The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naritori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
So one of the biggest reasons I like this iteration is actually the ability to 'color-code' the augments.

For example since Q is yellow and E is red... if we allow you to merge Q and E what color would that be?.........(drumroll)........ ORANGE!!

The stats will probably be nerfed, they are EXTREMELY gold efficient because they take up a slot late game, if we give slot efficiency back it is difficult to justify the gold efficiency.
I'm fine with stat nerfing to compensate for the sake that his augment will be seen as having 'late-game' potential now. I really love his death-ray augment and I'd hate to have those stats touched when you're building for that in laning phase, because it's seen as such the power-house with it's actual scaling with your damage. Will you keep those stats the same and balance the stat nerfing around actually building past the first augment after you have 'death'?

VonHarlon

05-11-2013

Quote:
So one of the biggest reasons I like this iteration is actually the ability to 'color-code' the augments.

For example since Q is yellow and E is red... if we allow you to merge Q and E what color would that be?.........(drumroll)........ ORANGE!!

The stats will probably be nerfed, they are EXTREMELY gold efficient because they take up a slot late game, if we give slot efficiency back it is difficult to justify the gold efficiency.
he farms quite well throughout the game thanks to E so making the second upgrade significantly more expensive would be fine, since it would be an upgrade for slot efficiency instead of gold efficiency that his mid game transition demands due to his kit being balanced around it.

Mirror

05-11-2013

Kinda sounds like you gave up.

Should change the name of the Hex Core to UPGRADE!!! if it's just going to be "gotta collect 'em all."

Erreip199

05-11-2013

Solcrushed, have you considered (with your current idea in mind) locking the hex core augments to one per ultimate lvl (pre 6 you can get 1 upgrade, then post 6 you can get another one, same with 11 and 16 (possibly opening up a 4rth upgrade for the ultimate))? To prevent say a fed Viktor to obtain all 3 upgrades really early on and overwhelming his opponents, that would possibly remove the need to actually nerf the stats of the upgrades with your current plans

Autumn Blues

05-11-2013

MAKE HIM FLOAT!

Twitch.tv/Captain_Ken Pacific 4:30APm

imweasel09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Quote:

Will you be looking at what stats the augs give? HP/5 on power always felt out of place.

PoasterToaster

05-11-2013

The biggest problem with Viktor I feel is his passive doesn't really feel like a passive.

Take Rengar for example. He has his Bonetooth necklace (which for the record costs less than upgrading the hex core) Sure he doesn't start with his bonetooth necklace, but I think it would be easy to argue the point that the Bonetooth necklace is in many ways superior to the Hex Core. In addition Rengar has his passive where he can leap from bushes. He doesn't just have his unique item, unlike Viktor.

Viktor's passive feels more like the Bonetooth necklace more than anything. The Bonetooth necklace grants Rengar great abilites as he starts to take off. The Hex Core provides Viktor with a minor boost to his AP and a small boost to one of his abilities. Rengar's Bonetooth necklace really makes you never want to leave home without it. The Hex Core, I could see other items that honestly would work better with Viktor's build instead. Sure the bonuses are nice to the abilities, but the stats it brings doesn't warrant it being on me every single time.

Viktor needs a passive. Not an item.

The Hex Core also feels weak to me. The AP boost is nice, but I always go for the Death augment because the other augments just feel so inferior. The Power augment is the only one I even consider, but that's only so I can skip out on getting the Chalice of Harmony. Granted I never do that, but it's crossed my mind.

Professor Maple

Recruiter

05-11-2013

I've been trying out that "top lane viktor build" that I forget which Red uses and I really like the idea in practice. Hybrid Pen Reds, Armor yellows, Mr blues, MS quints. building augmentQ, furor boots, and 40% cdr with 9/21/0. This build sounds awesome in theory. Every time I use it though the lane goes poorly (even against champions that W is so good vs like jayce and elise).

The only time I every get kills is when are dumb and dive me at turret, but if they don't do that I feel super weak. Compared to other top laners Viktor has real mana costs because he is balanced around having blue buff. Without blue (people won't give it to you) or chalice you will oom super fast just trying to keep minions for being pushed into your tower. Against physical top lanes, chalice is a poor first buy so I normally go for morellonomicon.

in other words, I just feel week when I play vikor this way. Even when specing into his more ap bruiser build, I don't feel that I can compete with other champion of equal skill. It would be neat (and hard to balance :P) if his augments shifted him more into 3 different roles ( bruiser, utility, burst) by effecting more than just one spell.

Ailwuful2

05-11-2013

Quote:
Updates!

I have been consulting with the Pony on the issue.

We will be trying out a version where he can 'merge' the augments together by spending more gold.

Obviously this is an iteration and subject to change!
Approved. Ship it.

PodunkTheMighty

05-11-2013

Quote:
Updates!

I have been consulting with the Pony on the issue.

We will be trying out a version where he can 'merge' the augments together by spending more gold.

Obviously this is an iteration and subject to change!
Excellent, this is what I was hoping might happen. It opens you up to be tanky and safe (Transfer+Gravity), duel oriented, (Transfer+Ray) or focused on mass destruction (Gravity+Ray) I finally picked up Viktor in this past sale and he's a fun guy. The death ray is neat and sets him apart, and that CC of his is a game-changer in the right teamfight. I just wish that his Power Transfer maybe had longer range, since it's very hard to use it when the shield would be most helpful, and that his ult felt a little more impactful. (It's really cool, it just doesn't feel like it does a whole lot)