The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InverseChirality

07-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Duckies View Post
Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Well i played him because he looked cool as eff.

What i like is his midgame potential, as well as poke. Some people will say hes 'flexable' but hes really not, hes actually one of the least flexable mages. Always get Death Augment etc... I very much enjoy his abilities, i think the only problem i have with him is his low range/lack of mobility.
My favorite thing about Viktor is that he's flexible, and doesn't have glaring weaknesses. He feels like a mage that can't really be countercomped easily.

Against an assassin ? Put a few points in Q, and you can trade better than your opponent expects.

Against someone with poke? Death Ray + Augment Death is just as good as anyone else's poke.

I honestly feel like Viktor is one of the safest mages if you want to first pick. Compare to champions like Morgana or Xerath or Zyra or Ziggs or Lux. His midgame burst can be obscene, and honestly his super-late game is not nearly as bad as people think. Still does more damage than six item Lux or Morgana with his "five item build".

The problem with Viktor: only Augment: Death ever feels worth it, and your item builds feel very limited--especially due to the interaction between Liandry's and Rylai's in conjunction with Chaos Storm and Augment: Death.

Besides: playing a rarely played champion is awesome.

CMD Ruby Rose

07-15-2013

When is Sol gonna make another update? :c

Lucid1llusion

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterham View Post
When is Sol gonna make another update? :c
Agreed, curious about progress . . .

Elite Pikeman

07-16-2013

all will change but not soon =/

Djiimon

07-17-2013

Is this anything like you had in mind?

Keep in mind I made changes to the augments.

Hex Core
+3 AP per level

Augment: Death
Recipe: Hex Core
Combine Cost: 800 g (800 g total)
+54 AP
+10 Magic Penetration
Ability Augment: Death Ray torches the ground it touches for 3 seconds, causing enemies standing in the area to suffer 7/11.5/16/20.5/25 (+7% of AP) magic per second.

XYXYXYXYXYXYXY
Recipe: Augment: Death + Liandryís Torment
Combine Cost: 800 g (4500 g total)
+110 AP
+30 Magic Penetration
+400 Health
UNIQUE Passive: Dealing spell damage applies a damage-over-time effect that deals bonus magic damage equal to 2% of the target's current Health per second for 3 seconds. This bonus damage is doubled against movement-impaired units and capped at 100 damage per second vs. monsters.
Ability Augment: Death Ray torches the ground it touches for 3 seconds, causing enemies standing in the area to suffer 7/11.5/16/20.5/25 (+7% of AP) magic per second.

Augment: Power
Combine Cost: 1000 g (1000 g total)
+54 AP
+125 Health
Ability Augment: Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.

Crystalline Power Transmitter
Recipe: Augment: Power + Rylaiís Crystal Scepter
Combine Cost: 800 g (4500 g total)
+140 AP
+700 Health
UNIQUE Passive: Dealing spell damage slows the target's movement speed by 35% for 1.5 seconds (15% for multi-target and damage-over-time spells).
Ability Augment: Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.

Augment: Gravity
Combine Cost: 800 g (800 g total)
+54 AP
+100 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction
Ability Augment: Gravity Field's cast range is increased by 30%.

Blessed Mana Driver
Recipe: Augment: Gravity + Archangelís Staff
Combine Cost: 1000 g (4500 g total)
+120 AP
+375 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+14 Mana regeneration per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive: Insight: Gain ability power equal to 3% of your maximum Mana.
UNIQUE Passive: Mana Charge: Grants +8 maximum Mana (max +750 Mana) for each spell cast and Mana expenditure (occurs up to 2 times every 8 seconds).
(Transforms into Passion of the Ancients at +750 Mana)

Passion of the Ancients
Recipe: Augment: Gravity + Seraphís Embrace
Combine Cost: 1000 g (4500 g total)
+120 AP
+1125 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+20 Mana regeneration per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive: Insight: Gain ability power equal to 3% of your maximum Mana.
UNIQUE Active - Mana Shield: Drains 20% of your current Mana to shield yourself for an equal amount plus 150 for 3 seconds (120 second cooldown).

Morior Invictis

07-17-2013

Riot has forgotten Viktor again! Ha!

Sheogorath

07-17-2013

Let's see if we can get to 2 months!

Coaja94

07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
Let's see if we can get to 2 months!
Now that i've seen your name i think they should rename viktor's augment into....THE WABBAJACK !! Hehe ! didnt see that one coming eh?

RasMashenka

07-20-2013

Hey, so... It's been three days since the last post and -while I don't think it will happen- I don't want this thread to die.

Has anyone heard any news? With TF's reworked passive, and Janna's and Zilean's getting looked at, I'm curious about what is going on with Viktor's. He doesn't need a complete rework, but a bit of acknowledgement from a Red would be nice. Even a: "Hey, I'll take a look at it." or something is not too much to ask, right?

Zukuu1

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasMashenka View Post
Hey, so... It's been three days since the last post and -while I don't think it will happen- I don't want this thread to die.

Has anyone heard any news? With TF's reworked passive, and Janna's and Zilean's getting looked at, I'm curious about what is going on with Viktor's. He doesn't need a complete rework, but a bit of acknowledgement from a Red would be nice. Even a: "Hey, I'll take a look at it." or something is not too much to ask, right?
I heard he is busy starring at the ceiling, ignoring Viktor in the process.

Must be tough work.