The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Giant Boulder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait

Eyrgos

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
There we go. This is epic. What do you mean by "that will not stack with said item in question"?
He means you'd get the Liandry's passive in this "power item" but it wouldn't stack side-by-side with a Liandry's (in other words, he's just reiterating the "unique passive" function).

Btw, SolCrushed--I love this idea and fully subscribe to it... giving Viktor options & efficiency in terms of items that others cannot possess is epic & totally suits his theme/archetype/niche.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

To be honest I actually prefer this iteration, because it allows Viktor to specialize into something. He becomes a burst caster, supporty caster or bruiser caster this way, without being a weird mix of two of those thing.

Super Explosion

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
It means you can't do double your AP damage on autos if you have AugDeath2 and Lichbane
Well one issue is making Viktor stand out. Stats tend not to do this unless they are extremely and noticeably above average.

As for replicating other item effects, it would need to be differentiated from existing items.

A champion should have at least one unique feature that the champion can be picked for and noticed for. (Blitz grab, Nocturne DARKNESS, Singed poison, and the like.)

So I would definitely recommend against just replicating existing basic item effects.

You could make him like an item-based longer-term Nidalee transform, where his build more heavily affects his skills than usual.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Would you be able to merge each augment with more than one item or would it be just one?

imweasel09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.
Power: Liandry's
Gravity: Rylai's
Death: Lich Bane

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
Those effects don't quite seem to match what the augments already do though. Rylai's on gravity I can kinda see, but how often is a viktor maxing/augmenting E going to be in range to chuck autos. Someone going Q is going to get much more use out of that since they're goign to be kiting with the speed boost but shorter range on Q. But that means moving the liandry's on E but that makes it kinda bland because t1 is burn and t2 is burn + more burn.

I could also see maybe rylai's on Q, making it more of a literal power transfer. He's not just stealing HP to make a shield anymore he's making you slower while he gets faster, effectively transferring movement speed which I would think works thematically with him. I don't how how powerful that would be balance wise though (especially if he went furor boots) and I wouldn't' know what to put on W as a replacement since tacking damage effects on gravity would feel weird. These are all sort of initial thought i had, I quite like the idea and it might actually make his passive worth an item slot.

Archadion

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
That sounds fantastic. It suits him as someone who wants to evolve to perfection because perfection is relative to your situation. But at the same time it's different to Kha'Zix's evolution style because Viktor uses mechanical power to evolve himself. If he's fighting a tanky team with low damage but MS steroids, he can upgrade his Death augment with a Rylai's passive. He doesn't need the health from Rylai's, but the slow is useful. Any other champion in the same situation would be stuck with extra, pointless stats. Viktor can get the strengths of whatever he desires, without its weaknesses. Everything he does and builds is optimized, perfected for the task it needs to perform.

Patrick face

Recruiter

06-09-2013

Is there a huge issue in creating the 10+ items in order to keep the previous idea? I'm no programmer, but that doesn't seem like it would be a whole ton of work. I really like the idea of combining cores, it just seems much more Viktor than the other proposed idea.

That Other Guy

06-09-2013

Quote:

For example.
IF you're going to do this Liandrey's and Lich Bane should be switched as they would synergize with those augments much better.

I still think we're better off either waiting for the tech or going another direction though.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-09-2013
15 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imweasel09 View Post
Those effects don't quite seem to match what the augments already do though. Rylai's on gravity I can kinda see, but how often is a viktor maxing/augmenting E going to be in range to chuck autos. Someone going Q is going to get much more use out of that since they're goign to be kiting with the speed boost but shorter range on Q. But that means moving the liandry's on E but that makes it kinda bland because t1 is burn and t2 is burn + more burn.

I could also see maybe rylai's on Q, making it more of a literal power transfer. He's not just stealing HP to make a shield anymore he's making you slower while he gets faster, effectively transferring movement speed which I would think works thematically with him. I don't how how powerful that would be balance wise though (especially if he went furor boots) and I wouldn't' know what to put on W as a replacement since tacking damage effects on gravity would feel weird. These are all sort of initial thought i had, I quite like the idea and it might actually make his passive worth an item slot.
Good point, I haven't thought through this completely and Liandry's makes more sense on pokes. I was going to test an iteration for T1 where instead of the burn, the laser sweeps back (retracing its steps). If that works out Liandry's would make a lot of sense on E2