendly. Don't Lose gold if u die. Again newbie friendsly. Graphics are decent. Reconnection system is good. Match making working great. you can earn lvl's and gain ruins and skills.. Makes no sense cause your giving high end player an advantage. Heros are orginal BUT a lot of the skills are dota based. Overall i'd say this is newbie friendly competitively its a joke cause gold is too easy to farm and items are inexpensive. Towers needs balanced no one should be able to just sit at a tower have 5 "heroes" rush you and the tower kills everything.
LOL = Dota for newbies did i mention creeps stop following you when you run into bushs.. wtf is that.

HON: psr? what a joke, stupidiest thing i have ever seen. Hon has good graphics. Good Reconnect. Servers for the most part are good. Easy to find games at any time. Hon is just a upgraded version of DOTA which is the point. It requires skill. You can denie which gives your oppenent less xp gain from the creep. When u die you actually lose gold. The items are still a little cheap. There is no way to get a advantage in game aka. lvl's with runes and skill points. Towers are ajustable on the mode of game em games tower are junk. non em games tower hit harder more ho and regen hp.
HON = Dota for more experienced players

Both games are dota same concept just HON kept the orginal heros which i think is smart cause it appeals TO ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED DOTA. LOL is DOTA based i mean if u look at the heros/skills they just took the heroes/skills changed it around, the icons are randomly put together and dota skills on different heros.

Opinion: LOL way to easy. Games are more designed on Hero compisition of the team rather then how good you can play. HON is good all around except this stupid psr **** its garbage.
Would you say counter strike is easy to play? I would. A bad CS player will have a blast playing with other bad CS players. He will be able to play very easily and intuitively.
Do you think that same player who went 20-0 with the group of noobs would even get 1 kill playing against a team of CS pros? Absolutely not.

Why?

Because that's how a good game should be. Easy to learn hard to master. Anyone can pick up LoL and if playing against others of the same skill level they would have fun experimenting together.

The levels in LoL actually add additional layers of strategy, it only takes a month to get to lvl30 if you're a competitive player. Once you are there the levels and runes are not an advantage in competitive play they are another level of customization for your hero which everyone has access to. Just because both teams had the same hero does not mean they would be built the same at all. Much more depth.

They are introducing more death penaltys by the way.

Also, a good lane in LoL CAN deny you by forcing you to stand back from your creeps not getting any last hits.

You are not qualified to make the judgments you make in OT.

12345 ... 10