The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bob the Hobo

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
So one of the biggest reasons I like this iteration is actually the ability to 'color-code' the augments.

For example since Q is yellow and E is red... if we allow you to merge Q and E what color would that be?.........(drumroll)........ ORANGE!!

The stats will probably be nerfed, they are EXTREMELY gold efficient because they take up a slot late game, if we give slot efficiency back it is difficult to justify the gold efficiency.
Why not have both a tier 3 Augment Evolution and a Combo option?

Script Lord

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranium View Post
Hey guys, after some more Viktor experimenting in Season 3, here's my little input on Augments.

I think merging the augments takes away the feeling of "specialization" in play. Although it is one of the more basic and perhaps effective solutions requiring only a balance in numbers to stabilize, perhaps there is another basic solution to keeping the unique "specialization" to Viktor.

Think of this:

You will still select an augment to choose from, Death, Gravity, Power... whichever you want.

Now, after you purchase that, you may purchase another upgrade on the Augment you currently have, adding stats and effects. To further add the adaptive mechanics (adapt or be removed), you will have one of a few choices. These choices are different based on the initial base augment you chose to stick with.

For example, you have the following:

Augment: Power - Health, health regen, movement speed on power cast

Augment: Death - Ability power, extra burn damage on laser

Augment: Gravity - Increased cast range, mana regen, CDR

Rather than that being the end of it, there would be another upgrade for another 1000 gold. Actually, there would be three upgrades for each.

The first one would be a full on upgrade of the currently augment. You really enjoy the augment you chose and want to stick to that playstyle. Augment: Death may now grant an extra 30 AP and a bonus 10% burn damage. It may also have a third effect: Granting vision for a few seconds where the laser scorched.

Power may increase health by an extra 250, increase health regen by an extra amount, and increase the speed boost by another 5%. It's extra effect may be to take half the shield amount left after the shield duration and convert it into either mana or HP or maybe even both... (after all it is power transfering).

Gravity may increase CDR by an extra 5% and increase the range by another 10% while giving a little bit more mana regen. And maybe the extra effect could make the Gravity field radius bigger or make it act faster (The stun occurs quicker) or maybe we can even increase the stun duration, whatever works.

Let's name these Death 2.0, Power 2.0, and Gravity 2.0 for arbitrary purposes. But let's say you're against a Leblanc and you went gravity, or you went Augment: power but you really want some more damage because that's what your team needs.

Here is where the idea of merging comes to play (Despite the fact that I said I disliked the idea of merging augments earlier)

Look at these quickly

1. +15 Armor / MR, +200 HP (Tank)
2. +10% CDR, +6% MS (Utility)
3. +40 AP (Damage)

Something along those lines. Only two of the three will be available to upgrade into as well as the full on 2.0 upgrade. If you have Augment: Death, you may either upgrade into Death 2.0, the tank, or the utility (Note you still retain the stats and effect of Death).

If you have Augment: Power you can only upgrade into Power 2.0, damage, or utility.
If you have Augment: Gravity you can only upgrade into Gravity 2.0, damage, or tank.

Basically this is the point in the game where you chose your augment but now can adapt to the game. You can either feel confident with the initial Augment you chose and continue upgrading it to a similar branch or you can feel uncomfortable and need different added stats to help.

Lastly there will be one more upgrade which will not give stats but instead something else >.

This last augment will upgrade your beautiful creation, Chaos Storm. It will also be based on your initial Augment as well.

For Power pickers, the Storm will move much faster and actually reduce Armor / Resistance.

For Augment: Death, the Storm will deal extra initial damage and damage overtime and an added bonus may be something like exploding at the end of the cloud duration.

For Gravity guys the Storm may, well..., slow you or even bring champions closer towards the Storm. Or something else, I'm not sure.

The price may be another 1000 gold and cannot be bought unless the augment has been upgraded twice.

So a path may be something like this:
Full AP -> Augment: Death -> Augment: Death 2.0 -> Augment: Death Storm???

Or if you are getting wrecked in lane but bought an Augment: Death early
Getting wrecked in lane -> Augment: Death -> Augment: Death/Tank -> Augment Death/Tank Storm (I'm not good with nomenclature).

Or you really want to go that Tank / CDR / Utility Viktor
Augment: Power -> Augment: Power 2.0 or Augment:Power/Utility -> Augment: Power/Utility Storm

Basically you're evolving Viktor as the game moves on and having the ability to choose what path you want Viktor to build into. Maybe you can't buy the first Augment until level 6, then 11, then 16.

Think of it as adding extra unique items to Viktor as the game progresses.

Thoughts?
I would feel 1000x times better playing as Viktor if this was how his passive worked.

Talamare

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
So one of the biggest reasons I like this iteration is actually the ability to 'color-code' the augments.

For example since Q is yellow and E is red... if we allow you to merge Q and E what color would that be?.........(drumroll)........ ORANGE!!

The stats will probably be nerfed, they are EXTREMELY gold efficient because they take up a slot late game, if we give slot efficiency back it is difficult to justify the gold efficiency.
They aren't extremely gold efficient
Assuming his passive is 3 AP per level

Death = ~900g
Gravity = ~900g
Power = ~800g

I separate regen stats because regen is horribly overcosted in base items

Talamare

05-13-2013

DO NOT COMBINE HIS AUGMENTS

We do not want every Viktor to be the same at 18, Viktor is unique at the moment that each augment outlines a very powerful and different build path for Viktor

Gaminex

05-14-2013

Any word on that Viktor skin that was leaked. Is there any chance that you may release a skin for Vik sometime before or after this rework? Sorry but Dark Harvestor Viktor sounds too awesome, I'd love to see that go somewhere.

GeneralJack

05-14-2013

The biggest thing stopping me from playing Viktor is the fact that to get the most of out him requires you to be good with vector skill shots, making him over reliant on his death ray. I mean, when was the last time Viktor players augmented anything other than his E?

Orothrim

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
They aren't extremely gold efficient
Assuming his passive is 3 AP per level

Death = ~900g
Gravity = ~900g
Power = ~800g

I separate regen stats because regen is horribly overcosted in base items
Where do you get these stats? As I have never heard anyone claim his death augment was anything but extremely gold efficient.

Desmond Law

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJack View Post
The biggest thing stopping me from playing Viktor is the fact that to get the most of out him requires you to be good with vector skill shots, making him over reliant on his death ray. I mean, when was the last time Viktor players augmented anything other than his E?
I build power trans Viktor. You mad bro?

tainteddaze

05-14-2013

I like the core change ideas so far. it sounds a lot better. Reason I didn't like playing him cause I felt like I was losing power compared to other casters merging all cores together would solve this problem for me and would make me want to upgrade them.

Talamare

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orothrim View Post
Where do you get these stats? As I have never heard anyone claim his death augment was anything but extremely gold efficient.
I did the math myself by taking the cost of base items that provide the relevant stats