The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrBleck

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBleck View Post
Unlike Xerath, who has a specific niche role that he executed unsatisfactorily, Viktor's "unique" kit is a mishmash of ideas that don't seem to really have much to do with his overall design; his Q and R spells don't really feel like they have anything to do with Viktor's whole cyborg deal, and while his W makes sense thematically, the spell itself seems fairly uninspired and unintuitive (it's basically Veigar's Event Horizon, except with a smaller cast range, smaller area of effect and less reliable stun). Also, his passive seems like it's a good idea on paper, but is essentially a less satisfying and more restrictive version of Kha'Zix evolution mechanics (Kha'Zix evolutions don't cost money, nor do they force him to sacrifice an item slot with an item that can be either bad, bad or mediocre).

Basically, it seems to me as though when people say they like the 'uniqueness' of Viktor's kit, they're pretty much just referring to his Death Ray, which is itself famously buggy and/or clunky. Can we all maybe agree that Viktor would be best served with a full remake rather than a half-assed tweaking to a kit that was, arguably, already half-assed?
Also, why does Viktor only have three fingers on his robotic hand? Does he somehow think that having less fingers is somehow an improvement? Little things like this bother me.

Ornithopter

06-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
It is different because Viktor will not have the recipes.

i.e. Power upgrades into PowerGravity, Gravity upgrades into PowerGravity. But in either case, Viktor does not actually have the other Augment nor can he buy them.

This in the current store will require 2 separate items for the same one. Then multiply that by 3 for all the tier 2s and add another 3 for the tier 3 and you are looking at 10+ items for viktor alone, with half of them being duplicates.
Why not just make Viktor like Kha'Zix?

You could keep the hex core, and put a new item in the shop called "Evolution Core" or something. When you buy it, you get to augment an ability at levels 6, 11, and 16.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-09-2013
13 of 20 Riot Posts

So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.
Power: Liandry's
Gravity: Rylai's
Death: Lich Bane

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Quote:
So the iteration I'm tossing around in my head right now is something like this.

1st tier: Similar to how it currently works on live (with some effects moved around etc.)

2nd tier: Grants a flagship unique item passive (that will not stack with said item in question) among those that are currently in the item shop, while increasing stats.

For example.

This takes Viktor in a different direction from the previous iteration (where he became PERFECT) to more of a item master, more in the scientist-ish I would think. (The coolness factor being that Viktor will be the only one to have the passive with a unique mix of stats, for example he can have rylai's effect with CDR) What do you guys think?

p.s.: "I would prefer the previous iteration even with the wait" is also a great answer, please say so if you are more inclined in that way.
There we go. This is epic. What do you mean by "that will not stack with said item in question"?

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

I think it's fine that you keep the augments the way they are now for tier 1, but power needs spellvamp instead of flat health. It scales better.

Zero Suit Senpai

06-09-2013

Quote:
For example.
I think this is actually quite a good idea. I just hope that, whatever you do with the items, you give Viktor players a reason to build into augments that aren't just Death. Currently I only ever see Viktor players upgrade laser, because it is flat-out better than the other two options in almost every case.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-09-2013
14 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
There we go. This is epic. What do you mean by "that will not stack with said item in question"?
It means you can't do double your AP damage on autos if you have AugDeath2 and Lichbane

Weegee7

06-09-2013

I like the new direction. Obviously needs more work, but you're onto something.
Maybe you can add even more item passives to emphasize him being an item "master."

Another thing, if you wanna give Viktor the Lich Bane passive, make some sort of change to him to make a basic attack feel good during team fights. I probably wouldn't build Lich Bane on live Viktor.

Sheogorath

06-09-2013

Quote:
It means you can't do double your AP damage on autos if you have AugDeath2 and Lichbane
Ah, that does make sense. It's like buying two of that item (in this case lich bane).

AntiSkillshot

06-09-2013

Quote:

For example.

This confuses me a little, then again, it's probably my Asperger's kicking in with what you said.

Let me think and read this over till I understand it. Will edit in the future.

Edit: so, you're saying, make a Lich Bane/Rylai's/Liandry's like item for Viktor for a possible third tier?