The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desmond Law

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahzor View Post
any word on the laser still giving vision it shouldn't? I play Viktor any chance given but even I think it's kinda cheap to get vision well beyond the laser animation and of invisible things
Since I can't downvote twice, I will quote you and say downvote.

Noctis Lunaris

05-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
No clue, I just hope it isn't a let down.
I wasn't too happy about the Volibear skin.

That and I seen two amazing skin ideas for viktor as well.
head Hunter Viktor
Shaman viktor.
There's Pentakill Viktor and Predator Viktor, Nice ideas.

Idle Scout

05-05-2013

Extremely late reply here but I had only just found the thread.

Hi guys my name is Idle and I'm...I-I'm a Viktor player *quite sobs*
Joke aside, I really love Vik as a champ. At first I thought he'd be an overly done bundle of bolts and at first that's how it felt until it just clicked, kinda like beer, one game where I dropped a W over three people in a team fight then hit R asap. The amount of how much I helped turn that fight around was glorious and later I found how out how well he could play in lane once you tightened him down a bit.
Tl:dr Reason I played; Full mech Viktor is the best skin in the game. Reason I like him; team fight potential and great lane control that is also punishing if you lose control and push back too far due to the lack of escapes in his kit.

Captain Spog

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Hey guys, troll here.
The current place I am at is trying to figure out how complex I want to make his upgraded Cores since he's already a very complex character (Although I am trying out a different upgrade from the leak months ago)
I believe people playing this game enjoy depth of play and high skillcap champions. Especially Viktor players, since most of his skills require skillshots or very careful positioning.

TLDR i'm all for complexity. BRAINS OP.

Suck My Yordle

05-05-2013

Viktor player: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Whilst I'd like to say, "Because his design was very cool, interesting and reminded me of 40k" I probably shouldn't xD

The reason I picked Viktor up was because of his interesting assortment of abilities. However, much like your redesign of Sion... I can't help but feel the kit is rather skitzo.

Viktor is a unique, fun Poke champion, his ability to drop down E and run away, whilst it still travels its max range, is very interesting. Along with his insane ultimate, he seems to be a good champion.

Where he fails and falls however, is both his E (and in theory his R) have a very nice poke range and good AoE team damage. But on the flip side of this... His Q has a terribly short range, combined with his W which also has a short range, he doesn't quite know what he wants to be.
A short ranged brawling mage? or a long range poker?

I kinda like the idea of the kit, a Mage who is able to poke and wittle down his enemy from range, only to close the distance then suddenly finish them off with a big punch.
The problem is, His Q is very ineffective, atleast it feels like it. And W is just so unreliable it's simply not worth noting.

The two ways I'd suggest to improve Viktor are, keep his E and R almost the same, E could use a slight damage buff, or have the DoT burn built in.
Then either, recreate his kit to be more poke, make his Q longer range and his W more reliable. You could do interesting things like your Q bounces to the closest ally after hitting an enemy, shielding and buffing them. Or have your W create a pocket shield for allies to hide in, whilst also slowing/stunning enemies.
Or, second idea is make W longer range to tie in with his E, then make Q a much better brawl/finishing spell, have him poke for most of the fight then be able to dive in with a stronger Q to finish his foes in an interesting or skill-based way.

I'm sure you have noticed I have not mentioned his Staff Gem item.. It has never been that interesting to me as a Viktor player, the upgrades are always far too expensive and provide very little noticeable change.
My suggestion for improving it, are instead of buffing 1 of his abilities, instead change them to, Offensive, Defensive, Utility Gems. Have one thats YOLO all in, increasing damage/adding effect to all skills and offensive stats like AP. Have another that's defensive, sets up his abilities to increase shield, provide him with HP and Spell vamp etc. Then have one that adds utility benefits to his spells, buff the passive stuff, give him CDR or something, etc.

This probably isn't the most organized post, but I'd just love to discuss ideas and I'd probably talk for hours on end.
Thanks for reading! Hope it helps.

Heirpresumptiv

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lunaris View Post
There's Pentakill Viktor and Predator Viktor, Nice ideas.
Dot forget Ritzy Viktor, aka GD's excuse to have a skin full of bond villian quotes/references.

T Sphered

05-05-2013

I got pooped on by a viktor so i played him once and i hated him, his laser was very strong yes and his stun was nice and his sheild was nice but his ult was just not very good and his kit just didnt flow together in my oppinon and he felt stagnant. But thats just me i love combos and flowingness (why i main brand) also buff brand so he is legitimate competitive again please <3

SSOTP

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Alright guys, I will be looking at Viktor and his augments as my next project after Xin Zhao. Since the mega-thread when I was working on Xin was quite helpful, why not do another one on Viktor?

Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?

Any kind of general observations/suggestions about Viktor is also welcome!

As with the Xin thread, I will not be replying to most of your posts but I sure will be reading them.

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)
You have troll face, i want troll face lets make a trade. I will allow you into SSOTP for troll face

Scott Lightning

05-05-2013

So. I think Viktor is a great champion. I believe, however, that maybe his augment should be absorbed at a certain point in the game to open up further itemization. I like everything about his e and do not think it should be changed at all. However, I believe the cooldown is too long. This is for the following reasons. If Viktor is a burst champion, he wants to burst down 1 or 2 squishies in a teamfight. However, if he uses his full burst on 1 or 2 people, then he is useless for the rest of the teamfight, and simply his e ult combo will not fully kill both. Also, now his ult is useless as it's already almost over and Viktor cannot afford to continue following it to keep it on the fight. If Viktor's ultimate is aoe and a large dot, it should either have higher base damage/scaling to make him able to burst down a squishy with just e and ult or should have more mechanics for a teamfight (like Brand's ult for example). He should not have to choose between killing a squishy or placing his ult over 3 bruisers/tanks. His w needs a range buff also; I believe the range with the augment is the one that should be normal. This spell can rarely be used defensively against anything but a bruiser as its range is so small. In addition, the mana cost on Viktor's e is quite excessive, especially when it's the only effective poke in Viktor's kit. If it is spammed, he runs out of mana extremely quickly. Even before teamfights, he can run out of mana without having poked more than 5 times. Finally, the shield on Viktor's q is negligible all game if he does not level it first (which he definitely should not do). This either needs to be buffed or taken away with a scaling increase. Thanks for reading all of this and I hope some of it will be taken into account.

Semantic Memory

05-05-2013

Agree with 3rd tier item that upgrades his ult further.

but realistically, it'd be super awesome if you could make his ult a bit faster, honestly. It's really hard to use effectively.