The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrkoolaidchild

05-05-2013

I love how unique Viktor's kit is, but the problem is his hex-core, all these bugs people have been talking about, I've never seen one happen to me before but still, if they're there, they must be fixed. Anyways, the hex-core is a problem because it's so lackluster in it's augments, I almost always just get Augment Death for the cheap extra AP to dominate the lane with ease as I poke away. But that's not fun because then there's really no reason to get the other augments. Finally, I feel the stats it gives when upgraded for Power Transfer or Gravity Field are very meager. the amount of hp and hp regen from the Power Transfer upgrade are more or less invisible.

Owlstreet

05-05-2013

I'll throw a little something into this thread, since Viktor is one of my more favorable champions to play in mid.

Although I like the Idea of the Augment item on Viktor, I feel that we are extremely limited in choices here. Honestly, the only Augment I find myself using is Death Ray, since the other two are extremely situational. If we could have a few more choices that give other options to work with, that could be nice, but since I understand that having 3/4/5/6 items just for one character is a bit much, why not let it be a purchasable item and not something that one starts with, such as Rengar's specialty item? This could open up a little bit more options to players.

Another small gripe I have with Viktor is his mana-costs. In lane I find myself Oom almost imediately if I intend to trade via skills instead of measly auto attacks. This is not so much a problem, as I can manage it fairly well until I get a blue/chalice, but it would be a god-send it have some mana-tweaks to make levels 1-4/5 a bit more workable.

Overall, I love the entirety of Viktor's kit and am happy to be part of a small portion of players awaiting the Revolution. Just don't make him so crazy that everyone will want him. <3

Furcate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

I literally love viktor. He is my favorite champion and not to toot my own horn but I am probably one of the only people that plays him correctly.

The only things I would liek to see changed would be his passive because the buffs it gives in comparison to all the other champions and wit hthe new items is just not enough. IF you notice most viktor players only get the augment for his E that's because it's like a free ignite. Plus the other two don't really compare.

Viktor has a really strong lane presence early game because his E has a alarge range and can do a lot of damage if the user is focusing on that skill. However, this makes up for his really poor escaping maneuvers. He literally only has his stun which activates after 2 seconds . (1.5) Which is ample time to flash out of and continue chasing him.

Any assassin can kick his ass. So he's not like undefeatable.

Bananatar

05-05-2013

As a Non-Viktor player, I got turned off by the augments. I would much rather be able to get 900 ap then an ability enhancement.

Kazkal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

I feel like the augments would be a easy fix,Simply remove his "Unique Item" maybe make it buyable like Rengars Bone necklace...Then make it so when he hits level 6 He picks which skill he wants to augments like KhaZix's super Powers.

Miss Ironblade

05-05-2013

I can't call myself a regular Viktor player, but I do ocassionally pick him up.
His kit is fun, unique (has loads of potential) and requires alot out of a player, wich I highly enjoy, but..

First of all he feels slow and bloated when he moves around so a bit of oil to grease his movement wouldn't be bad at all (I think both animation and actual stats).
I suggested the stat based on the fact that his only escape tool is his Gravity Field (W), wich has a fairly short range unless augmented and it has an activation time on top of that, wich makes it easy for jumping carry/assassin champions to avoid it (or even flash+jump for a fairly easy kill if they feel like it).
I know that 0.25 sec isn't much, but considering it only slows you before it stuns, you can ad atleast 0.25 sec more to enemy players reaction time.
His Death Ray (E) is a great poking tool, but it feels somewhat unstable/unresponsive sometimes and I'd love a better way of smartcasting it (Yes, I do smartcast). Example; the new ping system, press button and move mouse in the desired direction, release to cast. Or something like that.

As far as my playing of Viktor goes, his kit feels weak when trying to fend off short range champions, even though it's fitting for short range combat (E spell not accounted for, rangewise, still hard to make something out of a shortrange combat though).

As for his passive "Evolving Technology", I feel more or less powerless late game unless I choose the "Augment: Death" upgrade. I prefer the "Augment: Power" since it makes him increase in movespd when using Q, and it gives him that tanky feeling that he lacks but should have more of than other mages imo, he's part robot after all. :3

I think it might be a good idea to switch the stats on his augments around a bit to give players more of a choice with what they want to acchieve with Viktor.

Here's an example:
(Innate, +3ap/lvl, not accounted for, it's fine as it is and leaving it out makes this easier)

Current "Augment: Power" +220hp, 6hpreg/5, Q gives 30%movespd f 3sec
Possible change: +30ap, 190hp, 5hpreg/5, Q gives 25%movespd f 3sec
(25% is enough if base movespd is increased)
- This gives a slight increase in ap but focus mostly on surviving longer and thus dealing more dmg.

