The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Crushed, are you still here with us?

Mouse Crouse

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Alright, seems like the idea passes the laugh test, will be trying it out. After all it's not like the previous iteration is going anywhere!
Ugh other then not feeling unique anymore (since it'll just be Lich Bane with slightly different stats) there's a bigger problem. Lets say I want the Death Augment to improve my laser to poke with. So I pick death, but because of my lane match-up I want to build Health and Magic Penetration. What do I do now? Building Liandry's as another item will now be TERRIBLY gold inefficient. It would actually restrict my builds more then ever.

Szahn

06-09-2013

I really like the sound of your first idea, having the augment build into a greater tier item over time. But since you can't do that now due to restrictions, perhaps something as simple as making his passive item sit in his passive slot instead of an inventory slot would be a good temporary fix?

That way people get a descent fix to a character they enjoy, and then you can lay the groundwork for your preferred change and then implement it down the track.

ViashinoWizard

06-09-2013

Quote:
Good point, I haven't thought through this completely and Liandry's makes more sense on pokes. I was going to test an iteration for T1 where instead of the burn, the laser sweeps back (retracing its steps). If that works out Liandry's would make a lot of sense on E2
The laser's kind of slow. This sounds like it would be really hard to hit twice against people near where the laser starts. Maybe instead of sweeping back, the laser leaves a glowing red line that detonates once the laser reaches the end?

MyNameIsDonovan

06-09-2013

Quote:
Oh it will have to deal reduced damage if a target gets hit twice The number I was going to try out was 50% if the target had already been hit with Dray
Solcrushed, you scared/excited me for a second there. A double Dray would be borderline OP. Damage reduction is a must, but I like the idea, sounds cool

Szahn

06-09-2013

Also slightly off the rework topic, I don't suppose you can give us any update on Viktor's rumored skin, Solocrushed?

XElement

06-09-2013

Quote:
Bad news guys

The tech we need for the proposed iteration of Viktor will not be available for a long time (Think like S4)

While I liked the direction, I do not want to delay this for that long and will be exploring other directions. I'll make another post later in the day about an iteration I am considering. Sorry guys

TL; DR: I suck
T_T
So after 9 months turns out the idea can't happen for a very long time?

Sharptooth

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.
Power: Liandry's
Gravity: Rylai's
Death: Lich Bane

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
What are your thoughts on :
Power: Lich Bane (speed boost medium range attack would go great with slipping in a auto attack after the power transfer)
Gravity: DFG ( Not the %hp damage but the %increase with subsequent attacks. It would make getting caught in the field even more dreadful for the enemy!)
Death: Rylais ( Kind of like the heat ray lacerates the enemy making them move slow. Great for closing in on the enemy with a successful long range skillshot)

The upgrade put in this way seems to not only make the designated skill cooler but provides more utility to combo into your kit making a interesting and cohesive strategic choice on each upgrade path.

XElement

06-09-2013

Quote:
Good point, I haven't thought through this completely and Liandry's makes more sense on pokes. I was going to test an iteration for T1 where instead of the burn, the laser sweeps back (retracing its steps). If that works out Liandry's would make a lot of sense on E2
Well issue here is.
Q is close range, so makes sense for Lich bane to be stacked with Power, since you are already in range to AA and use it.
E having Lichbane is bad because, well ifl we are poking from far away. We aren't in range for our AA so most likely won't get to use the LIchbane proc.

As a player who loves E, I know I tend to be using it from out of my AA range. If I wanted a Lichbane proc ti would be when I used my Q since I'm already gettinging into close range.

Quote:
Oh it will have to deal reduced damage if a target gets hit twice The number I was going to try out was 50% if the target had already been hit with Dray
Hmm, I like it but will the laser still be the same speed? Because I fear it would be two slow for this to truly work.
I mean, you can already basically clear waves with the laser or at elast he casters. So this idea would let us finish off a wave easily.

But, laning wise. i wonder how many enemies are just goign to get hit by the second laser.
Also, would we be able to control the laser's retract time? Like can we stop its range and have it come back to get the doulbe hit?

XElement

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeLobster View Post
What are your thoughts on :
Power: Lich Bane (speed boost medium range attack would go great with slipping in a auto attack after the power transfer)
Gravity: DFG ( Not the %hp damage but the %increase with subsequent attacks. It would make getting caught in the field even more dreadful for the enemy!)
Death: Rylais ( Kind of like the heat ray lacerates the enemy making them move slow. Great for closing in on the enemy with a successful long range skillshot)

The upgrade put in this way seems to not only make the designated skill cooler but provides more utility to combo into your kit making a interesting and cohesive strategic choice on each upgrade path.
This idea sounds very interesting IMO.

Power + Lich Bane seems to go together in my mind. Q is close range, with the T1 Power you'll have MS boost, so you can easily get in a LB power'd AA in there and get out just fine. Be great for kiters.

Gravity with DFG sounds very interesting. Actually kidna sounds OP in teamfights. Lay a trap down in the middle of enemeis then u lt on them and watch that extra burst bomb them. I'd actually feel interested to take this, plus the cast boost allows better ganks and set ups for your all in combo.

Death with Rylai's, well IMO this is ideal for me.
I use my E to wear my foes down. If I want to Q, a player will catch on easily because...I need to move up to hit them.
So, my laser slowly them would allow me to do this a lot easier.