Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The true evolution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CloudWater

05-05-2013

What if you make his "Evolution" something like Kha'zix?
And also have his passive remade or something o.O

FH Jellybean

05-05-2013

Quote:
Solcrushed:
Alright guys, I will be looking at Viktor and his augments as my next project after Xin Zhao. Since the mega-thread when I was working on Xin was quite helpful, why not do another one on Viktor?

Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?

Any kind of general observations/suggestions about Viktor is also welcome!

As with the Xin thread, I will not be replying to most of your posts but I sure will be reading them.

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)

What really kept me from playing viktor was his Q. I think it is difficult to "rumble ult" every 5 seconds, but I am sure i would do fine if i practiced him.

Sheogorath

05-05-2013

To be honest the only thing he lacks is a dash mechanism, which would make his ult much stronger (increase its chasing power) and it would make his squishy-meleerange style viable. I would substitute it to his Q, making it into something like:

Q (Magnetic Transfer): Viktor throws a magnetic device at the target location (it's a linear skillshot). Once it arrives at the location, the device pulses, dealing X amount of damage every pulse to enemies directly around it. The device stays in place for 2/4/6/8/10 seconds (numbers are an example), and Viktor can reactivate the ability at any time to get pulled to the device. The device would function similarly to Zyra's plants since it can be destroyed with 3 auto attacks and it displays it's duration with a bar beneath its health.

TheSurfinSlayer

05-05-2013

Out of all his augments, it seemed like the only one worth buying was his Death Augment.

His laser was super awkward to aim and really buggy.

Other than that he was pretty fun.

doubleguac

05-05-2013

Quote:
Sheogorath:
To be honest the only thing he lacks is a dash mechanism, which would make his ult much stronger (increase its chasing power) and it would make his squishy-meleerange style viable. I would substitute it to his Q, making it into something like:

Q (Magnetic Transfer): Viktor throws a magnetic device at the target location (it's a linear skillshot). Once it arrives at the location, the device pulses, dealing X amount of damage every pulse to enemies directly around it. The device stays in place for 2/4/6/8/10 seconds (numbers are an example), and Viktor can reactivate the ability at any time to get pulled to the device. The device would function similarly to Zyra's plants since it can be destroyed with 3 auto attacks and it displays it's duration with a bar beneath its health.

I love Viktor's high risk/high reward play. He has insane ratios and lots of free AP in the mid game, but he also has low range and low mobility. I agree that he can be screwed a little too hard by champs with long range targetted CC (like Naut and Vi), but I'd like to see his current, positioning-heavy play style preserved.

A change as simple as an increase on his shield's AP ratio (maybe at the cost of its base value, since it's very powerful for trading in lane) would, in my opinion, do a better job of rewarding good positioning while still making him slightly harder for a coordinated time to instagib.

Daedälus

05-05-2013

I really hate the fact of having to rush rylais JUST so my chaos storm can keep up with the target. idk how many times the enemy has just walked out of range of it RIGHT as they are about to die. So either A. I have to get a rylais or B. i have to flash so the chaos storm can keep up, so doesnt this actually raise another problem with viktor? the speed falloff of chaos storm happens waaaaay too soon when it just barely moves away from him. So you LITERALLY have to run right next to your target as chaos storm doesnt have much speed after it leaves it's cast range, buff chaos storms speed and change his q to beter suit his playstyle, cuz i mean even though power transfer does more base damage than death ray, how many do you see maxing q first? Increase his q's range and give him a shield from it when it hits his target, not when it returns

Azerain

05-05-2013

Quote:
Solcrushed:
Hey guys, troll here.

First of all, I apologize for leaving you guys out in the dark for so long. I can cite a bunch of reasons why the Viktor thing has taken so long but I'm sure you guys don't want to hear about that.

He has not been forgotten, and I will be working on it again as soon as I return to the states next week. (Currently in Korea)

EDIT: Reading this made me realize how amazingly informing this update in X months was. So..

The current place I am at is trying to figure out how complex I want to make his upgraded Cores since he's already a very complex character (Although I am trying out a different upgrade from the leak months ago)

Thanks for the information... been a little while, but better than being in the dark for longer.

Also, as you seem to already know, most Viktor players would like to keep him pretty much as complex as you're allowed to. Being a high skillcap complex champ just really fits him.

Daedälus

05-05-2013

Quote:
Solcrushed:
Pretty much, I do not see myself changing his base spells too much other than synching ranges ./ moving things around a little.

He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.

So then will this be like the sejuani rework (without the VU) where they moved things around a little? Or will you just keep everything the same and just change his augments?

Twilightmagus

05-05-2013

I love Viktor's kit, but feel he just doesn't keep up with other burst mages, and doesn't have the cdr to be a sustained mage. His E is very satisfying to use, and is what I feel makes him unique, and gives him one of the best pokes in the game His ult and stun placement can make or break a team fight, but after that he feels underwhelming. Augment death is nice coupled with liandry's, but overall doesn't feel worth an item slot. His augment gravity gives him the much needed range on his W, but doesn't do much beyond that.I never really liked augment power, as it feels even worse than the other two augments. I would much rather take a rebalance over a full rework because his kit really is fun to use.

Sheogorath

05-05-2013

Quote:
doubleguac:
I love Viktor's high risk/high reward play. He has insane ratios and lots of free AP in the mid game, but he also has low range and low mobility. I agree that he can be screwed a little too hard by champs with long range targetted CC (like Naut and Vi), but I'd like to see his current, positioning-heavy play style preserved.

A change as simple as an increase on his shield's AP ratio (maybe at the cost of its base value, since it's very powerful for trading in lane) would, in my opinion, do a better job of rewarding good positioning while still making him slightly harder for a coordinated time to instagib.

The problem is that given all the high mobility champions in game + flash and ghost, means that Viktor's ult has an extremely hard time following people for more than 2/3 ticks. The brief cast time it has also makes it relatively easy to avoid altogether. There are many situations where it is absolutely impossible to position Viktor correctly, because even before you have gotten into range of your abilities the enemy adc/apc/bruiser has already melted you. If your enemy has good positioning he can completely murder your amazing positioning skills, which would make Viktor not viable in high elo play.