The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

I played around with Viktor in the past and decided to give up on him largely because his entire set seems to revolve around his laser, and the Death augment being the only viable choice makes this even worse.

Now, there are other champions that largely revolve around one or two skills too, but none of the other champions like that have such wonky targeting on the skills they use every 10 seconds. Playing Viktor feels like doing Yoga poses or something because his laser never goes where you want it to without a lot of finicking with it. Granted, that's probably because I use smartcast, but still, it just doesn't feel right.

waaxz

08-02-2012

I think his passive really lacks the feeling of "evolution". Its just 1 purchase that you usually do around early-mid game. I would really like him to feel like he evolves trough the game and becomes extremely powerfull lategame, as he has evolved more than his enemies.

StubbyBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Give each upgraded hexcore an activatable of some kind. Other champions should envy that Viktor gets to bring his Hexcore into battle, not pity him for losing an item slot

also, remove Darius from the game plz thx

Kazekai

08-02-2012

I played him a couple times when he was free. I did really good the first time, then could never do anything with him.

I think he needs to be more consistent. His E is confusing, his ult tends to lag behind, and his passive, while cool, falls off pretty hard. He's using an ability slot for that item, it should be better than a regular item, not worse.

Apoc da Beast

08-02-2012

I like viktor because, well, I basically like to play AP mids, with a good burst and AoE, like Brand and Zyra, Viktor is another i often play.

one thing I thought that could be possible but it isn't is to change the augment, the first time i played him i thought i could sell my "augment power" and trade it for augment death for maximum burst.

one other thing is the shield on his Q, the ammount isnt that high and yet it has to travel to the enemy and back, of course maybe if you see a gank comming you can use it on a minion and gain the shield before, or right in time to absorb some damage. I'd like to see the effect increased when hitting a champion with it.

his ultimate, compared to others has a good total damage, but maybe the secondary damage could use a boost, not in total damage but the time it takes to be dealt.

The laser being invisible sometimes is of course not good for the enemy anytime, even thought that doesnt happen too often (maybe like 1 in 10)it might be unfair to be dealing damage with the enemy unable to dodge it for a skillshot with that range.

Out of that, I think viktor is a great laner, and has a great bust in teamfights, along with his utility.

NamKim

08-02-2012

I am a non-Viktor player.

I did play him a few times. I feel that his Hex Core item to be a unique touch, but I do not know if it is an benefit or a handicap. Since the item does power up one of Viktor's spells, it is a special items that only Viktor can use and is probably necessary to make Viktor compete against others. But it does take one item spot which you could use for an item that would be more worth it. Hex Core is an item that makes Viktor strong enough to go against others, but also an item that feels like a handicap. If you could find a way to make using Hex Core feel like a benefit rather than a handicap, then it would definitely make me want to play him more.

I am not saying it is a handicap. But it is what it feels like. Once I upgrade it, I do not feel satisfied since the item is done, it is taking up a valuable item slot, and I cannot do anything about it.

I am sure that true Viktor players will disagree with me.

But I am merely talking from a non-Viktor player's standpoint. I was a Karma player for awhile so I understand if Viktor players are reading this and going "this guy does not know what he is talking about!" So, for those whom I offend, I mean no disrespect. I am rather talking about Viktor's possible lack of appeal.

TwilghtSpark

08-02-2012

The thing with his augments was that everyone just picked death because it gave the most ap and buffed up his lazor which also was his main late game skill.

He ultimate damage is insane...as long as people don't just walk out of it. Think of it as an annie comboing the entire enemy team, a good deal of them should die from that, but with viktor if he stuns/ults/lazors an entire team they all walkaway with 300 health.

Now with his Q it seems that it always shields after they trade damage making it kinda useless. Honestly If the shield just applied half/half ( once on hit and once when it gets back ) it would be a lot more useful.

Fernanderp

08-02-2012

I think characters should not mesh with ingame items. although the augment is strong early game, I believe its a loss of a sixth item and I see many viktor players selling it for more ap anyways.

IS1c1d21220aa58ffe97d65

08-02-2012

So much for Evolution:

As a big Viktor fan, I say he isn't the best of champs to use, he can be useful and painful at times, but most of the time he cannot do anything good except for poke.

I actually go for Power Augment a lot. It is my favorite augment and the shield aspect has won me many exchanges before.

Overall, the augments are nifty but they seem like wastes of spaces late game, I read a suggestion for a third augment and that fits well with evolution. What I would suggest would be a phenomenal overhaul of his entire kit; its good right now, but why not make the first augment be upgradeable twice so it can buff all skills differently?

A sample would be:

Augment Power: Q: movespeed buff, W: standing in the area would grant you additional armor/MR, E: shreds enemy Armor
Augment Gravity: Q: movespeed debufff on target, W: wider cast range, E: first target hit gets a mini-stun
Augment Death: Q: bounces to X number of targets (shield stacks), W: DoT (MR shredder too), E: Burn effect

These are just simple suggestions and it would give Viktor players more depth when investing towards evolving their play.

A level 3 Augment should also boost his ult in some manner >_<

UsoRemix

08-02-2012

Viktor is super fun to play and I wish I felt good playing him. Everytime I play as Viktor I feel underwhelmed. His lazor feels super good to hit, but thats it about his kit that I feel joyed about. Q just feels bleh early on because you want lazor first, W has such a short range I only end up using it if I'm in a tight spot or I want to stop a melee champ from running away from me.

If I could choose one thing though i would say his passive could use a change. It just feels...underwhelming. Weak. A lot of people have suggested a Teir 3 upgrade. I agree. Something that would merge another one of the teir 2 upgrades to it, or maybe an ult upgrade (movement speed of the ult? longer silence? bigger area of effect?).