The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mundo

06-09-2013

What if his staff had a 3rd upgrade? Pretend his staff is a blast wand. So if you had a Negatron, you can combine the 2 for a new upgrade which would give the same stats as it already does but with the addition of the unique from Abyssal Staff?

Name:  Untitled33.jpg
Views: 4887
Size:  31.3 KB

You could have one for Rabadon for instance that would ask you to combine a Needlessly Large staff with Augment and you would gain +80 AP along with Rabadons passive and Augment stats.

PirateGlen

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Good point, I haven't thought through this completely and Liandry's makes more sense on pokes. I was going to test an iteration for T1 where instead of the burn, the laser sweeps back (retracing its steps). If that works out Liandry's would make a lot of sense on E2
As "fun" as this all sounds. My fear is that this will make Viktor stronger when he's already really strong. I think it would be pretty easy to only tinker with Viktor's late game slot problem by making a t3 option that gives whatever upgrade selected consumable to apply a permanent buff to Viktor with the affects of the item and free up the slot. You just pay back the item efficiency for slot efficiency.

Necron99

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.
Power: Liandry's
Gravity: Rylai's
Death: Lich Bane

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.

i really really like this cause this is exactly what he is missing from not having a 6th item slot is the powerful on use or passive effect

but i think if u really feel ur first idea is better then this and we have to wait till s4 im sure people will be ok with waiting we have been waiting long enough i think we can handle viktor the way he is for a while longer

so insted while we wait how about you get those guys at the skin department to make dark harvester a legendary or ultimate skin =)

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
As "fun" as this all sounds. My fear is that this will make Viktor stronger when he's already really strong. I think it would be pretty easy to only tinker with Viktor's late game slot problem by making a t3 option that gives whatever upgrade selected consumable to apply a permanent buff to Viktor with the affects of the item and free up the slot. You just pay back the item efficiency for slot efficiency.
But this is a buff to his late game, which does need a buff. Ain't nobody got the money for that mid game.

ShiznazTM

06-09-2013

Quote:
p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
I would prefer the wait to be honest, but something needs to be done to Viktor now, it's been too long without seeing him in any realm of play. Possibly make his passive scale 3/4/5AP/level; if you could look into some kind of buff or change that's minor, it would be wonderful until you can make him as complex as possible.

Viktor is the Machine Herald

If you want him to feel high-tech, complex, and adaptable; the player base should be loyal and think of it as definitely worth the wait in my opinion.

Bydlarius0

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.
Power: Liandry's
Gravity: Rylai's
Death: Lich Bane
This is precisely how I myself envisioned tweaked Viktor. The difference is that I thought that the second tier should be automatically obtained at Lv.18 instead of being bought.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

This is like Christmas. Solcrushed, why do you never meet my expectations?? I expect you to be active on your Viktor thread once you make it, you fail to do that. I expect you to be active on your Viktor thread once you necro it, you don't do that. I expect you to be short of cool ideas once you start participating in the thread, you come up with this extremely cool idea. Solcrushed stahp please. STAHP.

Patrick face

Recruiter

06-09-2013

Retracing on the laser sounds awesome, just sayin'.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick face View Post
Retracing on the laser sounds awesome, just sayin'.
It also sounds incredibly overpowered, just sayin'. I mean, it's like... two lasers in one. I can literally oneshot ALL the squishies with a double laser.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-09-2013
16 of 20 Riot Posts

Alright, seems like the idea passes the laugh test, will be trying it out. After all it's not like the previous iteration is going anywhere!