The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattlecastPeanut

04-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCaelestis View Post
By the Omnissiah, yes!

Has anyone else tried Augment: Power here? I highly recommend it.
My usual build is Augment: Power, Sorc. Shoes with Furor, Rylai's, Hextech Gunblade, Lich Bane, Liandry's.

No one escapes. You can chain Gravity Fields and it's hilarious. With all the speed you have and all the slows your opponent has, you will never lose an enemy. If you want someone dead, they will die. Augment: Death undeniably has more burst, but the above build is hilarious and so much fun.

I will greatly miss this mode. Not only has it made Urgot -someone I love almost as much as Viktor- an unstoppable god-tier monstrosity, but it's allowing for typically niche champions to outshine 'FotM' and 'OP' champions.
Aww Yush! Don't forget the endless shield! Finally For once he has another augment.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2014

So I have fallen in love with WotA on Viktor, at least in Urf mode. Havent tried it on regular. But the sustain from his Q is godly D:

RasCaelestis

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Arcadia View Post
So I have fallen in love with WotA on Viktor, at least in Urf mode. Havent tried it on regular. But the sustain from his Q is godly D:
It is the first thing I rush (I start with my Augment) on Dominion. It will keep you out in the field for as long as you want.
Note: I don't know how the new build path and lack of mana regen will affect this. I may need to modify things in the future, but WotA was fantastic, and is probably still very useful.

On Normal SR, I tend to skip WotA. The sustain is nice, but it takes away from your burst or your ability to survive in teamfights. In lane it might be nice, but late-game you'd probably be focused too hard for the sustain to save you for long. This is assuming you're using Augment: Death. It might be useful on an Augment: Power based build. I might try that, now that I think of it... I've been going for Augment: Power in URF, and it's so fun. I never cared for it before, but this is giving me a new appreciation for it.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCaelestis View Post
It is the first thing I rush (I start with my Augment) on Dominion. It will keep you out in the field for as long as you want.
Note: I don't know how the new build path and lack of mana regen will affect this. I may need to modify things in the future, but WotA was fantastic, and is probably still very useful.

On Normal SR, I tend to skip WotA. The sustain is nice, but it takes away from your burst or your ability to survive in teamfights. In lane it might be nice, but late-game you'd probably be focused too hard for the sustain to save you for long. This is assuming you're using Augment: Death. It might be useful on an Augment: Power based build. I might try that, now that I think of it... I've been going for Augment: Power in URF, and it's so fun. I never cared for it before, but this is giving me a new appreciation for it.
I can se it working with a top lane build for viktor, where you normally would build a bit bulkier. Rush a roa, wota, rcs, lyandries, and of course augment power or death depending in how the top lane is going. Obviously boots in there too. I'mma have to try this now...

Phil Nye

04-07-2014

The cool thing about Augment: Power is that you don't need to have URF levels of CDR to get Q to have 100% uptime (although it does require some extensive building into CDR via Athene's/Nomicon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratospie View Post
I am a bit concerned about this happening if they pick him up.

Viktor's Passive is supposed to be a big part of his kit and playstyle. It falls into a similar, although not exact, catagory like Renekton's Fury passive or Rengar's Leap/Ferocity from his passive. It's supposed to be a core aspect of the champ, and not just a small bonus.

Viktor's Passive right now is very, very underwhelming. Augment Power is the worst by far, and while Augment Gravity is alright, choosing anything other than Augment Death puts you at a disadvantage.

Viktor's skills themselves are in a pretty good place except for his Q, which while designed to allow easier trades in lane, fails due to the long time it takes to get the shield.
I disagree, and feel that Augment: Power is very underrated, although I think because you can actually maneuver into position to use W offensively, there's not as much use for Augment:Gravity, if anything.

Top lane Power Viktor is very underrated imo, not as strong as Mid Death Viktor, but still very respectable. I think the only thing they would need to make the item on par is to give it either spell pen or spellvamp (I mean health regen, really, what ranged caster has ever benefitted from investing in hp/5?)

It sort of sucked when the SV sunfire bruiser meta was popular where they could rush SV to ignore you and splitpush all day. However, now that dps bruisers and caster tops are getting more popular, he's a lot better now. The delayed shield on Q dynamic is actually doable in a ranged v. melee setting, since by the time they've gap closed on you, the shield comes up in time to absorb a good chunk of damage (it def sucks versus most mids though).

Desmond Law

04-07-2014

It's a shame kass is stealing viktor's Q
not only is the shield instant, it has a 0.8 AP ratio with a base ratio higher than vik's shield.

Knightof0suzaku

04-07-2014

so I know this thread is kinda dead but can we get an update on where viktor is at?

Zoro The Otter

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Bad news guys

The tech we need for the proposed iteration of Viktor will not be available for a long time (Think like S4)

While I liked the direction, I do not want to delay this for that long and will be exploring other directions. I'll make another post later in the day about an iteration I am considering. Sorry guys

TL; DR: I suck
So it's S4 now and you guys got the tech. When we going to see Viktor changes?

BattlecastPeanut

04-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro The Otter View Post
So it's S4 now and you guys got the tech. When we going to see Viktor changes?
Love the Summonername o3o

Coccyx420

04-08-2014

@Solcrushed

To be honest, Viktor is by far my favorite AP. Even when players say he's too weak, has no escape or isn't reliable due to his E. I disagree with it all. His force field alone is game changing. Over powered champs brought to a still point where my team can go all out and alternatively it can be used to zone out or push away an enemy trying to flank or to rush our team.

I love his entire kit, I think there's nothing wrong with his kit and if i had to complain in hopes of making him stronger, it would only be for his Q to produce a shield as it's being cast, not as it returns back to me. But that would only mean that it'd be similar to kassadins Q..and thats no fun.

His lazer is fine once you get used to it, and having smart cast on, only makes it more reliable once you have it down.

My major complaint with viktor is...the augments.

Not being able to change augments..there are times where I go with Augment Death only to realize I need to play it more defensively and I can't do anything about it...or vise versa...i start off defensively and as I start to catch up in terms of power, I later want to be able to change the direction of my power.

I think it's highly unfair for Viktor to have to suffer that. Aside from khazix being locked into which ability to upgrade, no other champs suffers this level of lock down.

As well as with some of the other suggestions, of making a third tier where we can upgrade at level 16 to really give us that boost in utility, power, survivability.

Personally, my recommendations are

Allow any branch of augment to give the AP bonus. The difference between the 3 would be the bonus applied to each spell.

Whether increased movement speed, larger cast radius, or burn on targets.

IF that's done, you'll see a lot more variety in terms of augments. no one chooses an augment for the 200hp and very rarely for the 10% CDR.

It's either power or utility.

my second recommendation would be: Allow us to sell augments or exchange them.

and third: Increase a tier 3 augment increase at level 16

More damage, more survivability, more utility..basically...the ultimate creation at its ultimate power.