The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilous7 View Post
Would it be possible to just include all of the recipes in duplicate, instead of making a bandaid fix, and then making another fix on top of that?
As a note, it may be possible to have the store detect which item you currently possess, then offer you different choices.

I mean, it perhaps should be a simple "if Viktor has Power, make Viktor-item-choices PowerDeath and PowerGravity".

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Btw, are you going to post pictures like Xelnath did? That would be so awesome!

Mouse Crouse

06-09-2013

I'm sad the old rework isn't working out... really liked that idea. And I really don't like the core-becomes-a-'real-item'-knockoff idea. It just doesn't seem 'cool'. It's like saying "we're sorry Viktor is stuck with a 6th item, so we'll just make it an existing item". Sure the stats are 'different', but that doesn't' change the item. Might as well not have the core if it's just gonna be a slightly altered Lich Bane. Because I can build a Lich bane.

Edit: The original idea just felt so EVOLUTION. And that was perfect. I'm sorry teh tech isn't keeping up with your awesome ideas.

M3TASH33P

06-09-2013

So its kind of like making his passive into an item that exists already, but has slightly different stats and is fairly cheap? That's what i got out of this.

Adding new effects to his augmented spells seems awesome too, please take him in the direction of KZ and make all the augments useful

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

What if you were to mix Kha'Zix's evoultion design and Viktor's evolution design? Bear with me.

You buy the "Blue Augment" (not augment gravity), which gives you the CDR and mana regen, but no ability improvement. When you rank up your ultimate, you can choose 1 of your skills to "upgrade" following the build path you have chosen (in this case blue). This would give a minor version of an ability augment. Choosing for instance Gravity twice would cause you to get the ability upgrade it has now, and you could choose it a third time to upgrade the width of the field (for example).

If you were to choose "Red Augment" and gravity field, the skill would deal damage to enemies in the field, thus allowing you to proc Rylai's and Liandry's, for instance.

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

I'm curious on the item master path, as much as I did find the evolution path interesting.

I would like to know if there's currently the technology for a passive to be leveled up towards a path? For example, you start the game with the possibility of going the evolution path or the item master path? I still think of Viktor as the ''I choose my own way'' kind of champion, thus the multiple paths.

Obviously, this is a tremendous amount of work over a single champion with balance and tech and all, simply throwing this idea out there.
Anyway, keep up the good work (don't overwork yourself!), and keep on trying things for the glorious evolution

Rocky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

As a non-viktor player, I think his skill-set is lame and lackluster.

Laser- A skillshot that moves at the speed of snail and is probably hard to aim/hit

Power Transfer- random bola that gives me shield!!!!

stun field- Probably his only cool skill.

ult - cloud of death that people just walk away from.. lame.

passive - does he even have one?

item - lame, needs a third evolution to be worth the item slot.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
As a non-viktor player, I think his skill-set is lame and lackluster.

Laser- A skillshot that moves at the speed of snail and is probably hard to aim/hit

Power Transfer- random bola that gives me shield!!!!

stun field- Probably his only cool skill.

ult - cloud of death that people just walk away from.. lame.

passive - does he even have one?

item - lame, needs a third evolution to be worth the item slot.
Before you guys downvote him, he does have a point. It's very easy to feel this way about Viktor, and this is what Riot is trying to change.

Rivenholt

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Good point, I haven't thought through this completely and Liandry's makes more sense on pokes. I was going to test an iteration for T1 where instead of the burn, the laser sweeps back (retracing its steps). If that works out Liandry's would make a lot of sense on E2
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of was Master Hand? Even if it is, I like the idea. Definitely reasonable for some high damage, since it wouldn't have the width of Boomerang Blade or Orb of Deception.

Ferreira Pedro

06-09-2013

To be honest, I'm satisfied with Viktor. If anything has to change, I would change his passive.