The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Still Eternity

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archadion View Post
That sounds fantastic. It suits him as someone who wants to evolve to perfection because perfection is relative to your situation. But at the same time it's different to Kha'Zix's evolution style because Viktor uses mechanical power to evolve himself. If he's fighting a tanky team with low damage but MS steroids, he can upgrade his Death augment with a Rylai's passive. He doesn't need the health from Rylai's, but the slow is useful. Any other champion in the same situation would be stuck with extra, pointless stats. Viktor can get the strengths of whatever he desires, without its weaknesses. Everything he does and builds is optimized, perfected for the task it needs to perform.
Now THIS is an idea I can get behind.

Kovah

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.
Power: Liandry's
Gravity: Rylai's
Death: Lich Bane

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
this!!! yes!

Super Explosion

06-09-2013

Quote:
It is different because Viktor will not have the recipes.

i.e. Power upgrades into PowerGravity, Gravity upgrades into PowerGravity. But in either case, Viktor does not actually have the other Augment nor can he buy them.

This in the current store will require 2 separate items for the same one. Then multiply that by 3 for all the tier 2s and add another 3 for the tier 3 and you are looking at 10+ items for viktor alone, with half of them being duplicates.
Although Solcrushed-- couldn't you have him buy the 'item' as a self buff? Similar to how Elixirs work if you don't have inventory space.

Mestergrog

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
That's a pretty nice idea: we could have the Lich Bane passive without having to buy Sheen, or the Rylai's slow without needing to put money into a Giant's Belt. With this I could buy RoA for my HP instead

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Solcrushed, this is a general summary of what I'd like Viktor's skillset to be:

Q: slight range buff. Augmented, I'd like to be able to keep an "almost" constant shield to sustain late game and become tanky because of the shield sustain.

W: it's perfect right now. Augmented, I'd like to be able to stun and ulting Master Yi.

E: very very slight speed buff (very) to make it feel more fluid. Augmented, it's good as it is.

R: Please make it faster. Please.

I hope this helped. Dunno if my fellow Viktor players agree.

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

I don't like the idea of tying even more items to his skills. I think it will limit his ability to counterbuild vs teams, and it will really limit build freedom in general.

AR Manimal

06-09-2013

Quote:

For example.

Awesome, I'd say go ahead and play around with this and try to get it available ASAP.

AntiSkillshot

06-09-2013

Quote:
Good point, I haven't thought through this completely and Liandry's makes more sense on pokes. I was going to test an iteration for T1 where instead of the burn, the laser sweeps back (retracing its steps). If that works out Liandry's would make a lot of sense on E2
Whoa, that'd be sick.

JoshiaHerox

06-09-2013

I personally prefer the wait; however, I haven't play Viktor in a while, but the idea of combining augments definitely got me excited to try him again. So for me the wait is bearable and definitely worth it.

MaitreJoris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

I actually wish the free stat on his passive is not level-based, but skill-based instead.

Each skill will give an additional stat depending on its level.

Like Power Transfer : at lv 5, Hextech core will give 10% spell vamp.

Or something instead of 3 AP/ Level.