The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The McSmashy

06-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy1337 View Post
so then late game when the augment does fall off its my fault for playing viktor and not winning the game b4 late game happens? and it wouldnt be that op look at viger he has six slots and he can get massive ap due to something thats not even his passive i really dont think its unrealistic for the augment to leave the inventory cause in that 6th slot whats gonna go in there thats gonna break the game warmogs? liandrys?GA?
Veigar is entirely single target burst except for a delayed AoE and a situational stun. Meanwhile Viktor has single target burst that shields him, AoE hard CC and far better zone denial, high damage AoE line skillshot and a big burst on his ult. Veigar is designed around the phrase 'TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DAMAGE', Viktor isn't.

Well, lets look at fair items for Viktor. RoA is kinda core because he's short ranged and has highish mana costs, Deathcap is a must, then what? Void Staff and Liandrys for pure damage? Or Abyssal and Hourglass for tank? No matter what there's a sixth item that'd really help, whether it's more defense (Abyssal/Hourglass) or more offense (Void/Liandrys/Deathfire) or you can be a freak and build Muramana for Q procs.

Viktor is a decently strong mage right now, just not top tier. Giving him an extra item slot would suddenly make him way too strong lategame, and even midgame when he might be running into a cramped inventory.

CyanideSprite

06-06-2013

Solcrushed, after Viktor, what is your next project? A few months ago, you said you were tasked with an eventual Twitch adjustment to make his kit a bit less clunky (if I remember right you had some ideas of shifting some of the steroids around from Q to W or something). Is that still in the eventual pipeline?

Coldmanj

06-06-2013

only things i find frustrating at times is his colldowns. and the other options for his augments just never were attractive compared to the laser augment

DaReelSlimShady

06-06-2013

I'm really glad you guys are doing this on Viktor, he needs the love. Right now he feels like a joke champion, everytime i play him mid everyone wants me to switch, which sucks because he's my favorite to go mid. On the other hand, i do like it when the enemy team forgets how he plays due to the lack of viktor's being played. Definitely gives an advantage.

I think the thing that people who haven't feel in love with him right off the bat is that item slot that's taken away. Would it be possible to make it an optional buy, like with rengar's bonetooth necklace? Something along the lines of his passive gives bonus AP per level, and from there you can choose the augment? That way to get the most out of him is to still use his original setup, but newcomers to Viktor don't feel so restricted and are more open to playing him

Necron99

06-06-2013

so if u are lvl 18 have death augment,death cap,rylas,sorc boots,void staff, and lich bane
and are rocking 21/0/9
and magic pen red and flat ap every thign else b4 flasks
u will have

hp:2289
mp:1570
mp5:18
ap:689
magic pen:23/40%
cdr:3%
arm:84
mr:30

then after flask ur lookin at
hp:2523
ap:743
cdr:13%

so a 29 ap loss from a 120 ap item but ur missing out on ither 10% cdr and a really powerful burst or 50 armor and 2.5 secs of ass saving goodness assuming u go death cap

cause as it is right now with the build i used the laser dot ticks for roughly 50-60 dmg

now if u were to say have an item like liandrys ur gonna lose 49 ap but get 15 more magic pen and 300 hp plus 2-4% current hp burn

so in the end it looks like the stats dont hurt to bad but the really really good passives off the items

so i think the best option to go is more augments be able to pick what else u want on ur augment maybe a few bonus stats then a good use ability or another good passive ability

maybe have the first 3 augments like we have then depending on which u choose u get three more for each one death has 3 gravity has 3 different ones and lastly power has 3 different ones also

Sheogorath

06-06-2013

I summon thee, magical pony! Show us the way!

AlainAwakens

06-06-2013

Im a viktor main, yea, i really like the fact that youre actually caring about him, but i'd like if the only thing you change or upgrade were his passive, and maybe Q's range, i feel like everything else is just perfect as it is.

Sheogorath

06-06-2013

So... this new ultimate skin.. is Dark Harvester, right?

tedweird

06-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
We will be trying out a version where he can 'merge' the augments together by spending more gold.
i know i'm really late to the party, but this makes me really excited!

Necron99

06-07-2013

well they said they are keeping the new ultimate skin in the DARK =P