The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zukuu1

07-21-2013

^

Necron99

07-23-2013

yeah i pretty much stopped playing this game cause no love for viktor/tired of getting flamed in ranked just for picking him
no changes to him
no new skins
no incentive to keep playing
been playing alot of d3
and gundam breaker
oh man gundam breaker is amazing

League0fDraven8

07-23-2013

victor is good he is just to high of price and not widely used

Lucid1llusion

07-26-2013

Idea about passive, specifically, Power Augment-

Reduce Q's AP scaling, improve it's base damage at later levels (promoting building more Mpen and deffensive builds)

upon upgreade, make it do % health damage so that Viktor "evolves" to kill takier characters . . . that way it fits his theme, and make him viable in another way (vs tanky teams especially)

Levik

07-26-2013

In whatever rework I would like for Victor to have an interaction with Kha'zix about the whole "evolution" thing. Why has this not been done already?

Desmond Law

07-26-2013

Needs ward space

Bob the Hobo

07-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy1337 View Post
yeah i pretty much stopped playing this game cause no love for viktor/tired of getting flamed in ranked just for picking him
no changes to him
no new skins
no incentive to keep playing
been playing alot of d3
and gundam breaker
oh man gundam breaker is amazing
Same, but with a different game. I felt like we were being ignored here, even though we encouraged to add ideas. It may say he's reading through the comments here, but it's been a pretty long time since the last update. I understand if you've been sick/had other work Solcrushed, but give the project to someone else if you can't work on it.

In the meantime, I'll be playing the stuff I got on the Steam sale.

CrisD

07-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Hobo View Post
Same, but with a different game. I felt like we were being ignored here, even though we encouraged to add ideas. It may say he's reading through the comments here, but it's been a pretty long time since the last update. I understand if you've been sick/had other work Solcrushed, but give the project to someone else if you can't work on it.

In the meantime, I'll be playing the stuff I got on the Steam sale.
Damn, forgot i got the witcher 2...time to play

Saint of Gaming

07-26-2013

I have some ideas for the Viktor rework as a Viktor player (granted only Silver), but I think that even if they get rejected they will serve the purpose of churning the brainstorm a bit more. I would divide the upgrades into the below augments after decreasing his existing AP ratios a bit to open up the opportunity of implementing the different upgrade choices.

Death: Death upgrade provides a flat AP boost similar to the way it currently does and changes the scaling on his abilities. In other words, an ability with base damage of 100 and AP scaling of .2 would now have base damage of 100 and AP scaling of, say, .6 for example. Such a change emphasizes the burst ability of Viktor late game

Utility: Lissandra provides a cool example of how mages can deal solid damage, while still possessing an emphasis on utility. For the utility upgrade,Viktor's Q could operate similar to Nami's heal in that you could choose to target an enemy to have the move function as it usually does, or you could target an ally to have the Q apply the shield instead to an ally and bounce to an enemy to deal slightly reduced damage. His laser could have a slow included and his ult would silence for an increased duration. These changes model him into a champion more tuned to help enable his team and provide utility.

Speed: This upgrade could impact Viktor's kit in ways such as making the Q shield transfer immediately upon dealing damage to the enemy, instead of the delayed transfer normally seen and speeding up his laser travel speed. His W could take less time to convert the slow to a stun. Viktor's ult could travel faster all the time instead of just near him. In addition the upgrade could provide greater movespeed and 10% cooldown reduction that stacks on top of the normal 40% max. These changes would not only emphasize a speed theme in his kit, but also enables a roam based playstyle with more movespeed, a quicker acting stun for when he ganks a lane, and built in CDR so his moves are up more often while he roams.

A similar idea I had was an upgrade that helps Viktor become more of a poke comp choice by increasing his Q range dramatically and his E range by a bit. I really liked Riot's idea of being able to combine upgrades through two step upgrade purchases. Obviously the numbers would have to be amended appropriately, but these ideas could allow for a two tier approach in which you could take pure play AP scaling with two death augment purchases or a bit more scaling and then utility by going death and utility.

While I am obviously biased, I really like that some of these ideas represent changes to his WHOLE kit as opposed to just a minor change to one ability. Also, they emphasize more unconventional changes. I have been following the Rengar and Olaf rework threads with a lot of interest and noticed that the Rengar rework was interested in emphasizing more unique traits on the bonetooth necklace such as increased leap range. Some of the Viktor suggestions above like increased scaling, increased range, the bouncing Q, or the ability to have CDR beyond the max are uncommon and could provide a pretty fresh feel to not just this champ, but each of the alternate upgrade paths. This way each choice feels very crucial and very much like a true evolution, especially if you are going a pure play upgrade choice (choosing the same upgrade type twice if a tiered upgrade approach comes to fruition) to heavily impact the playstyle and function Viktor follows in the game.

Anyway, these are just random thoughts swimming around in my head, I appreciate any constructive feedback, for or against. Not necessarily every change would HAVE to be implemented for parts of these ideas to work or for some of the upgrade ideas to be mixed and matched amongst the upgrades. Obviously numbers would need to be worked out for the appropriate gold prices of upgrades, slow percentages, dmg numbers, etc, but I feel this may spark some new conversation for a rework that seems to be approaching a fairly long delay based on the Red posts.

Michael419

07-27-2013

What ever happened with this?