The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CMD Ruby Rose

06-09-2013

Recent red posts? Am I dreaming?

CynicalGiant

06-09-2013

Have you thought about the Augments effecting QWE instead of just Q or W or E?

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

Personally I am willing to wait for the first change you really wanted there Solcrush, who knows the tech might come sooner during the wait.

That being said however, Viktor does want something done, what if you do this new idea now, and then later go back to what you really wanted?

That way both parties win, we get some Viktor love, you get some Viktor love. Its win-win really

Donohvan

06-09-2013

The only thing I don't like about current Viktor is his late game drop-off, although it seems that T2 augments would solve that. . . I'm excited!

P.S Also his base movement speed, maybe a little stealth buff is in order there?

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariachi Duck View Post
I don't get why the previous iteration can't be done with simply a less-elegant programming mechanism. What stops you from doing the following?:

Tier 0: Hex Core

Tier 1: 1000 gp
Augment: Death
Augment: Gravity
Augment: Power

Tier 2 (Gravity): 1000 gp
Augment: Gravity Death*
Augment: Gravity Power**

Tier 3 (Gravity Death): 1000 gp
Augment: Gravity Death Power

Tier 3 (Gravity Power): 1000 gp
Augment: Gravity Power Death

Tier 2 (Death): 1000 gp
Augment: Death Gravity
Augment: Death Power

Tier 3 (Death Gravity): 1000 gp
Augment: Death Gravity Power

Etc. etc. While this increases the number of items from 7 to 15, it does exactly what you want it to do with the current tech. It's a bit clunky, but it would give Viktor players the chance to test the play experience you had in mind before the tech rolls out to make it more cohesive and intuitive visually/interface-wise.
This is more along the lines if what I'd like to see. Making already in game items into the kit just limits his build. You could also carry over some of the initial upgrade into the others. Like if you started with death, the other abilities would gain a burn over time effect once you do the second and third upgrade. If you started with gravity, the others could gain a small range boost.

Saiffxiii

06-09-2013

"I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait"

Skoro

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
It is different because Viktor will not have the recipes.

i.e. Power upgrades into PowerGravity, Gravity upgrades into PowerGravity. But in either case, Viktor does not actually have the other Augment nor can he buy them.

This in the current store will require 2 separate items for the same one. Then multiply that by 3 for all the tier 2s and add another 3 for the tier 3 and you are looking at 10+ items for viktor alone, with half of them being duplicates.
What if instead the order mattered there would be justification for extra items? Like for tier 2, you get less passive stats (but same spell bonuses) for the new augment. (This would also combat the increased slot efficiency).

For example:
1) Choose Augment Death, have +45 AP and 30% laser burn
2) Add on Augment Gravity, creating Augment Death Gravity. You already now have +45 AP, 30% laser burn, +160 Mana (80% of mana given from Augment Gravity), +4 mana regen (80% of mana regen given from Augment Gravity), and +30% cast range on Gravity (unchanged from Augment Gravity)

Parallel Case:
Augment Gravity Death gives +200 Mana, +5 mana regen, 30% cast range on Gravity, +36 AP (80% AP of Augment Death), and 30% Death Ray burn.

Kchaosrei

06-09-2013

Quote:
Oh it will have to deal reduced damage if a target gets hit twice The number I was going to try out was 50% if the target had already been hit with Dray

that is still going to one shot an adc

Lighthorn

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.
Power: Liandry's
Gravity: Rylai's
Death: Lich Bane

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
Sorry, but Solcrushed, can you please clarify more of this? To me right now it looks like being able to apply a passive from an item to the hexcore. Is that right? Or do you mean by whatever the passive is that you get from the 2nd tier, won't stack with other similar passive from other items?

FireSkullDragon

06-09-2013

Great idea. Please dont change the ability mechanics already present. Thats what makes him "VIKTOR".