Current "Augment: Gravity" +200mana, +10cdr, +5manareg/5, 30% increased range on W
Possible change: +25ap, +15cdr, +10manareg/5, W stuns instantly for 0.5 sec instead of after 3 stacks (original 1.5sec stun)
- This one is the hardest to play around with, so let's explain my thought about this suggestion bit by bit.
This upgrade is focused towards those who like disruptive champions, the 15%cd makes room for other choices of items instead of the regular cd ones, the increased manareg to help you spam more before your mana runs out and the extra ap mainly to make it attractive as a choice. However, the extra range on the Gravity spell is no more, wich makes this a high risk, high reward upgrade since you can technically stun your enemies alot in teamfights (0.5sec in a teamfight is alot longer than it looks on paper, so original cd on this spell will probably need an adjustment to fit smoothly lategame, additionally, to be fair, the standard range on gravityfield might need a short range increase, from 625 to around 650 or slightly higher)

Current "Augment: Death" +45ap, E does 30% additional magic dmg over 4sec
Possible Change: +40ap, E does 15% of enemy champions total hp as magic dmg over 4sec
- Since it seems to be very popular with implementing abilities that deals dmg based upon opponents hp pool, this change seems to fit pretty well, and for you nuker Viktor players out there, this one still has the highest ap gain of the upgrades and it still burns your enemies to a crisp, enjoy!

Other than that, I don't know what makes him feel so weak lategame compared to other mages, maybe the dmg scaling needs an adjustment at higher levels, either way, that's all I have.

Good luck with the Viktor tweak Solcrushed, and thanks to you and the rest of the community for an awesome and imo really balanced Xin Zhao.

XElement

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNaraHarr View Post
as only having seen vicktor played 10 times or so all id say is maybe make his ults damage more consistant, ive seen it nuke people from full hp and ive seen people with only 1/4 health take only a bar or two
also i know he had a laser, aoe slow into stun, and his death cloud but for the life of me couldnt remember what his last ability is, so make it more prevalent

also make his augments besides the red worth buying, i remeber thinking they really were not near as good and have heard others say the same, maybe one grants more cc on abilies besides w while other helps gain sustain with mana regen, spell vamp, mana, or cd reduction

Viktor's ult (depending when you saw it) was bugged. There was the bug where you could double cast it with smartcast. So there were actually two ults.
If not, then there is the fact if his ult can stay up on the enemy. Viktor has some awful defesne, Low mobility and only his W to escape. His ult staying on top of his target can be impossible at times since the travel time depends on us being close to it. And kinda hard to be close if they flash towards their tower or enemies are all around.

DetsuhNagol21

05-06-2013

I started playing victor mainly because he looked like a fun champ. I really like the steampunk look that he has. His kit is pretty good but there are some problems. overall he doesn't seem to have a specific role. should he burst? should he sustain? should he poke?

Death Ray: is pretty unreliable to hit. Sometimes it will go farther than what it should to hit someone and sometimes it will just miss even though it went through them.

Power Transfer: does pretty decent damage and gives a shield. However the shield is negligible and it isn't instant. So most of the time when you try to trade you take the damage and the trade is over before your shield is even up. I think it needs to have a more defined purpose. Either an instant shield when it is cast or more shield when it returned. Overall this is a decent ability that just seems underwhelming. I don't think it needs to do tons of damage, but it does need a purpose. Not just that extra little bit to finish people off. Maybe an effect that gives more shielding if it kills a champion.

Gravitational Field: is a great ability in my opinion. It is a great ability for both defense and offence. however with such a long cooldown it is risky to use offensively. it is also very hard to land out side of team fights. Overall a good ability and not much to be done.

Chaos Storm: is a very powerful ultimate that can change the flow of a team fight. But it is pretty hit miss outside of teamfights. Sometimes it won't latch onto the target and will instead latch onto someone else. It is very frustrating to have all the squishes walk out of it because it latched onto a the tank.

Additional thoughts: Viktor is an extremely mana hungry champion so mana regen in his kit could help. It could be placed in his power transfer to give it more utility or as an augmentation. Overall his augmentations don't really lend to the vision of evolving his power. They just kinda add a little bit more to one ability. Not much of an evolution if you ask me. I think that the evolution Could be more integral to his kit.

Lucid1llusion

05-06-2013

I love Viktor, and I understand why people don't play him; however, I feel like he is well balanced.

What I really want is for his abilities (the ult mainly) to be cleaned up a bit. Death ray feels fine to me; you can rag and drop it like the new ping system as Miss Ironblade described.

His Q is a nice ability for damage, but the shield is sooo awkward to land on time for an anticipated attack. Unless the enemy stays to engage, I can't reliable shield incoming poke because of the travel delay. I know this was buffed from its release state, but still . . .

Grav field- rocks, I can't complain

The ult, sometimes doesn't cast quickly enough, I don't know why but sometimes it is just delayed. And its hard to lock onto a target at times. I don't know if there is a fix for this, but it would make life simpler as a Viktor player.

Masquerade4927

05-06-2013

Non Viktor Player- I loved Viktors look, he is probably one of the best looking in game champs we have, I played as him during a free week but he didnt have enough of a presence in fights unless he was 1v1 with a super squishy champ, also another thing that made me not get him was his performance of other players. I literally have never seen a good Viktor, I cant wait to see what you do with him.