The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-04-2013
9 of 20 Riot Posts

Slight update: Unfortunately not much since there hasn't been too much progress.

Prototype is finished thanks to the Pony, but we need store-related tech to be able to fully realize some of the things we want to do. Playtesting time has been crunched due to Aatrox and some other characters-that-shall-not-be-named.

We will go into small scale testing soon, hopefully there will be more info to give out in a few days.

Uiin

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Slight update: Unfortunately not much since there hasn't been too much progress.

Prototype is finished thanks to the Pony, but we need store-related tech to be able to fully realize some of the things we want to do. Playtesting time has been crunched due to Aatrox and some other characters-that-shall-not-be-named.

We will go into small scale testing soon, hopefully there will be more info to give out in a few days.
Yay, news! Any plans on making his laser more responsive?

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-04-2013
10 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiin View Post
Yay, news! Any plans on making his laser more responsive?
Can you be more specific about that?

Uiin

06-04-2013

Quote:
It just feels clunky to use. The drag and drop nature of it is fine and I like that it can be used on the move but the slight delay between aiming and firing has always bugged me. I tried smart casting so it would fire right away but that just meant I didn't have time to cancel out of it. This could just be a personal grievance though.

MagnissimusPrime

06-04-2013

Quote:
Playtesting time has been crunched due to Aatrox and some other characters-that-shall-not-be-named.
give us a hint do you think viktor would get along with this mystery person?

also good luck on this i dont mid much but viktor's one of my favorites.

Super Explosion

06-04-2013

Quote:
Basically, pretty please make it so that if you're casting beyond max starting range, Viktor doesn't stop and move that way to do it.

The cast while moving ability is almost nullified by this effect.

It would probably be nice if he cast it along the vector you input from where he's standing if you draw it outside the max range to start.

It would just begin at the max starting range line and go out along the input vector.

Zykezero

06-04-2013

I've played viktor, and I've played against him. I never could fully utilize him how people do when I play against him. I guess I just don't quite get him. But I wish that I could have helped during the process! think the right decision is upgraded cores though, I don't think his kit is too far off, his laser may be a tiny bit slow maybe. again, i don't play him so take that with a grain of salt.

Sorry to hear your work got backed up. But any gamer worth anything will say prefer a polished product instead of a "we'll patch it later" champion/game.

Yemaco

06-04-2013

now that ive been playing vik since he came out, and destroy in ranked with him, i say DONT TOUCH HIM. oh no he cant buy a 6th item, well that staff is one of the best cost ratio early game item,s i rush it and destroy mid. hes a early game champo that i build well can get to late game and still carry hard, so add somthing but dont change to much, what he does need is

NEW SKINS!!!!!

NoGoodInGoodbye

06-04-2013

Quote:

Lucian? I'm hopeful.

Djiimon

06-04-2013

Can someone explain to me how the stats on Viktor's augments are"extremely" gold-efficient? Especially considering that none of them provide enough statistics to even equal the gold cost. and before anyone says that it's because you get up to 54 additional AP and an ability augment, neither of these can honestly be factored into the augment's gold value. With the 54 AP you gain that as a PASSIVE effect that will occur regardless of the player spending 1000 gold to get an augment. Secondly, the ability augment can't be considered to be part of the gold cost because all other champions with evolving spells (Kha'zix/Syndra) get such effects for free and don't have to holdup their itemization to get any particular augment. So please, someone explain how the augments are so "gold-efficient."